News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forest Village

Started by Gordon Dry, September 09, 2015, 09:03:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Well, I followed this for a while when it boiled up on reddit...

I had my doubts about this - all the images are stills... (mock-ups?)... There was even a guy who claimed to be one of the developers, he told a lot of stuff - but since then, still no hard info on this game... not a single demo where we could see that there is really an existing source-code, and the website is nothing but a bunch of dead ends <shrug>.

But of course there is a whole spate of conspiracy theories  ;D

I'll not wait for this, if it ever comes it will be a pleasant surprise  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Fellow Villager

agreed with u
if developer set a kickstarter, i'll never buy it.

DesoPL

I will buy it if they will release the game, since there is lack of good city builders on steam.

I don't consider buying instead latest Sim City from EA.

Fellow Villager

i hope it's not a fake.

however, what are your favorite city buildying?

RedKetchup

they seems to still work on this, if you check the dates and what they did .... they seems to continue it

http://forest-village-game.com/roadmap-finished/

but..... if you read carefully... the words chosen.... there is something strange...
there an idea in my mind and i dont know if it can be completly false or true...

the words often chosen tells me :
Is it possible Luke sold his game to them ? is it possible they have the code source, and working on it to make it better / modify it ?
the game is essentially the same, but, they often say 'new models' or 'improved graphics' ... on this or on that .... but improved to compare to what ? and what there was there before they 'improved it' ?
like they talk about the cemetary and their fences... nowhere i am aware they already made one before ! so where were from ?

also the guy photo looks abit like Luke :P
maybe i am crazy :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Funso

It looks like this game will also give us a grid (if it is legit).

I wish we could rotate buildings on different angles and build roads that curved...  I was always a fan of Tropico 4 for this reason.  Too bad there wasn't a mod community for that.

Pangaea

It just looks like Banished with better graphics. Unless Luke has okayed this game, surely it's a case of copy and paste? Imagine if this was a "copy" of something EA had released. Ready your lawyers, son! Looks very dodgy to me. I'd hate for somebody to just steal Luke's hard work, improve the graphics a bit, and then cash in.

RedKetchup

bah Luke made a tons of cash on it. but he doesnt care anymore of this game :( he found some new fun elsewhere, his new projects.

Pangaea

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 22, 2015, 01:10:33 PM
bah Luke made a tons of cash on it. but he doesnt care anymore of this game :( he found some new fun elsewhere, his new projects.

Banished is banished :(  :'(

Funso

The more I look at this more interested I get in it.  I hope they provide all the right modding tools.

Fellow Villager

red, your opinion could explain many things...

for example the silence of luke
i hope he didn't make a thing like that

DesoPL

Let's say Luke did it, what it means for Forest Village? No one could buy it?

I asking, because i suffer much on lack of good city builder games on steam, since Anno series mostly are for Uplay. Sim City is only 4 on Steam just meh...

purringcat

Why not ask them if mods done for Banished will work in their game   ::)

"I asking, because i suffer much on lack of good city builder games on steam, since Anno series mostly are for Uplay. Sim City is only 4 on Steam just meh...
DesoPL"

rkelly17 helped me get SC4 up and running by pointing me to GOG which sells a version of SC4 that doesn't crash.

Fellow Villager

i was thinking the same :-D

RedKetchup