News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant - Sink Mill: trying for 5000, got 6000 instead

Started by irrelevant, August 15, 2014, 05:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

So here's what I'm going to be working on: Sink Mill. The goal is 5000 bannies ;)

Screen 1 - vital statistics

Screen 2 - planning I have done for my first economic region. 10 TPs and the markets that will support them. I'll leave producers, storage, and houses as details to be filled in around this framework.

One thing new I am going to try, based on a comment I read here in the past day or two (going to have to track down who's idea I am stealing), instead of clearcutting, I'm going to lay down farms. Actually I had noticed that this is very effective, as I have made a fair number of farms. But it had never occurred to me to use laying down farms as a clearing tactic.So I have a bunch of farms laid out that are not going to be farms at all. Just using them to focus clearing ground and gathering resources.

edit: oh, well of course it was @RedKetchup http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=290.0 reply #13

irrelevant

Cydnee, the eldest of five children, at age 8 is still too young for school. But she idles at the schoolhouse anyway, looking forward to classes in the fall.

irrelevant

Starting to take shape. The farm idea has worked out well.

RedKetchup

haha i am happy to have been useful to you :)

and so sweet , i see one of those range of seeds being used :) a 8291 :)

Good Luck mon très bon Ami :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Yes! In the excitement I forgot to mention that I am using one of the seeds that @RedKetchup posted yesterday in the Maps section http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=325.0

I looked at several hundred of the thumbnails, of those selected 15 that I thought looked promising (fewer stupid lakes and streams) and came down to this one. Thanks so much!  :D

irrelevant

Okay, here's the last one before bed. Just after the harvest of year 5. Have 9 families already, thanks to some effective evictions  ;)

RedKetchup

irrelevant

Me too! Lots of work first though. For me, this is the hardest part, year 5-15. Always scraping by on stone, for those first 10-15 houses, never enough to build stone instead of wood.

Meanwhile, Jennith, age ten, recently became a student; his education has begun in earnest.  :o

Seriously though, this is indicative of a serious problem I have. Sink Mill has 9 unattached females, ages 18,17,16,14,14,11,7,6,0 but only 5 unattached males ages 10,8,6,2,2. Going to be a problem, unless I get some nomads. Finally have enough stone for a town hall. I was going to build a second TP first, but I think getting the first batch of nomads sooner rather than later is more important at this point.

On the bright side, it reduces some of the pressure to build more houses!  ::)

RedKetchup

woot , Jennith is surely soooo happy :)

the males surely happy too ^^ double females for everyone ! ^^

irrelevant

Always look on the bright side, eh? ;D

Seriously though, this population imbalance has allowed me to figure out what "families" means on the town hall statistics panel. At least I think I have.

Mine shows that I have 14 families. When I go through and count noses, I have 11 "married" couples. That means that there are three more "families" somewhere. In my case, these could only be the three unattached female adults, two age 20 and one age 19. The unattached males cannot possibly figure into this, they are 12,11,8,5,5.

So, "families" = married couples + unattached female adults

RedKetchup

go for it ! an adult female will always take a young guy student, and will even start to get babies with him :)

your 2 female of 20 will take your 12 and 11 Young student, and asap the 8 years boy get to 10 , the 19 female will take him \!/

irrelevant

Yes , I suppose the 12y/o and the 11y/o would pair up, but the 8y/o?

squick :o

Still, I need babies, so....

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

almost same with opposite gender, an adult boy will always take a female student, but, in that situation, the female wont start to get babies till she leave school, but she will be promised to a man :) and she will start to make that baby the night of her graduations ^^

irrelevant

Well I've got enough resource to build two more houses, so...