News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Forest Outpost V2 fixed

Started by kid1293, February 19, 2017, 05:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

@brads3 Kid's tiny town hall does not attract nomads, the well is the nomad attractor.  You do not need anything but the well and I usually get 2 nomad every 2 years to start, then the number increases.  Kid's tiny town hall or Kid's tree hall do not attract nomads, not even with market and trading post, there is no nomad arrival tab so no nomads, and the mod Ramsey's Town Hall Only Nomads does not work either.   Kid's Colonial set has a statue. With my slow 1:1 starts and small maps, I need nomads early so always use the well.  I would like to have a few more choices than the well, like a wagon or crossroad sign, forest deep maybe a deco tree with an arrow with deep forest name on it, f-key choice pointing left or right.  Maybe even a small boat on shore like cc arrival.   edit, the arrow deco tree would be more versatile with arrow simply saying Town.

kid1293

Soon maybe the nomads have houses too...  ;)

I think I nailed it this time. Waiting for food and sleep and then more variants.

Abandoned

wow @kid1293 , absolutely love those log cabins.   :)  Just got some nomads into an angled stone house, looks really good.  Plus log cabins = best looking settlements ever.  thank you

kid1293

Well, I guess I won't abandon you yet.  ;)
Here is a little extra. Been a good day.
Night.

Discrepancy

Love the log houses :) they look made for the forest.

Abandoned

@kid1293 a good day indeed, good morning, hope you slept well.  That lamp post is absolutely fantastic.  Those nomads will certainly be able to find their way to it.  :)  thank you so much

QueryEverything

Quote from: kid1293 on April 29, 2017, 03:34:21 PM
Well, I guess I won't abandon you yet.  ;)
Here is a little extra. Been a good day.
Night.

Well, haaaayyyy now, that is a good day :)  How cute is that lamp!  That would look great in nearly any setting. 
Q:  (Cos, ya know I have to ask, cos i'm naughty), is it ghosted, or made on a roadtile, so it can fit either at a cross roads, or up against a building?  You know, sharing space with an Inn etc?

Have a fantastic night @kid1293 you've been working hard.

I see your Jethrow & I raise you a Stevie Nicks for the evening.    A little magic to your eve.  :)

Day is just starting here for me, chores to do, then game time, yess!!
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

brads3

Quote from: Discrepancy on April 29, 2017, 03:43:30 PM

yeah, you tell him. this was a forest mod set and he stuck a city lamp post in it. you sure he slept or bumped his head?let me guess lightening bugs work the light too? don't send that to QUERY. she'll light the whole forest up til it burns down even. how many nomads per year would that be?? LOL LOL
i built 2 nomad wells in the mission 1 day and had wayyy too many nomads and not a year later had a huge 2nd set. like 80-90 nomads in less than 2 years.

seriously though,i can see places that would work like the colonial set.how many nomads? how often?limited to 1 functioning?and the rest is decorations? we don't want to bar-b-q all the kangaroos.

QueryEverything

Quote from: brads3 on April 29, 2017, 08:38:02 PM
Quote from: Discrepancy on April 29, 2017, 03:43:30 PM

yeah, you tell him. this was a forest mod set and he stuck a city lamp post in it. you sure he slept or bumped his head?let me guess lightening bugs work the light too? don't send that to QUERY. she'll light the whole forest up til it burns down even. how many nomads per year would that be?? LOL LOL
i built 2 nomad wells in the mission 1 day and had wayyy too many nomads and not a year later had a huge 2nd set. like 80-90 nomads in less than 2 years.

seriously though,i can see places that would work like the colonial set.how many nomads? how often?limited to 1 functioning?and the rest is decorations? we don't want to bar-b-q all the kangaroos.

I was going to leave this well enough alone, but, jeez @brads3 what do you think, people who live in the forest don't know how to make candles, let alone a hanging post to hang one on? 
If you don't want to attract more nomads, then don't keep building nomad attractors. 

I happen to like this lamp, it certainly suits the mod, and it certainly is appropriate. 
I'm not sure it's Kid who 'bumped his head' ... 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

brads3

i did ask for that. i was just harrassing you all .it is a nice looking piece and would be handy in some places.

tanypredator

Log houses are great, thank you! Look very realistic and beautiful.

Turis

I thought there was a choice to accept or refusing nomads.

Paeng

Love the little log cabins!  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

kid1293

Since you are so nice, here is another one.  ;)

Abandoned

@Turis the lamp post nomad generator does have the choice to allow or deny nomads.

I agree a matching deco only one would be nice, and also I think a matching log fence would go well with these log cabins.  :)  Maybe when @kid1293 has another cup of morning coffee he will give it some thought.  One cup = another log cabin  :)  Thanks kid