News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Patch 1.0.4

Started by Wood Cutter, August 29, 2014, 07:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wood Cutter

I have an issue that I don't know whether is a one off or is experienced by others.
I downloaded and installed the Patch and everything is fine. I downloaded a few mods and installed in the win data folder and started the program. Activated the mods on the opening screen and started a new game. All mods appeared as per schedule. I played a short while and then saved and exited the game. I discovered some new mods, installed and duly started the game and activated the mods on the opening screen as I did with previous mods. I opened the saved game and the new mods did not appear. By exiting and starting a new game the new mods appeared. I certainly wouldn't have thought that you would not have to start a new game after adding extra mods. Is there an answer to this please?? A way in which I have found seems to allow you to activate a mod in a saved game state is to open the mods menu in game and activate it from there. The only problem is the message "Reloading with different mods in a game already in progress may have undesirable effects such as unexpected behaviour or crashes".

irrelevant

Well, I don't know much about the mods for Banished, but I've played many games in which existing saves were not compatible with new mods that were not in use when the game was started.

slink

I've added mods in Banished to a saved game, through the menu.  It reloaded the saved game after loading the new mods.  If you already have an added building in the game and you delete the mod without deleting the building first, I'm sure the game will crash when you load the saved game.

Wood Cutter

I've never had the game crash or had any thing else happen yet by activating the mod in game so until something does I will soldier on. The modding will certainly put a new dimension on the game