News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 4:Butterville

Started by brads3, February 20, 2020, 07:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

it is o'k. very long wait to get children to move out.i am so used to taking nomads. many years not much gets done due to the children being too young.i have the map where it is starting to pick up and expand again.

with the news and concerns,i haven't played as much as i have before. how goes things across the pond?

Nilla

Here I will have a lot of time to sit at the computer because we have decided to isolate ourself and not go out unless it´s absolutely necessary. Just face the fact that if one of us get the virus, it´s probably lethal.  And since you can even order grocery online, you don´t need to go out much when you are retired and don´t work anymore.  But we´re fine. It will probably be boring but we will manage.

I even play some Banished, testing some nice new Nordic stuff. If you miss my blogs you can always look over to Tom´s page.;)

brads3

YEAR 36-38

WE have been good at repairing our tools and some were made from materials we had saved from the wagons that originally brought the 2 families here. we will need more and different  tools. we have not hunted,since we have no spears or arrows.we have no more wagon wheels. we did make 2 wobbly wheels for the trader's wheel barrow.we have also used lots of the stone up.to build more barns and houses we will need to dig a quarry.

after some discussion, we have a plan. not everyone agrees with it,some of the children have plans where they want to build houses. south of the trade post is a mountain.hopefully we can find some good minerals in it.we have some iron and copper ores. we need a way to smelt the ores and form tools. locating it between the mountain and river makes sence. if there is a fire,we can put it out with the river nearby.

a DS hearth will make copper tools by smelting copper ore. we also took time to dig a random RK mine. as females become 15 years old,we build more houses. sometimes, a young 10 year old male will move in instead.

pic 1; RK covered pile to store minerals and stone
pic 2: Ds hearth and a RK random mine was dug

brads3

YEAR 40 REVIEW

POPULATION 46 in 12 houses with 13 children.thou we grow slowly,we have been busy. we now process corn into bread.we have started to make copper tools. a trading post was built and we traded for blackberry seed. thered is even a tavern to make cider.the 2 finding coupples are 57 and 62 years old.

during the next 10 years, we hope to build a school and acquire more seeds and livestock. by then, we'll have 6 more houses and the population will grow faster.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: food graph
pic 5: overview

brads3

YEAR 40 ans 41

a merchant ship captain gave Regg some books for the children. these will help teach our children. a school is built. this should stop the 10 year olds from moving and stabalize our moveouts.a large playground will keep the children from

1 of our young helpers died when he fell off a ladder helping the builder.

pic 1:colonial school
pic 2: playground

CookieBarrel

The colonial school is one of my favs

"1 of our young helpers died when he fell off a ladder helping the builder."
I've alway say..never trust a srutting deer.

Nice pics a story. :)

Artfactial

Very colorful little town, love how you're keeping the flowers all around.:)

brads3

thanks. those flowers do produce berries with the RKEC.plus we need the grass hay to feed the livestock<which my houses can burn so these bannies do use that up>. 

brads3

YEAR 42 and 43

WE have several females of age,but the males moved out too young.these will take awhile to pair up.we build an EB farmhouse hoping a couple will move in. Aless and Johan will plant the backbery seed behind their house.

we assign a cleric to the parish church.  we scavenged more copper ore for the DS hearth. we send 2 workers to the random quarry for more ore. we need to upgrade to a RK blacksmith to make more tools.this will allow us to make iron and a variety of tools.

pic 1: blackberry field
pic 2: RK blacksmith and random mine

brads3

YEAR 44 to 46

WE trade flowers for wheat. the merchant says he and the other merchants like nut bread to eat as the travel between settlements.since it doesn't need to be cooked,the bread is a handy food to have.REGG will stock 500 of the nutbread for the merchants.we also trtade for veggy seeds.

most of the houses have pairs again.we have 2 students.

i'll point out some things with this mopd setup. with KID's farmyards, some might think they are a cheat. i haven't overused them at all.the amount of firewood by the 1 is not enough to support the bannies. even in the early years, we had to cut extra firewood to supply the  houses. to balance the food outputs, the 2 combo gatherers show low outputs. the hay<flowers and thatch> spawns fruit. we have several types of berries that are collected even thou they might not show up in the gatherer window. so what might be higher outputs are offset by other workplaces that have lower outputs. between them, we are producing the same amount of food as we use. these houses will burn thatch  so it doesn't just stockpile. the trade post does stock flowers that can be traded for food. the beekeeper and oat field,that is taken from KID's greenhouse mod, are not worked all year. they are disabled in the fall til spring.

1 bad point to this order is the trading. with so many different items ,we don't get a consistant supply of seeds. the merchants do have a tendancy to bring odd goods more than needed items. without iron, these bannies couldn't build RED's farm trade post. i wanted the option of getting both seed and livestock, so didn't use KID's specified traders. 

pic 1: veggy seed trade
pic 2: some inputs

brads3

YEAR 47 to 49

we trade for root seeds,  tomatoes and a few copper tools. that emptied the trading post.our oldest settler,Losson ,passed away.she was 71 years old. everyone is so busy,we have 1 laborer and 1 builder to help move supplies. not much can be done. we do collect minerals and food. the population has grown enough that we need as much as we produce or make. we have more children than adults ,not counting the 11 students.

a merchant did trade us some hardened tools for apple cider.

YEAR 50 REVIEW

population 77,33 adults,11 students,and 33 children. 12% educated in 16 houses. we make our own clothing and tools. the RK blacksmith can  smelt iron ore into iron and gives us more tool options. we traded for veggy and root seeds as well as some supplies.we had 2 deaths during the last decade.

not as much gain as i wanted.only built 4 houses. with the young help being in school,the bannies make and produce as much as they need. as the students start to graduate,we need to start another farm or 2. we'll need to plant the new seeds. we want to breed some of our decorative livestock and improve our trading. yes the decorations can be bred.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: food graph

Nilla

Nice, nice.

How are you, Brad? And how is life in the US? We hear it´s pretty bad, especially in some cities.  hop it´s calmer where you are. Take care of yourself.

brads3

hi,calm here for the most part. told to stay home other than for food. i was out a week ago and 2 or 3 weeks before that. i did have masks and some gear. been good at staying away from people. 
         i live in a small city not the major 1's. would much prefer to be out in a rural area where i could grow food. hard to find a good place now ,everything is just stuck. there are cases near but only a few.they do go up every few days.

i saw this coming for 3months when it started in CHINA. have watched as it jumped around Europe and tok down ITALY. i use a website that has people from all over the world,so it is real good for information. the governments have been behind over a month all the way. what they figure out now ,we did at least a month ago or more. i know too much that weighs on me. this virus ain't good at all,the death rates are higher than we are told, the effects of it worse. the economy hjas gone off a cliff,doubt it can come back for any of our countries. not to scare you,but i do think we need to prepare to survive without help from the governments. think we all need a Banished type farm.

the girl-friend and I tried to warn family but they listened to the government and thought it was just the FLU. even now they think life can return to normal.  sorry if this is long,i am trying to pick my words.

what will come will  come but i hope it delays til warmer weather. i think this country will see troubles by may.word i get is your area will within weeks. the #'s will grow higher and faster now.

how are you holding up? how is your daughter? is she  in Australia?

Nilla

Here it´s alright, boring but alright. We stay at home, still in our flat. As you may know, we have this remote house you wish for yourself. The only problem is, it´s far away, also from our son, that can help us with different matters, like bringing food and medicines. But we will see, I´ve talked to the neighbour and the town, as well as the church, has organized that food is brought at home to "risk persons." So maybe we will move back there now in spring, as we´ve planned for all the time.

Yes, the daughter is still in Australia, in a suburb from Melbourn. I don´t think it´s very bad there (yet). But they too keep mostly to themself, both she and her boyfriend can work a lot from home.