News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Forest Outpost V2 fixed

Started by kid1293, February 19, 2017, 05:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

After a few days AFK (and a couple more to come), I see welcomed updates & bug squishes :)

Excellent work @kid1293 I quite enjoy the prospect of muddling around in all the updates, will keep me busy, life's good when there are more new releases than time to sit and ponder them :D

Quote from: kid1293 on May 11, 2017, 02:12:33 PM
{snip}

Workshop stone - fixed. Will upload later at Nexus. The upload here is all wrong for me. 4-5 MB, not more.
~~~
~~~
Market Puzzle - will be fixed. I have been AO-mapping other stuff all day and can't say when I will start with market puzzle.
Wild West Boarding House - Can't say if that will happen. Shoot me.

-- Will check on the Workshop update :)
-- I haven't had any problems with the Market Puzzle @kid1293 or @brads3 I run the full Banished 1.07 Beta and haven't had any issues with them - I use the bits and pieces around my map, and they fill just as they need to.  But, if someone is having issues, I can't speak for them.
-- Boarding house ...  interesting, but I have found in the interim, @Necora forest one fits in well, with the wooden theme and colours, I use the 2 mods together happily.  (Not to say I don't want one Kid, just that I have a work around :D )

Quote from: kid1293 on May 11, 2017, 02:30:53 PM
Shall I put @brads3 in jail?  ;D
for finding errors. (tempting)
Quote from: kid1293 on May 11, 2017, 02:58:02 PM
Quote from: Abandoned on May 11, 2017, 02:55:25 PM
The pages of 1.0.7 downloads is overwhelming.  I don't know how I will ever catch up.

:) It's not a dying game...
Quote from: kid1293 on May 11, 2017, 03:21:21 PM
@Abandoned - We all love you!
That's why we pick on you...  ;)

Fix for Workshop is uploaded on Nexus.
Also on Nexus - test newly AO-mapped Colonial Houses/Resources.
http://www.nexusmods.com/banished/mods/62/?

BTW - the promised derelict fence is in Deco Pack V2

-- "Shall I put @brads3 in jail?  ;D ", Motion Seconded :)
-- " :) It's not a dying game..."  Never was in any danger whilst modders are modding, and gamers are gaming.  Each mod gives it an exponential shelf life increase :)  It will ebb & flow of course, ...  Now, let's not comment about it being Abandonware like it was for a time by the developer ...  ;)
--  "Fix for Workshop is uploaded on Nexus." & "BTW - the promised derelict fence is in Deco Pack V2"  Excellent :)  Thank you very much :)

Quote from: kid1293 on May 12, 2017, 09:37:28 AM
I don't want to be rude, but maybe 'domesticated/tame' bugs?

Thanks @Turis , I had to be reminded of the fact that I released
something for your scrutiny ( right word? ).
There are always things to change and I also welcome bugs, because
that means the forest is alive. :)

The Forest is very much alive :)  Woot, Woot!!
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

QueryEverything

Oh before I forget, talking excitedly about the new fences for the Workplace mod @kid1293 had you had any thoughts on also adding a single & double gate to match, I previously uploaded a screenshot, but, haha, so long ago now, so here's a a copy of it, in case you're thinking about the little X gates.

I've used the ones from CC or MM in this screenshot, but would really like to have ones from you to match your fences already - and it's ok to say No.  :)  I have work arounds. :D

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

kid1293

I wasn't - but now I'm thinking of X gates. :)

I have to put it last in line or else I will never complete my updates.
If I stray too much, remind me. :)

QueryEverything

Quote from: kid1293 on May 13, 2017, 12:29:06 AM
I wasn't - but now I'm thinking of X gates. :)

I have to put it last in line or else I will never complete my updates.
If I stray too much, remind me. :)

When I remember to poke you @kid1293 I will :)   No rush on these, I don't mind using other's gates, but I'm thinking of other players who may not have access to X gates.  I'm all about the others :D  ;)

QueryEverything

@kid1293 may I add something to the list please?

--  A mirror image of the 'Diagonal' houses, so we have 1 facing in left, 1 facing in right
I have managed to achieve this by putting the house on the right to a 90o angle, but then they don't all line up neatly.

Essentially when the left & right are placed, they point in, like forming a House shaped 'V' :)

I know you are over logs, but would you have to rebuild them?  Either mirror or rotate 180 in Blender?? 

*promises to not add too many things - I'm on my first full play through with this latest updated version :D

kid1293

Quote from: QueryEverything on May 13, 2017, 10:13:34 AM
@kid1293 may I add something to the list please?

--  A mirror image of the 'Diagonal' houses, so we have 1 facing in left, 1 facing in right
I have managed to achieve this by putting the house on the right to a 90o angle, but then they don't all line up neatly.

Hmm, I see your point, but everything does not have to be so neat.
Even further down the list. :)

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on May 13, 2017, 10:40:56 AMbut everything does not have to be so neat.

:D
As one of my profs used to say (ages ago) -

Symmetry is the Enemy of Art

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

kid1293

Thanks! A real good statement!

QueryEverything

Quote from: kid1293 on May 13, 2017, 10:40:56 AM
Hmm, I see your point, but everything does not have to be so neat.
Even further down the list. :)

Not even top 5 ;)  And you & @Paeng are right, but art is beauty & beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and when the beholder is a Town Planner with a hot thing for symmetry ...  lololol ...  (Mild OCD growing up, now it's a little bit more *coughALot* than Mild ;) )

Sadly abstract art was my 'jam', until the OCD, now it's all lines and squares.  :(  *sadness

In other fun news - that poster is rocking, very City Lane ;)  vibrant colours :D

Forgot to say - I'm happy to keep those existing houses in, I like them :D  (hence me using them, haha), but it's an addition, not replacement I was hoping for.
Should've made that a bit clearer, lol.  :D 

ancientmuse

I'm OCD....

Symmetry is everything, dammit !!

.... diagonal houses, flowers on one side and not the other, abstract art, pffft. 

What's this world coming to for crying out loud ?!

Won't somebody think of the children ?!

:o

galensgranny

Kid, the church for this set is one of the most beautiful buildings made so far!  :-* It is too beautiful to be hidden in the forest, so I have in my town. 

But, it's lonely there with other buildings not going with it.  I would like a small town hall to match it.  Maybe the rounded (hexagonal?) part could be what the town hall would look like, small like the town hall in the Stone Addon set is small.  A golden topper of some sort would be nice on the town hall, but could be left off.   

Being as I want to use this also in town, some larger, squareish houses are my desire as well.  A 4x4 two story, with some other roof material, not only thatch.  But, also that would be good in a forest town for some styles of play.

That church is just so outstandingly good looking, it needs very much more going with it, in my opinion.  I hope you will feel like doing more for this set.  Or maybe as part of a "extra buildings to coordinate with various sets" kind of thing.  (I have more ideas based on your work from other sets.)

I can't get over how attractive that church is!  Why aren't other people going nuts over it? 

(I play more for looks than other elements of game play.)

Abandoned

@galensgranny that church is indeed beautiful and unique, that's why it stands out. I especially like the roof color.  If surrounded by like buildings it would fade in.  I agree though that a small town hall to match would be nice. @kid1293 mods are very versatile and blend well together to mix and match.   :)

galensgranny

Abandoned, I wasn't meaning for all buildings to look the same.  But, I am not adverse to that either.  The church shape would be different, along with it's gold topper making it different.  I like the type of wooden walls used, so some two storey looking squarish homes with that same wood for walls would be good for my preferences.

I also especially like the turquoise roof color on the church.

gatinho65

I just needed to say how much I love this mod set! Incredibly useful, I can hardly think about playing without it now. I love the diagonals as anything that allows me to escape the grid is already a fave. And with your wonderful deco covers, I can place a small covering over those small workplaces so I don't lose them among the trees lol, which did happen when I built them and forgot to really make sure I knew where they were.

Since you incorporated a lot of the NatDiv work, do you know if it would be possible to add another small building that does the planting and harvesting of thatch? I love the meadow produced but the thatching building in the menu bar is very large and the radius is quite small, I wish the building was half the size and had half again the radius lol.

kid1293

@gatinho65 - I am so sorry to tell that I do not have the resources for that.
Bartender is not here and I can not get to his thatch models.
I love that mod too.