News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Forest Outpost V2 fixed

Started by kid1293, February 19, 2017, 05:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

sorry you two, I made that suggestion a couple of pages back, it was a no.

kid1293

You people are really fond of covers?

I say again - There are so many possiblities 1x1 1x2 2x2 2x3 3x3 and so on.
I can dedicate a lifetime to making covers in all shapes and colors.
Even if I try I will leave some out. Maybe later...

...and I am not mad at all suggestions, I like them. It's just that things
get crowded now and then. I started updating my mods with limits and flags
and got stuck on Forest Outpost.
It was my free will to make log houses. I have barely started.

All I can do is give you the same forest mod with fishing spot and compatible
with New Flora and Natural Diversity.
The new version of New Flora on top, then NatDiv and you can put Forest Outpost anywhere.
They collect all stuff and it is looking very good with forest and meadows. :)
Maybe later I put in a requirement for thatch, don't know...then I will need NatDiv...

Abandoned

@kid1293 one of the roof textures on the yard covers is a pretty good match for forest outpost and good sizes.  I think my post on that thread may have gotten lost in the middle but I mention that one of the f-key wall of the storage matches the alotofseeds port wall but there is no covering happy roof to go with it.   :)

brads3

why does QUERY keep trying to burn towns up??? she is becoming a firebug. a grass or wood cover over the firepit...hmmmm glad i live on this continent wayyy over here.
   KID you say those gatherers will collect everything,are you sure??? i have CC and NECORA'S pine set above it and when i clear land they trash beaver lodges.the other day i was trapping foxes and rabbits from RED's fodder fields and i noticed lots of stuff left. i think i have to add a pine set vanilla gatherer to that area.what started as 3 buildings has become a small village in those meadows.

Abandoned

@brads3 I think kid means the gatherers will collect everything from New Flora and Natural Diversity.

kid1293

Quote from: Abandoned on April 28, 2017, 02:02:37 PM
... I mention that one of the f-key wall of the storage matches the alotofseeds port wall but there is no covering happy roof to go with it.   :)

Sorry about that. I already had 5 roofs and added different walls to the storage just for variation.
I didn't think of matching other houses.

Abandoned

@kid1293 I hope that is a yes to an update to covering with happy roof which is on the trading post and happy haven house.  :) Please

QueryEverything

Quote from: kid1293 on April 28, 2017, 12:27:32 PM
You people are really fond of covers?

I say again - There are so many possiblities 1x1 1x2 2x2 2x3 3x3 and so on.
I can dedicate a lifetime to making covers in all shapes and colors.
Even if I try I will leave some out. Maybe later...

...and I am not mad at all suggestions, I like them. It's just that things
get crowded now and then. I started updating my mods with limits and flags
and got stuck on Forest Outpost.
It was my free will to make log houses. I have barely started.

All I can do is give you the same forest mod with fishing spot and compatible
with New Flora and Natural Diversity.
The new version of New Flora on top, then NatDiv and you can put Forest Outpost anywhere.
They collect all stuff and it is looking very good with forest and meadows. :)
Maybe later I put in a requirement for thatch, don't know...then I will need NatDiv...

Thank you :)  *happiness :)
Downloading now, will give it a twirl a little later (hubby is cooking brunch, it would be rude to play ...  wouldn't it?!?! hahahaha)  I will come back a little later and see how your decisions are panning out.  lol. 

@brads3 unless @kid1293 has specifically included @Necora's work and the CC content, I think you will need to build Necora's gatherers.  I haven't tried this yet, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.
I have NF loaded over Pine & NatDiv so I naturally get Tany's items because I can always plant Necora's mods, but I couldn't Tany's.  So that's why I have a different load order. 

If you load it so that New Flora is the top, then the Pines, then NatDiv, you will find that Kid's Forest Outpost will work with collecting the newer resources, you will have to build Necora's foresters and harvesters though to get your added resources.

And no ...  I don't want to burn down all the villages, LOL, it's just when I saw the school house it reminded me of the local BBQ coverings we have here and I thought it would be a good idea :)  Anyway, what do you think the Tribal Island residents use on their traditional pit coverings? hahahaha :) 
(Again, not even suggesting a fire cooking pit with lovely shadecloth over it for the Forest Kid ... nope ... not me ;) )
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

brads3

LOL, i figured he needed harrassed. he said it anyhow. seriously i am used to the gatherers this way. did TANY ever get her flax to be compatable with other mods?? i do wish you would light more fires so the nomads run away. this map hasn't gave me any yet.

QueryEverything

@brads3 I didn't have nomads the other day either, it was really odd I normally have them before year 4.
Then I built the tiny market and they showed up.

I wonder if the mod that allows nomads at any time, is somehow not working correctly with the new 1.0.7 version?
Or, did it always require a market and this was the first map I didn't have a market with??

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

@QueryEverything

I think Nomads in vanilla need 3 buildings to arrive.
Townhall, Market, and Trade Port.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on April 29, 2017, 12:23:49 AM
@QueryEverything

I think Nomads in vanilla need 3 buildings to arrive.
Townhall, Market, and Trade Port.

exact, vanilla
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

no you don't need the market. the mini TH does still work. it normally will give nomads in under 5 years. once in a while it will mess with you.i have wondered as well if there is something deeper into the game code that checks a list like santa clause. i have been told there is not but i have seen things to still quedtion it.like you have found sometimes some small change to your game and poof nomads come. this 1 was my fault, i needed a bridge before they would show up.sadly then the clock started and it was another 5years.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on April 29, 2017, 02:20:22 AM
no you don't need the market. the mini TH does still work. it normally will give nomads in under 5 years. once in a while it will mess with you.i have wondered as well if there is something deeper into the game code that checks a list like santa clause. i have been told there is not but i have seen things to still quedtion it.like you have found sometimes some small change to your game and poof nomads come. this 1 was my fault, i needed a bridge before they would show up.sadly then the clock started and it was another 5years.

then this is because you have a mod that change that settings
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

I have a mod that works in a way that nomads would come at anytime though, and quite often I don't use a trade port, but build the small well from Kid's tiny mod. 

I haven't used Vanilla for  ...  well only when I bug test.

I just started a new map, all mods enabled and built (the first thing I built) @kid1293's Tiny Nomad Well, on year 2 I had 2 nomads arrive, so I know that I'm not hampered by Vanilla's original nomad hindrances  - market, town hall& trader.

I think it was a once off bug for me, as things are working fine now. :)