News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Simple Modding attempt [advice and feedback please]

Started by JusticePrevails, June 09, 2018, 12:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

between test i suggest you to take the habit to delete the folder \mytestmod\Bin\ between each changes to make sure you updated everything in your mod and start to compile from 0. if you let the \bin\ folder there it will only make partial update to it and sometimes it leads to bad things.

i personally use DOS commands in my .bat to automatically delete it before each compile, but i am not suggesting you yet till you will be experimented.

about next mod... bah you need to go with what you would like to have as mod... you need to keep yourself interested :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

JusticePrevails

hmm, well for my own personal use I like pushing the limits of play-ability.  I like trying to feed a hoard of people at once and wondering how to house them all.  So harder scenarios, more people with fewer resources.  That kind of thing.

Also got a strange error.  Doing the exact same thing as the first mod, but when I compiled the pkm it gave me a 'testmodResources.rcs' doesn't exist.  Would you mind having a look and seeing one more time where I've gone wrong? 

RedKetchup

in your testmodResources.rsc file you are calling :

"Template/Citizen.rsc",

but when we check your \Template\ folder it contains : StoneHouse.rsc

or it is the wrong file in there.... or you need to change the call :

"Template/StoneHouse.rsc",

JusticePrevails

*head desk*
Thank you.  I swear I probably looked at the code a dozen times and still didn't see it.
Anyway after this I think I'll play some with scenarios.  Like I said, I enjoy making my bannies really work and struggle for their new life.

RedKetchup

Quote from: JusticePrevails on June 10, 2018, 09:12:17 PM
*head desk*
Thank you.  I swear I probably looked at the code a dozen times and still didn't see it.
Anyway after this I think I'll play some with scenarios.  Like I said, I enjoy making my bannies really work and struggle for their new life.

have fun :)

reminder: get yourself time to learn. Paris hasnt been made in one day :)

JusticePrevails

I will thank you.  Right now I'm just testing what I have and writing down ideas for later.  I figure the more fleshed out the idea is, the more likely I am to want to return to it once I've finished the testing process for the first two mods.  Thanks again and you have a great day and happy modding.

RedKetchup