Yes, I wandered here and changed name.

Nomad/Kid

... and welcome aboard!

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

galensgranny

Quote from: oldgraywolf on February 26, 2018, 02:46:59 PM
Hi everyone, new to the forum and looking around. I've only recently (last weekend) discovered the game thanks to a friend, and have really enjoyed it, so I thought I would try to expand my horizons and gameplay a bit by trying out a few mods to see what can be done. My friend uses the Colonial Charter mod and I find that to be a little overwhelming at the moment. So I thought I'd look around and try a few simple additions to get a feel for what is offered.
Thanks and I'll try to keep the dumb questions to a minimum. :-X

Welcome @oldgraywolf . :)   Don't worry about thinking any question might be "dumb".

When I started the game was maybe 2 years old, I think.   I found this wonderful forum with active modders who are very talented and it is the best thing ever if one is playing Banished!

There are so many mods now and some change the game play. For example, some make the iron on the ground turn to iron ore, and then you need to add a smelter that someone made in order to have iron made.  To avoid that, on the BlackLiquid forum (where you get CC) there is an "Iron is Iron" mod so you don't need to smelt iron ore.  I just started trying out smelting iron and it isn't so bad, but at first I didn't like that change some mods made, since I just wanted to play quickly to learn how better to play the game.

A good starting mod for me was kid1293's Forest Outpost Mod at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=202.   It adds some nice log cabins to put near the hunter, gatherers and forester.

One thing I didn't know for a while was that with Kid's mods, he also adds a stringtable.rsc file but we don't add that to our games.  It is for modders to use to make translations.

galensgranny

Quote from: Paegin on February 26, 2018, 03:13:43 PM
Hello. Not new to Banished, been playing awhile, but just found this forum. I have a lot of older mods from https://banishedinfo.com/, so I will be checking out the 1.07 mods. Seems like lots of good stuff here! BTW, is Nomad now Kid? Have a lot of Nomad's stuff.

Yes indeed, @Paegin , there are lots of good mods here!  Better than good, I would say they are fabulous!   :)   Welcome to the forum.

oldgraywolf

Quote from: galensgranny on February 27, 2018, 11:06:17 AM
Quote from: oldgraywolf on February 26, 2018, 02:46:59 PM
Hi everyone, new to the forum and looking around. I've only recently (last weekend) discovered the game thanks to a friend, and have really enjoyed it, so I thought I would try to expand my horizons and gameplay a bit by trying out a few mods to see what can be done. My friend uses the Colonial Charter mod and I find that to be a little overwhelming at the moment. So I thought I'd look around and try a few simple additions to get a feel for what is offered.
Thanks and I'll try to keep the dumb questions to a minimum. :-X

Welcome @oldgraywolf . :)   Don't worry about thinking any question might be "dumb".

When I started the game was maybe 2 years old, I think.   I found this wonderful forum with active modders who are very talented and it is the best thing ever if one is playing Banished!

There are so many mods now and some change the game play. For example, some make the iron on the ground turn to iron ore, and then you need to add a smelter that someone made in order to have iron made.  To avoid that, on the BlackLiquid forum (where you get CC) there is an "Iron is Iron" mod so you don't need to smelt iron ore.  I just started trying out smelting iron and it isn't so bad, but at first I didn't like that change some mods made, since I just wanted to play quickly to learn how better to play the game.

A good starting mod for me was kid1293's Forest Outpost Mod at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=202.   It adds some nice log cabins to put near the hunter, gatherers and forester.

One thing I didn't know for a while was that with Kid's mods, he also adds a stringtable.rsc file but we don't add that to our games.  It is for modders to use to make translations.
Well, thanks for the tips and info. Appreciated. I've been trying to read a little each night so I can learn before I jump into the mods, but I have found several I plan on trying soon. ;D
I never lose. I either win or I learn.

flusteredduck

Hi all.

I'm just starting out in the Banished world and am still playing the plain vanilla version with some mods but am looking forward to exploring more. I found this site while looking for some specific mods. Haven't found the mods yet - but have found how to make my own (which I am not going to be doing any time soon as the uni semester is about to start here and I'm heading back to study). I've been so excited to find mods!

flusteredduck

Nilla

Welcome @flusteredduck.

If you ask more specifically, which mods you are looking for, someone here might help you to find them. There are some real good "mod experts" hanging around on this web site.

RedKetchup

VXL

Hello everyone,

First of all a big thank you to all modders. You are making a wonderful job in making Banished enjoyable after all these years and I am very grateful for your hard work and creativity.

I've been playing Banished on and off for quite some time and in my opinion it's one of the best city builders because it is actually challenging. Lately I found myself in need of a change and started to mod it like crazy. I'm having a hard time to make it work with MM8 in addition of all the great mods I can't play without, and all the newish mods I want to try, but the load order is also part of the challenge.  :P

I'm from sunny French Riviera so please bare with me if my English is not the best.  :-[

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

River

Hello. I am from California. I love Banished! I am looking forward to trying all the mods!
REMEMBER: In games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Banished, etc, there IS NO WRONG WAY TO PLAY!!

RedKetchup

BlueFireChelle

Hello all,
I actually joined this forum last year, and have read through so many old threads and downloaded mods and gotten all kinds of inspiration, but I've never actually said "hello". So, if you'll forgive my lack of manners, I'm finally introducing myself. ;)

I've been playing Banished for well over a year. Started in vanilla, found Colonial Charter (wow!), but now play with a whole hodge-podge of Kid's mods, Gothic Fantasy, Proper Time etc etc. I love setting little challenges for myself in-game. In my current world (named 'Refugia') I immediately built Kid's Forest Lamp-Post, and I HAVE to accept all arriving nomads. It's starting to get tricky!!
I'd love to play some challenges with others. I know the Challenges part of the forum isn't very busy, but if anyone is up for a themed game then I'd be keen.

Last week I ordered parts for a new PC (I currently play on a rather average laptop). And once I get that running I plan to install Blender and start playing around with making my own 3D models :)   A huge thanks to everyone here who has put a lot of effort into posting tutorials and sharing their work. I've really appreciated it, even if I've never logged in to say thanks.

cheers!
Chelle.

RedKetchup

hey !! Hello !!

welcome to World of Banished ! (even if you are here since a year ^^)

you just made the best decision :D and if you have any question, many of us can help you out.