News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Is Vanilla your taste?

Started by kid1293, July 13, 2018, 09:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goblin Girl

I'm late to the party but I also love these! 

Two things I would request:1. That your small smith also make wool, hide, and linen coats from flax, sort of a combo between your forest house workshop and your Plimoth Plantation workshop. 
2. A Dairy that matches the vanilla wood/thatch textures.  I wouldn't mind it if up to three workers could be assigned, but if you think it would be best with a lower number I could live with that.

rkelly17

I like the two story houses. Is it two separate houses for two families or one bigger house for one large family? The three story looks a bit top-heavy to my eye, though it might work in the slum of a city if you had as street full of them. Red's three story Medieval houses could be the nice neighborhood and these could be the not-so-nice neighborhood. I also like the hostel in both wood and stone. This is very nit-picky, but a sign out over the door would really give them the look of a country inn.

Abandoned

@Goblin Girl the smith makes vanilla iron and steel tools, the tailor makes vanilla hide coats, wool coats, and warm coats.  Kid is adding his animal sheds to Old Town. They look great with wood and thatch textures.

@rkelly17 the stacked houses have families on each level, you chose to build 1, 2, or 3 levels.  They are intended for worker housing.

Kimbolton

I really like this idea Kid. The boarding house looks great and those stackable houses are truly awesome (and thanks for making them wall to wall), can't wait to try them in game. :)

kid1293

Ithought I posted a picture...
Well, here they are side by side.

elemental

Nice.

The boarding house model could also work a large family house. Would anyone want a house for 10 or 12 (or more) people? Some folks got very busy back in those times.

LadyMarmalade

I am loving the look of ALL your new buildings and can't wait to have them in my game :)
I am not a Gamer because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many.

Goblin Girl

Quote from: LadyMarmalade on July 14, 2018, 03:45:36 PM
I am loving the look of ALL your new buildings and can't wait to have them in my game :)
I rarely see houses for 7 fill up. Heck, I rarely see houses for six fill up. 

elemental

Ageing mods can give you full houses.

Goblin Girl

I tried an aging mod once a few years ago.  After a few hours I decided it wasn't for me, and I've never tried again.

elemental

They certainly don't suit everyone. I like a slow game, so I like ageing mods.

galensgranny

Quote from: elemental on July 14, 2018, 03:38:20 PM
Nice.

The boarding house model could also work a large family house. Would anyone want a house for 10 or 12 (or more) people? Some folks got very busy back in those times.
I would want a house that looks like the boarding house, maybe a bit smaller, and not for 12 people.  @kid1293 , would you consider doing a different look house aside from the stacked house?  Maybe just retexture some house you already made, such as your Nordic Houses, or maybe just one of them. (http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=103)

kid1293

@galensgranny
I already did two shacks with thatch roof.
Check first post in thread.

galensgranny

Oh, yes, I saw those shacks before, but forgot.  How many people can they have?

kid1293

Hi!
Shacks can have 4 people
Cabins can have 3
Boarding House 4 families of 4