Main Menu

Sweet Corn, Dry Corn, & Indian Corn Crops

Started by jone1488, December 11, 2017, 09:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jone1488

Hi,

I have a crop request regarding corn.

- Sweet Corn & Indian Corn as edible vegetables

- Dry Corn as inedible which can be milled into Corn Meal (similar to flour).  Then Corn Meal can be baked into Corn Bread, Corn Muffins, Tortillas, etc...

I currently have been using CC's inedible corn so it can get milled, but that has prevented my banni's from enjoying corn on the cob saturated with butter  :(

I appreciate all the great mods.

brads3

simple solution to this dilema would be to have a greenhouse for the fresh corn and fields for the milled corn.this way maybe there could be an inedible corn and the greenhouses would give edible corn.with the greenhouse mod above all CC mods.do you have RED's fodder garden mod?i think that is the only greenhouse that has corn.i would test it and see if it will work. i have not used the inedible mods. my concern is it might turn all corn of all mods inedible.
     if using mod order can override and cause some food to be inedible and others edible,please let us know. other players may find a trick like that to be a  handy option.

taniu

As for corn - as converted into flour in mills - this is in all mods starting with mod CC - DsWilage, EBWindmill. Tjurko Mill -Tom Sawyer, RKOldBakeryHouse, Medieval Town version 2.04 -RedKetchup, KidWorkPlace v1,5 and Kid - Bakery & Garden, CC Stacked Shops and Homes - Kralyerg -e.t.c  I do not know if the corn is edible or not as flour ?
Roasted Corn - there is a mod "Christmas Mod" and as a separate mod "Xmas Mark" - Kid1293 is such a position
examples

taniu

corn - put in a greenhouse is a good idea like Barley, Sorghum, I would ask you to add some sweet potatoes  :D

jone1488

Ya'll missed the point of what was asking for.

I know their currently is mods that convert corn to flour.  I was wanting corn meal that then could be used in a bakery to create other baked goods.

As I mentioned in my original post that I using CC inedible corn mod so my banni's won't eat it before I have a chance to turn it into flour.

Corn is one of those crops depending upon when it is harvested, it can be either a vegetable or grain. Hence the request for dry corn.  Typical the corn we at as a vegetable is harvested while the kernel is still soft. Were as dry corn is harvested in the late fall early winter after kernel has harden.  I have seen dry corn harvest with a snow on the ground.  Typical if farmer has mixed crops and is raising dry corn it will be the last crop harvested because it can be left in the field longer that most of the other crops.

My opinion (which is worth less than 2 cents) grains should be inedible that they need to be processed before using.

I was hoping that some of the great modders out there might be kind enough to add a couple corn crops and addition chains to their bakeries.  Such as fish taco's.

Gatherer

And snowballs, twinkies, snickers and twix. Can't have bannies without snickers. I was thinking of setting up triple monitors anyway just for the inventory window.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Nilla

Quote from: Gatherer on January 09, 2018, 12:52:18 AM
And snowballs, twinkies, snickers and twix. Can't have bannies without snickers. I was thinking of setting up triple monitors anyway just for the inventory window.

:D ;D ;)

brads3

i can make corn flour and corn bread.problem is the game sees cornflour separate from flour,so the corn flour can not be used to make other goodies using the bakeryplus mod.CC now has made all grains interchangeable and a generic flour as output.

triangle

I liked the way anno 2070 tea & rice fields has animated garden buildings that auto sprays its crops as a very eco friendly way of doing it.

can we do it this way similar with a workplace like fishery that produces x amount of resource per amount of time with animation like grain wind mill ?

Turis

I agree with @jone1488 . Corn should be edible right off the field. Either by boiling it or as popcorn. A mod like this would be a nice companion to @triangle 's tiny indian tepees.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Turis on January 15, 2018, 02:42:20 AM
I agree with @jone1488 . Corn should be edible right off the field. Either by boiling it or as popcorn. A mod like this would be a nice companion to @triangle 's tiny indian tepees.

it is not ? corn is a vanilla crop
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Turis

Discrepancy

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 15, 2018, 02:46:39 AM
Quote from: Turis on January 15, 2018, 02:42:20 AM

it is not ? corn is a vanilla crop

Quote from: Turis on January 15, 2018, 03:44:16 AM
Whoa! Is it?

Yeah...  lol

so we want a mod that just adds another crop; an inedible grain called 'Dry Corn' to be made into 'Corn Meal' to then need buildings to process?

I would prefer to make a mod to make: another crop; an inedible grain called 'Dry Corn' to be made into 'Flour' which can be used anywhere needing flour....

haha

triangle

QuoteYa'll missed the point of what was asking for.

I know their currently is mods that convert corn to flour.  I was wanting corn meal that then could be used in a bakery to create other baked goods.

As I mentioned in my original post that I using CC inedible corn mod so my banni's won't eat it before I have a chance to turn it into flour.

I may solve that by way of using a grain grinder to mash whatever you need into whatever else it turns into.

don't get your hopes up too fast though I still need to texture it. and maybe someone else can handle the code for it.

want wheat into flour? ..done!  corn into cornmeal ..done!
enter the graingrinder 800bc for all your grinding needs.  =)

all you require is grains + 1 conan the barbarian

Turis