News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Weapon Challenge

Started by Nilla, March 31, 2020, 04:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avdpos

I was at year 24 when I saw your post - and thought I wait until year 30 to post anything.
But it took so long time.. So here I am at spring 27 with my 668 citizens.

So here is a report of the current status https://imgur.com/a/Sc0hzKw.

Missed your question about schools in the post above- I have  at least one school per marketplace and are max 2/3 full in all but one school.

Nilla

You have a basic, not exactly strong but possible to develop. Your production will also get higher when you get more educated. I don´t know if you want some advice and if you don´t, you can stop read or read it and don´t care about it. I will make some negative criticism about your town. I hope you can take it, as I said it´s a good basic; many people impressively fast, that´s well done but do you remember my "mantra" in my game? "Efficiency". More precisely; get as much production from each Banni as possible. On that field, there are some room for improvement.

Let´s look at your jetty piece and compare it to mine. You have a lot of "holes"; free space not built at. This only increases the steps the Banni need to walk and they produce less. Your fisher huts have overlapping circles. This sets the production down. You can say; two fishing huts with overlapping circles produce more fish than one. Normally, it might be the right way to think but in this case, you need to use the labour of each Banni in the best way. You need as high output from each fisher not only in total. Chaples are useless unless you´re using the North or DS Industrial mining.

Why don´t you process your food more? I can see some mills but making bread or drying fish doubles the amount of food on a small space with only one input (but try to get educated for this work and use the uneducated for the basic; farming and fishing if possible.)

How many farmers do you use on each normal farm and on the jetty patches? It´s "mild" and unless you have huge fields, one farmer can manage a normal field by himself but on the jetties, 2 farmers produce (almost) double. have you noticed that rice gives a lower output on the jetties than watercress and cranberries? It might still make sense to grow rice on the jetties and grind it out there to flour but I think I did better by growing wheat on conventional fields and farmed fruit and vegetables on the jetties.

If you have trouble with firewood and too little logs, "spam" the water with driftwood collectors and put 3 workers in all of them. Put charcoal maker next to the chopper, charcoal can also be used in houses as fuel and you increase the amount of fuel from each log that way.

Save stones; you may find there are a lot of them on the ground but you will need a lot to build your weapon maker and armouries. They are inefficient to mine for, expensive to buy and compete with iron, coal and gold ore by the merchants. Don´t build any more houses that need stones!

Maybe you do this it´s hard to see on the screenshots, use the small special markets. There´s one for raw material. Design your weapon/armour industry around one of them and if you´re starting to build at a new area it´s a good idea to first build a market for building supply. Everything will be built faster and you can close/ replace it when the area is done.

And it´s time to start to store as much iron, coal and gold as you can. You will need it!

I´m looking forward to seeing how this will go on.

avdpos

I hadn't shared if I hadn't thought is was fun to get your opinion.

I read "to inefficient" from your comments and I do agree with that my town is inefficient.
I have a hard time building.withput the gaps between houses - I think straight rows look boring and this building style is more "living". So it is mostly a way of keeping my interest even if I know it ain't the best way. Beauty is also the reason for the churches, it feels wrong to not have a single church so I have built some for my own happiness.

I have fewer "only lumber" houses as I have had to few sawmills/charcoal makers to keep up production. Got three full production sites finished last game month and will build some.more for lumber production. So hopefully I keep up. I have also rejected my first group of nomads and will reject more. Built a lot of town centers

Not using "food step two" is because of that I'm bad at the mod. I do not know the production chains and did finish my first two mills during last winter. I take your advice and set up some fish drying also. This and charcoal will probably be the focus for year 27.

The efficiency of different production sites in the docks I had no clue about and actually thought the difference was because of I had got some educated workers into some buildings. As the uneducated nomad dockworkers are dying efficiency will rise in food production (95% of the nomads got their homes in the docks). The lose of production from overlapping fishery circles was something I had forgot about. I will delete a few fisheries that do not have a use because of this.

You are fully correct on that I have a stone crisis coming. I will not be able to get enough stone without imports.

I have a few special markets - the armories have markets for all their needs and I think I have two for building materials. I wasn't entirely used to the market not carrying any of those resources.

So I think I will begin to set up a more efficient production site close to the same area you built your main town in.
I feel like I move production away from the river to much on my current production site so I can't expand that one to much.

With that said - I think my inefficiency make it impossible to beat you - but maybe my high population can help me out a bit and save the day.