News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

What to do with the chicken feathers waste!

Started by taniu, March 21, 2017, 03:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taniu

@ Bartender - I've been working on so far concerning the Herbiversity.I was thinking what could be done with chicken feathers. I read an article about it, states, a brief quote."feather contains kreatenine, where it is used for the manufacture of bandages, dressings that heal burns, cosmetics, etc.,New product by adding chicken feathers get bandages for burns, ointments combined with different herbs, medicinal oils, or perfume . Maybe paper.
quotation "66% of chicken feathers are added to cellulose"examples; flax + feathers = bandages,feathers + herb =[ ointment],oil medicinal = oil + feathers . Feather contains protein and keratin = Perfume creams +feathers +Fragrant flowers rose jasmine chamomile. Because  annoying are those chicken feathers,in barn.
To this idea add new buildings like a cosmetics factory paper factory or a pharmacy with herbs - [add tea herbal] . The second idea  coke fuel =[feathers +fertilizer or fodder]Hen feathers are also high energy material. Burn feathors to save wood
Other suggestions - What to do with the chicken feathers waste!

purringcat

Use them in the Greenhouses

WIKI
Feather meal is a byproduct of processing poultry; it is made from poultry feathers by partially grinding them under elevated heat and pressure, and then grinding and drying. Although total nitrogen levels are fairly high (up to 12%), the bioavailability of this nitrogen may be low. Feather meal is used in formulated animal feed and in organic fertilizer.

RedKetchup

feathers is simple : the number are way too high and should be lowered by 75%.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Aren´t there any landfills in Banished?  :-\

Sorry, bad idea.  :-[As you might understand, I´m no fan of feathers . Reds suggestion is good, but 90% would be better!  ;D

adelegarland

How about using them for clothing, as decorations to make fancy clothes, maybe worth more than the regular stuff.....
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

brads3

i forget that some have never played CC. there is bedding and the dock set has survival coats which is reeds and feathers.there is also a greenhouse that uses bonemeal. even so we get too many feathers.the survival coats are handy if you don't have leather and for trades. to "dump" the feathers you can send them to the trader and trade them at 0. this will free up your storage inventory.

elemental

Yes, bedding. Or just trade them. Buy yourself some nice food or something.

Paeng

Quote from: elemental on March 23, 2017, 01:37:02 PMOr just trade them. Buy yourself some nice food or something.

Indeed... I'm super happy when I can trade a boatload of feathers for whole bunch of steel tools...   :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

elemental

Paeng

Quote from: elemental on March 23, 2017, 04:25:20 PMThat's a lot of feathers!

Yeah! I never really followed the chains that are responsible --I guess a lot of chicken farms, duck hunting and such--, but I had towns where at some point I had accumulated 15, 20.000 feathers...  ???

That's a 1.000 steel tools right there, and a nice break for the iron- and tool makers  :D

purringcat

They are usable in clothing now... cloth and feathers= down coat or something like that.   Since they are used for animal feed in RL, wish they would work in the greenhouses.    ::)

Paeng

Quote from: purringcat on March 24, 2017, 08:40:11 AMThey are usable in clothing now... cloth and feathers= down coat or something like that.

That sounds interesting... though I must admit I hate to make cloth, it seems so sluggish, compared to leather and wool... the only cloth chain I like is Tani's flax and weavers - does that work with 107?

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

TheOtherMicheal

Quote from: Paeng on March 24, 2017, 04:06:27 PM
Quote from: purringcat on March 24, 2017, 08:40:11 AMThey are usable in clothing now... cloth and feathers= down coat or something like that.

That sounds interesting... though I must admit I hate to make cloth, it seems so sluggish, compared to leather and wool... the only cloth chain I like is Tani's flax and weavers - does that work with 107?

I'm using 1.0.7 as well as Cc 1.74 and I've had no problems with Tany's flax mod working with them. I typically use her mod at the beginning of a settlement because it takes some pressure off the tailors making hide coats.

Paeng

Quote from: TheOtherMicheal on March 25, 2017, 03:18:10 AMI'm using 1.0.7 as well as Cc 1.74 and I've had no problems with Tany's flax mod working with them.

Cool, I'll put it back in then. Thanks!  :)