News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Nilla-testing RK Editor Choice beta 08 -09-10-11

Started by Nilla, February 05, 2018, 12:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

wait wut ???

how comes you have such "squash" ??? i think it should be radishes or turnips !!!!!

i need to go check the stringtable to see is a bug from my side....

edit : in the string table all is normal :
      { String _name = "Radish";            String _text = "Radish"; }
      { String _name = "SeedRadish";            String _text = "Radish Seeds"; }
      { String _name = "Turnip";            String _text = "Turnip"; }
      { String _name = "SeedTurnip";            String _text = "Turnip Seeds"; }

edit2: all in my files are ok and normal ???

question: Can happended you selected radish (ou turnip) for the crop and realized that wasnt the good one you want and the citizens executed your initial demand ??
the next year crop is it still same ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

oh and about the orchards, i didnt "tweaked" the temperature numbers yet, i still missing some i want....

about honey, but it is alot less productive than the Luke's Apiary (3000-3500 /year with all flags)
you can do mead with it , no ?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 08, 2018, 10:14:55 AM
about honey, but it is alot less productive than the Luke's Apiary (3000-3500 /year with all flags)

English people probably know it as a jack of all trades device. Where I come from it's called "egg laying wool-milk sow"  ;D

Turis

Weird that an animal which lays eggs, also lactates milk. Well, mammals basically lays eggs inside the ovaries. Did I spell it right?

Nilla

I don't have any idea what made the squash look like that. They harvested weird looking squash that year. I checked again, it was actually squash i the menu. Next year it looked like normal squash. I do change crops and there are turnips in my store, so I must have changed from turnips to squash in a special moment or something. I have tried to trigger this again, without success. So it's not a common thing.

But now I've found weird looking mango! The Mango trees produce lemon. There's no influence from any lemon trees (I got that seed later than the mango) I also made a second mango orchard, same result: lemon.

I don't know if this is intentional, if you just forgot or if I just haven't found the right building. The tailor can't make any fur coats. It's not a large product but now it has to be exported.

I partly ran the game 5x speed yesterday, that's not so good, because I wanted to look at the output from 3 hunters in the cabin and mostly forgot it. The few times I remembered to look, it didn't look much different from 1 hunter.

First picture

Lemonmango. I cut the menus in a picture from spring. It's easier to see, that's no lemon tree.

I was a bit short on logs to this point, but now I've built another forester and also bought some logs, so we manage.

Second picture

One of my favourite houses. I've tried some different models, but kept the upper parts in classic white, to give it a more unified look.

Third picture

More lemonmango. Now in the tropical part of this village. Soon there will also be a small date plantation! :)  :-\

You can see the content in my stores. it's a wonder, that they are so healthy, considering all that cake! ;)

Fourth picture

Just a few menus from the 3 hunters. They don't look much different from the 1.

The settlement now has 300 inhabitants. Nice and prosperous.

Nilla

Here we go again. I haven't given this game up, neither am I tired of the comments from @Turis. Not at all! :)

I played a little again yesterday and have a few comments and suggestions. I'll tell to the pictures.

First picture

I don't like the tweaked crops. Look at the fields, red marked. It's late summer and they are already all fully harvested. The harvest of orchards haven't even started. I have the "suggested" numbers of farmers, 2 on most of these fields. This is boring. You don't have to put any effort on good locations of barns and houses. It will always be 100% (except when it's late frost in spring).

Second picture

I will again quote @brads3: the Bannis have a mind of their own. Why don't they use these stockpiles for materials close to the pits for clay and sand? (blue marked) There's a lot of clay on the general stockpiles far away (red).

Third picture

This merchant bring a lot of jewelery. I think it's possible to exclude products from merchants. I find these "export only goods" ought to be taken away. No one would buy them anyway.

Fourth picture

Just a small impression from a few old favourites. I don't know how many of those 3 store houses I've built. This shouldn't happen!  >:( :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I find it too fast and easy to build this big church. But since you want it that way, @RedKetchup; OK! I accept your arguments.

(PS, this entry took a long time. I started this morning, but had to watch Olympic ski cross country in between. We have another gold medal!)  :) :) :)

brads3

i think the clay in the piles close is being used as fast as you put clay in there.the other pile could have been stocked before the brickmaker was built,carried by laborers,or even dropped when the workers went to get something to eat or herbs.this is normal. if you have merkets it would be less noticeable since then everything can be moved around more.

Hawk

Quote from: Nilla on February 13, 2018, 05:06:29 AM
This merchant bring a lot of jewelery. I think it's possible to exclude products from merchants. I find these "export only goods" ought to be taken away. No one would buy them anyway.

I kind of agree with this. I think the jewelry should be export only. I've never bought any, but I have sold a lot.  :)

Quote from: Nilla on February 13, 2018, 05:06:29 AM
Just a small impression from a few old favourites. I don't know how many of those 3 store houses I've built. This shouldn't happen!  >:( :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I've never had that happen. It does take a little patience when building those 3-story houses.  ;) :)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

i can take off the jewelry to sell from merchant
keep in mind, the other cities served with those merchant need also to sell them. thats their bread and butter :P

can you tell me the name of those crops ? i can add a degre or 2 harder

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 13, 2018, 08:17:48 AM
i can take off the jewelry to sell from merchant
keep in mind, the other cities served with those merchant need also to sell them. thats their bread and butter :P

can you tell me the name of those crops ? i can add a degre or 2 harder

......and perfumes...... The merchants aren't stupid. They know that they don't need to offer jewels and perfume in this village. They keep them for the next.

I think all crops are "tweaked", even the vanilla. I just made some screenshots from all crops I have. I made a new field for the radish, just to be able to grow them all. The radish behave a bit different than the others. I think that field was planted late, just because it was new.

I find, that all crops grow too fast. It´s not bad, that some crops can be harvested early, but not like this and not all.

I'll show you 4 pictures.

1. Late spring. Most crops have grown a lot already.
2. Early summer. The harvest have already begun for some crops.
3. Summer. Some fields are already totally harvested.
4. Late summer. All fields except the radish and the bad located rye are done.

It's a warm nice summer, but it looks similar every year, unless there is a cold spring and some crop freezes. In that case it will never reach 100% and the harvest doesn't start earlier on those fields. I just had such a year.

RedKetchup

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 13, 2018, 11:47:45 AM
what is your weather condition start ?

fair

Nilla

I played one more year with the crops menu open. This was a very hot summer. Some crops "reacted better"; they stopped growing when it was hot. This time it was a larger difference. Like the year before, some crops were done in early summer, others took longer to grow and didn't start the harvest until late summer. Even the last; barely was done in early autumn.

Of cause it might be the climate and not the crops that are changed from vanilla. The springs seem to be warm. Anyway it's very easy to farm. I have never seen any crop freeze on the fields in the autumn. In a vanilla game this always happens from time to time.

It also look like some orchards are immortal (or very long living) some are not. I don't know if this is intentional. If you look at the early summer picture above, in may last entry, there are two small orchards next to the diary. Both planted to the same time. One (orange) have renewed trees, the other (grapefruit) all still live. The palm trees also seem to live "for ever".

First picture

Harvest in a hot summer.

Second picture

Look at the content in the barn. Would you like to eat that cake or that cheese? Do you think, that these flowers are good for perfume making? I don't understand, why that barn contains any fertilizer. I've marked it red on the small map. The stables are marked blue. Far away!

This is one thing, that disturbs me: fertilizer in the ordinary barns. Where I come from this "natural fertilizer" is never stored inside buildings, together with food, clothing and other things. We had manure piles outside the stables. The Bannis seem to fancy dung; carrying it around to more or less every barn. So maybe they don´t mind. ::) I would prefere a manure pile; working like a specialized barn, to build close to the stable. That way you could exclude fertilizer from the ordinary barns.

This is an easy game. You can see how few of my people actually have professions. I produce everything myself. On few occasions I have bought some logs.

Third picture

You can use 4 priests in the big church. I can't see any difference between 1 or 4. Is there anything I haven't discovered?

Fourth picture

Winter impression from my tropical part of the village.

RedKetchup

like i said , i didnt specifically edited the orchards, it is possible there are some weird numbers to the life of the trees there.

crops: probably the base main temp of the crops are way too low so if your temp is a cold summer, maybe they will produce more and stop growing if it become an hot summer. this is why i asked you the temp climate setting of your map, which i still didnt saw your comment.

i know fertilizer is kinda weird to store in barns... i need to find another flag to put them, a flag that is stored in stockpile.
and being stored in stockpile, it would need 3 more new graphics associated to it, a low, med, high pile of buckets to meet the requirement to be shown up in a stockpile.

the big church use same effect as the old universities made... you will need to fill all 4  jobs before adding another new church on the map.

tropical trees. there is no way to tell the game : this map they are not IN and this map they are IN. so you cant control if you can get the seeds or not.
now, the fact i ve let the leaves live through winter or not : yes i ve let the leaves stay all year long cause in a desert map, with hot temp, seeing them lose leaves in winter because the game associate the "lose leaves" with "months" instead of "temperature" make them look very weird in an bermuda/californian climate without leaves... alot more weird than seeing them with leaves in the snow.

Nilla

I did answer about the climate, yesterday in that extra very small entry.
Quote from: Nilla on February 13, 2018, 01:58:04 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on February 13, 2018, 11:47:45 AM
what is your weather condition start ?

fair

Couldn't it be easier to make a special manure pile, like a barn. You wouldn't need to see any bucket of dung. I would like the fertilizer to be stored alone, with nothing else, not even on stockpiles together with firewood and building materials.

It's good that the palm trees don't lose their leaves. It doesn't disturbs me that they are in the game, not at all. Normally I wouldn't have grown any on such a map. But very nice on a desert map. But this is a test, so I grow palmtrees in the snow. But as I said, they seem immortal, like some other trees. I'm not sure, if this is bad or good. I only want to tell.