Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Forest Outpost V2 fixed

Started by kid1293, February 19, 2017, 05:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

Quote from: Nilla on April 24, 2017, 09:23:24 AM
Good word to remember @Bartender! :)

To be honest, I don't really need a church. I seldom build any. But I like the medieval churches in your region and I think many people would like them, too. A long time ago, I lived outside Staffanstorp and worked in Malmö and passed a couple of these nice churches every day, like Dalby or Nevishög. There are others Hardeberga, Revinge, Södra Sandby, Bjällerup, you name it: all very nice and typical for your North Danish area.  ;)
**For the TL;DR - scroll to end.  :)

I spent 6 weeks in the UK and we did a drive through of many 'off the track' villages (Hubby is Welsh, so we didn't to too much scenic stuff), and the architecture of some of the old, old buildings in Wales & Scotland was breathtaking, then when you got closer to London ...  I was less impressed by the grandeur of them, but more in awe of the engineering feats that they all represented.

In Scotland & Wales, you can see in some areas the non-denominational, even Pagan, buildings, with a Church of X right over the road, I was thrilled, to see how centuries later there was still a balance at cohabitation.  There was a small stone chapel, could barely see it for the trees and the shrubbery, and I just adored it.  It was built by an ancient Celt.  Of all the ones I was drawn to!!  :)

There was another one, less grown over, and right on the main street, a few coloured stained windows, stone, and it was I think a Celtic chapel, it was on 1 corner, on the same side, but the other corner, was a large modern(ish) Church of England church.  I don't have my photos from the trip, but it was truly inspiring. 

There were often little 'in the wall' type of places, that had decayed over the years, but the locals still kept parts of the building, where they could, and keep the ancient feel to the town. 

Gorgeous little bridges, stone & wood, leading to a garden where there was the last stones of an ancient temple of some form, whether it was Pagan, Celt or Roman, it didn't matter, it was still there, and still looked after, the vines and flowers were kept respectfully in order. 

You would see little 'peaks' of history in the smaller towns, following Hadrian's Wall, then up into Scotland...  And the Cotswolds ...  ahhhh ....  I always said Melbourne (where I am) is where I live, but Scotland, and the west of the Uk is my home.  I've had an incredible pull there for all of my life.  The Pagan in me called out to it, hahaha ;)

But, the Aussie landscape is more than enough for me, and offers beauty & inspiration on a day to day basis.

Ok, enough rambling - but yes, these little Forest style buildings are some of my faves and now you may have an idea of where I get my inspiration from.  :D  (sorry for it being long).
-----

TL;DR - houses look sweet, the chapel idea is wonderful, and reminds of little places in the UK where I've been.  :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

brads3

QUERY,i wish you had the pics. would be glad to see the little village remnants you describe.i know ,from various video games ,the construction style is very different from here.

kid1293

Those pictures can really upset a modders mind.
Hmmm ... if I do like that ... maybe if I change ... :)

I guess many of us would like to have a set like that.

Well, thanks @Turis !

Here is a taste of next in this mod. A stone house.
You recognize the style from the chapel.
I will continue for a while and see how it all fits together.

QueryEverything

That's coming along nicely :) 
Will it be able to fit up alongside the chapel, as a chapel house?  It looks like it may well do so :)

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kid1293

@QueryEverything -
Almost close to the chapel. There is a small patch of grass (for overhanging roof)
You have to experiment.

Had my lunch. Full of energy. Now it's time to make @Paeng happy.
I will try to turn all forest houses 45 degrees to make them 'not-so-straight'. :)

Doctor and Town hall will have to wait.

By the way, I am also waiting with Bartender's Natural Diversity.
I will release a second version of Forest Outpost later with thatch requirement
and all plants. (bushes too). For now it is possible to gather from Tany's
Wild Flora and make Linen clothes if you have that mod installed.
Working hard to release it to you!

Abandoned

@kid1293 stone house looks very nice.  Tany's new flora does include a linen weaver, it's an outside workplace, could use a covering.  :)

kid1293

Tilting the world.  ;)

I adjusted the height of wooden forest houses to match the new stone ones.
They may look thin, but I think you can get used to them.

@Abandoned - There are so many things needing covers that I can't
cover them all. Sorry, but later when I release - try my Yard Cover 3 wide.

edit - Now I will tihnk about the 'doctor-bathhouse-confessionaltavern-whatever' :) :)

Abandoned

@kid, sorry I didn't mean you needed to add one, I wish I would have had the covering mod in my game when I started Newport story especially for workplace too.   :)  These houses look really nice.  Will look forward to completed set.

kid1293

@Abandoned - I can PM you the current version of cover mod. It's complete, but waiting for Luke.
It should be safe to add. (Make a copy of your save game)

Abandoned

@kid1293 if I'm not mistaken I have covers downloaded with some of the other new mods but have not added them to my game yet.  I wish I would have put in the Colonial mod already too so it would be under the new community tool.  So, thank you but I think I will wait.  There are a lot of updates to do.

QueryEverything

Quote from: kid1293 on April 25, 2017, 05:35:36 AM
Tilting the world.  ;)

I adjusted the height of wooden forest houses to match the new stone ones.
They may look thin, but I think you can get used to them.

@Abandoned - There are so many things needing covers that I can't
cover them all. Sorry, but later when I release - try my Yard Cover 3 wide.

edit - Now I will tihnk about the 'doctor-bathhouse-confessionaltavern-whatever' :) :)

Looking excellent @kid1293 very excited :)  thank you very much!!

kid1293

@tanypredator - I know you looked for a forest bath house/hospital.
This looked like a spa so I named it Small Spa.
I maybe add more or just leave it for people to decorate.

I lost 6-7 hours yesterday when trying to decorate it.
It didn't turn out nice, so this is what's left.

edit - I reach out to @Necora  to teach me 'Smoke on the Water' :) :) :)

RedKetchup

thats what exactly i thought when i saw it .... a spa :)

"Elisabeth is in the bathroom washing her tooth in the bathtub"
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

taniu

@kd1293We have the same thoughts I was thinking about the sauna but it could be a spa. I wanted to send you some pictures yesterday about bathing, maybe it is too late to use this? I really like this building :)
Sauna-a small room used as a hot-air or steam bath for cleaning and refreshing the body.

kid1293

Really nice ideas, @taniu
I wish I had them a day ago.  :(

Maybe in another project?

Behold the new town hall!
(it's only in planning stage, but...)  :D