News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Ashvilla

Started by brads3, February 19, 2019, 08:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

mod changes: remove EB tannery,move production set aboive other EB mods.     mod count 137

map: Ashvilla,352561399,lush green valley,very large,North mild,no disasters,medium3 start    peppers,barley,beef cattle.

goal start with a small cold-style colonial village and step it up to a nice colonial town on the other side of the lake.farms to the east of the lake and work north for forests along the river.

players often ask how to start maps so i'll try to do an outline of sorts.it is flexible. once the map loads i hit the pause button.take a look around and lay down a small field to see what crop seeds i have.then just delete the field.1st step is locate and clear the 10x10 crop fields.since the plan is to move goods back across the river,ill lay out a double road.to the west i'll clear the fields.these will supply materials for building.sooner the fields are planted, the better the crops will grow.i leave a tile space between the fields and road.this gives the bannies an area to work and place the produce.

the clear area in front of the barn will be used for a town center. i need firewood,a blacksmith,mini townhall,and tailor.that is enough to keep the bannies supplied. 1 thing to remember is locate a firewood storage between the chopper and the pile. otherwise the wood choopper will fill the pile with firewood. main reason for these shops being built  is to keep the pile from getting full.once it is filled,the bannies won't clear land for building.placed 3 houses,mini TH, and some workshops.now unpause the game and assign a builder.

these bannies stock the construction areas while some start to clear the fields. this keeps the builder busy while they keep clearing land.soon as the fields are cleared,assign farmers and then clear the pasture.the pile is over half full but the workshops are already cleared and supplied.with this many bannies i do want the school early.an old town school is layed out as the bannies finish the pasture.

the way i have the mod order,these houses will burn thatch. since i have almost 100 thatch from pasture and the pile is not near full,i'll wait on assigning the wood chopper.let him work as a laborer as long as possible.together they can cut trees so i can see to lay out more and they will need the logs.while the bannies are all busy,i decide to use a flax garden to fill space in the town center. this will keep the tailor supplied while the cows breed and fill the pasture.

with this north climate, i did add a 2nd builder in the fall. soon as it snows,the wood chopper is assigned.the blacksmith will make stone tools to conserve the iron.the builders did their job of finishing everything except a fishing pier.nobody will be left out in the cold. the snow did cost us some crop but both fields are over 500.had i built the houses and then cleared the fields,we would have lost more.

by late fall the extra builder becomes the tailor. there is no laborer.everyone is busy. when they are low on supply or hit the limits,workers will help as laborers.the 2 farmers will gather food and cut trees in the fall.  good thing they worked together so well.we are in for a biter cold winter.temps are down to 5 degrees f before winter starts.

pic 1: map settings
pic 2: map start
pic 3: feilds cleared and planting started,
pic 4: progress to late summer,
pic 5: outputs and storage,

brads3

YEAR 2

with the children in school and everyone working,there isn't much construction that can be done for a couple years.as the flax garden produces,more clothing can be made and stored for future trading. in order to stockpile supplies,we will need more storage space.i need to look at a market for the town center and another food barn. the fertilizer is being stored in the work pile.since the fertilizer is under the new limit flags,many barns will not store it.the medieval markets won't go with the colonial style.a old town open market will work in the center. to increase storage a pine shed and a small shed will add to the market.with some crates or carts this will make a nice universal storage area.even so the herdsman needed a pile for fertilizer.

year 3

a plantation storage barn is built near the beef pasture.when bannies have time they begin to clear land for more fields.the change to the climate will mean more food workers will be needed. the builder did find time to dig 2 wells.

year 4

the 3rd field is plowed and the 4th  is being cleared when a nomad couple arrive.1 becomes a 3rd farmer and the other a laborer.the builder and laborer decide to build a house and then a boardinghuse for future nomads.  it is late spring,but we hope to get half a crop. 

the beef pasture is full.we will have more meat next year.our food production will show progress soon.we have started to stockpile a trade good. there are 300 coats and 150 flax.our temperature range is farther north than i like. we have yet to hit 70 in summer and the winters hold below 10 degrees too long.the length of the growing  season is close.5-10 degree warmer thru the summer months would mean better crop outputs.mid 70's would give mature crops earlier.harvests are late enough that there is a lot of crop still on the fields when the hard frosts occur.overall with the nordic climate ,it is closer.

herbs are now growing and being collected in the 4th year.
pic 1: y 2 growth,market plaza
pic 2: y 2 outputs
pic 3: plantation barn and growth
pic 4: y3 outputs
pic 5: pasture is full,3rd field planted
pic 6: y4 outputs
pic 7: boardinghouse

RedKetchup

yeah some doesnt like to see their cabbage tasting like fertilizer from being inside a closed barn together ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

btw, i fixed the Dock Blacksmith dock sitting... let me know if there are more to fix

brads3

i  agree with not storing fertilizer with food,especially markets. wasn't sure if it would store in the pine shed or KID's carts and crates.so far the fertilizer only stores in piles.

brads3

YEAR 5

the 3rd field will plant barley to increase out grain. a cemetary will be set up this year.now that there is a laborer,the builder can work to extend the roads.the laborer can begin to clear some rocks.the bannies now have some shade trees and some shrubs. textile,mineral,and material limits are increased. food production has improved.

pic 1: 5yr production totals
pic 2: inventory
pic 3:cemetary
pic 4: outputs

Abandoned

@brads3 try these specialized storage with new flags for fertilizer piles

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1679.0

RK carts also work - I used them with Kid's GrowHuntFish in Misty Meadow story 37

:)

brads3

for now i can store it in a general pile. i tried the wharehouse so i could move it out of piles and store it for greenhouses later.

Abandoned

Maybe RK could make special warehouse for his fertilizer  ;D and his greenhouses

brads3

YEAR 6

the mini townhall will bring nomads randomly about every 3 or 4 years.as the popultaion increases it will send larger groups.it doesn't need the boardinghouse or market to bring the nomads.this works to give time to build and restock supplies before the next group arrives.

we will build ahead for the next group of nomads.a 10x10 holding pen for any livestock will help keep them from waudering off.a CC dock trade post will be constructed. it is more universal and the merchants will be less picky about the goods.

YEAR 7

there are 2 graduates,a 15yr old male and female.the plan is to send graduates to food production.un-educated nomads can expand city services.this couple will build on the other side of the beef pasture and start accessing land along the river.the 5th field will be 8x8.i want to see if it the bannies can harvest it faster and improve production.

a 14yr old graduates, so we will build another house and clear a 8x10 field.

pic 1:dock trade post and holding pen
pic 2: 1st graduate couple housed
pic 3: single male graduate's house

brads3

YEAR 8

the builder plans to build a covered bridge this year. everyone who has time will be sent to cut trees.we need to get a stockpile of logs before more nomads arrive.

we have a heatwave,it finally hit 70 degrees.a high of 72.with the warm summer,we will have good food growth.yields are over 95%. fields started harvest in late summer. the bannies took over a month to harvest several fields.we lost about 10% on3 fields to frost.the smaller fields didn't help speed harvest. barn placement is more critcal with these temps.the bannies walking past a field to store in a barn does slow the harvest down. each field will need its own storage or a storage cart centered between the fields.

YEAR 9

2 carts are set to help the farmers.the laborers clear more stones.now that there are more logs,the blacksmith works to store more tools.

ouch,9 nomads arrive. we were expecting half as many.6 workers and 3 children.1 will be sent to the trade post,but we aren't ready for the others.300 linen coats will be stocked and the clothing limit dropped back down to 500.we will add a 2nd tailor to make leather coats.there is plenty of room in the boardinghouse so everyone is warm and dry.with more laborers we can gathermore food and stock materials.

pic 1:covered bridge
pic 2: after harvesting for a month.the 2 top fields are the 8x10 and 8x8,the 2 bottom are uneducated.
pic 3:outputs
pic 4:housing for the nomad group

RedKetchup

i dont have the impression you really playing my mod lol. there is this one barn that came from the map itself... what else ? oh you put a tiny pasture. that like just that about rkec.

brads3

all the food gathering,trees,and rocks are yours.the crop growth is the RK with the nordic climate. you made the start plymouth houses.the bannies planted some trees with the seedlings. still a long ways to go.

donwolfkonecny

"the plan is to send graduates to food production.un-educated nomads can expand city services"

Hmm in real life you would NOT send the educated folk to work the fields, and uneducated to run businesses, it's kinda opposite
Unless is this city communist???

brads3

true and TOM has mods to do that.i am used to the propertime mod. the game won't load parts of this mod and part from another for the citizens.TOM has tried a few different ideas that are kinda neat. the education tweaks where the farmers and some other workers aren't dependant on education is 1 of those. then you are correct the education matters to blacksmiths and higher grade prodction workers. i can only tweak the game as much as LUKE or the modders allow.

TOM  advanced the happiness to where it matters more and affects workers more. another neat change TOM did a while ago was changes alcohol to food.the bannies could make apple ale and it would be used as food. would give you like fruit juices. then the bannies didn't drink it all up.nor did it hurt the food storage. i think he switched the alcohol back when he worked on the happiness controls more.

on some things the game lets us add mod A,B,and C. on some like the citizens it reads 1 line and only lets us use the top most mod.