News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3:Seneca

Started by brads3, February 13, 2019, 06:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

after 2 weeks of tests, i can play a more normal game. maybe i forgot how to. to show how much the nordic landscape mod impacts the temps. i chose to set this climate to fair.it is a north fair not vanilla. these are the Seneca indians,one of the many finger lakes tribes of New York State.this group followed a stream away from the lake.

map: Seneca,362749927,pine wood valley,small,fair,farmers,disasters off      barley,pepper,and carrot seeds
   mod total 138   

knowing they need leather to build the huts,they will use a tower hunter. while three  fields are cleared,a mini townhall,and some workplaces are built.huts are started but wait for leather.a DS log bridge will give access north for a forest.
         there are a few challenges. the small pile makes it tough to keep space for logs.it was filled quickly.without a close herd of animals ,leather is a struggle.

starts at 16 degrees,snow melts as spring begins.soon after,the farmers started planting.it warmed into the 50's before sumer.
it barely got into the low 60's during the summer. frost hit in fall.snow followed quickly.it fell below 10 in the winter.before spring it warms back above 20.
      when the temp hit 30 degrees farenhite,we lost 30% of the peppers and 10% of the barley.carrots had been harvested completely.these crops handle the cooler temps well.

they gained enough leather to finish the huts in winter.land was cleared north of the river for more another storage pile.

pic 1: map settings
pic 2: mp start
pic 3: planting
pic 4: growth
pic 5:outputs
pic 6:huts

Nilla

I see that all your inhabitants are happy. It looks like you´re playing a special/older Norseman without the strong happiness system.

brads3

i did add the norseman below the propertime mod. it doesn't help the education of the farmers.i left it as a way to show this isn't a typical vanilla climate.

Nilla

OK, I should have known @brads3; using more than 1 real-time ageing mod. It´s perfectly you! :o :-\

Abandoned

brads3

YEAR 2

with a warmer spring,planting starts early.by summer it is already in the mid 60's.it did hit 70 but the rains cooled it back down.
the crops did better with the warmer temps.all were harvested by mid fall.a week later the temp fell below freezing.by late fall, it is already down to 20. winter will drop from 10 and climb back to 20. 5 degrees was the lowest.

the builder had to move his own supplies but did get a FO. school and 2 mini sheds built.he did have to move firewood to the DS fuel shed as well.the clothing limit was dropped to 25 and the food was doubled.

YEAR 3

the chief's daughter will turn 10 and take over as our teacher. they debated it and the chief finally won out. he would be the teacher and she the wood cutter.
      since i have to wait for th farmers to start the planting,work and plans for the year are always delayed.  this year it will be alomst may before the year starts. does make the game play slower.

the carrot farmer waundered over the stream while it was frozen.it is a long walk back since she had to travel to the south end of the stream to get back across once it melted.not only is the field planted late but we worry about her freezing or deciding to never return.

summer has been rainy and cold. it never even made it into the 60's.a hard frost came mid way thru early fall.crop production fell by 45%.what a miserable year. we were almost to 0 degrees before winter started.brrrr record low, -3 below zero.  it stayed below zero for over a month.slowly we warmed up thru late winter.by sdpring it was 11 degrees.

pic 1::FO school 
pic 2: y2 outputs
pic 3: north tiny forest
pic 4: y3 growth
pic 5: y3 outputs

brads3

YEAR 4

after last year,this year has to be warmer.it will take time just to thaw the ground.the indians did scavenge for some berries during the cold fall.they looked for herbs but haven't found any yet.

even in early spring our temps dropped back into single digits.where was the sunshine? to use the time,the indians increase tool and firewood limits.

mid april, 2 nomads arrived.they had survived the harsh winter, but were out of food. they rested for a week before starting construction.they built a hut near the forest and a gathering hut.a small shed and a mini shed will give them enough storage.the bannies thawed out and were thankful for any warmth but the summer was still cool. it never made it above 55 degrees. it was so cool the crops wouldn't grow.production is down 65% with educated farmers.

winter temps hold near 10 degrees.the wind blew different as there was less lake effect snow squalls.without the wind,it felt much warmer than the year before.the bannies were scared cause they made more tools and coats than the limits.  46 coats with a 25 limit,81 tools with a 75 limit.   

pic 1:nomads arrive
pic 2: crop growth
pic 3: outputs
pic 4:inventory,no flax and no herbs yet
pic 5:north gatherer and hut

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

i need more wokrers before that. i did run the herb tool across a few times, but so far have notcollected any kind of herbs.

brads3

YEAR 5

there is ony 1 designated laborer.he has 3 helpers.the blacksmith,tailor,and woodcutter help during the summer. the farmers help during the winter.   he can clear some stone and copper ore.together they do scavenge for herbs and food.with the propertime mod,it will take 6yrs before we have graduates.with these cool summers,we do need to work to build a stockpile of food.

though temps only  get into the mnid 50's,it does hold there longer.the crops do better this year.the longer the temp is above 45 the better. the hgher the temp the faster and more productive.this year, planting was a week or 2 earlier.even so,we are well below the 500 goal per food worker.

winters are long. this 1 starts below zero.the indians have worked to keep health up/they have not found any herbs still.an EB farmers market will help move fruit from the forest.

had a weird issue. EB's market wouldn't work. the vendor pulls up the wheel barrow and says he is working ,but stands still.he went to get warm,without his wheel barrow. pulled the wheel barrow back up as soon as he went to work but again stood frozen. i switched him back to the fuel market,he still was stuck and would not work.the vendor was not at idle but read working.not sure what would cause it as the farm market has worked before. weird that the issue affected the fuel vendor which had been working fine before the EB farmer market was built. the market will be removed and the fuel market re-enabled. he is still frozen with his wheel barrow.if he goes idle or to his house,he will drop the wheel barrow and move.soon as he starts back to work,stops and stands still.this  mod order has 1 the bigger wheel barrow mod at the top. on further tests the farm market will not store firewood.no bannies can  carry firewood. they can make it and pick it up but instantly drop it. as it is, i am not sure any bannie will move any item.

i did some debug testing of various markets.the way EB's mods are in his group is causing the issue.rearranged EB's group per the RK 1.11 order.opened the saved game and moved the production set to the top of EB's mod group.howver,the issue can not be fixed for the saved game.

note: the mods do work,just not with this order.evidently the EB production mod is conflicting with the individual EB mods.none of the markets are included with the production set mod. it is a strange issue since it infects other  modded markets and all bannies.

pic 1:yr 5 growth
pic 2: yr 5 output
pic 3: frozen vendor,
pic 4: EB farm market

RedKetchup

i like those cartooned_a_bit primitive huts. where from ?

brads3

the indian huts and wigwam are from the native set included with the CC frontier addon mod. there are some teepees,totem pole, and a long house storage barn included with the set. the set has a burial ground that has a high death rate from poisoned arrows. the school is from KID's forest outpost.

brads3

i could spend days testing to analyze how much else the market issue is affecting things.i could have went back to a save before the EB market and not built any other EB markets. think the best way is to attempt to fix the issue and start another map.will remove the EB indiviual mods,i only had 1 that was included with the set mod, and move the production set mod to the top of EB's group.

this short map did show how much the Landscape Nordic mod affects the climate and crop growth. with a fair start it is like being in Canada.short cool summers. crop outputs vary considerably  from 1 year to the next

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on February 16, 2019, 10:33:47 AM
        this short map did show how much the Landscape Nordic mod affects the climate and crop growth. with a fair start it is like being in Canada.short cool summers. crop outputs vary considerably  from 1 year to the next

a lot of farmers lost half of their potato production last autumn here in quebec.

brads3

this north climate on mild does set it closer to here on the NY-Pennsylvania border. we get into the 90's usually july-august. with the spring thaw and rain,lately planting is closer to may.

potatoes would be affected with too much rain or early frost.last couple winters down here have been weird. sub zero longer than normal and earlier. our 1st snow was 6".was no flurries before that.was sub zero in dec. way early.our fall and late summer was all rain.