News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant: Gopher Prairie: extreme tenure, 10,000 years

Started by irrelevant, December 23, 2014, 06:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Year 3137

Still have got the two-phase sine wave, but it still is less extreme. Just had my first die-off of professionals in 100 years, lost 35. Very moderate compared with the past, oh I don't know, 300-500 years.

I'm still believing that health has an effect. If it shortens life, it wouldn't have to be by much, even a couple of years would make a difference in a town this size I think.

Or it might be something else that health effects. If it reduced the chance of getting a baby even slightly, that could explain this as well.

Getting ready to switch the wheat farms over to beans. That will free me up some farmers (21 as it turned out), as many of my wheat fields have 2 farmers, but almost none of the bean fields do. 

Trying something else new, up til now I have had basically the same stock in trade at every TP, 3500 firewood, 3500 ale, 2000 mushroom, and 500 leather. I'm going to make some specialized TPs. Two will have 9990 mushrooms, 2000 firewood, 1000 ale, and 800 leather. One has 2000 leather, 2000 firewood, and 1000 ale. Trying to work out a way to unload the mushrooms and leather without resorting to manual trading every time I sit at the game. That stuff just never gets used and it piles up.

smurphys7

Getting there!  Good work.

Is it possible to increase the size of any of your chards?

irrelevant

Quote from: smurphys7 on March 14, 2018, 05:38:37 PM
Getting there!  Good work.

Is it possible to increase the size of any of your chards?
No, can't really change the size of anything, it is all pretty much locked in. Plus, in vanilla, 15x4 is the optimal use of size for yield.

irrelevant

Got 70,000 wheat in storage and 30,000 in homes. It will take some time to get rid of all that.

smurphys7

I think you are at the point where you care more about per worker than per land square.  15x7 and 15x10 are both do-able orchard sizes by a single worker in vanilla.  But you are also limited by what you already have laid out.  Changing things would take forever and may not be possible.

irrelevant

Quote from: smurphys7 on March 14, 2018, 06:03:08 PM
I think you are at the point where you care more about per worker than per land square.  15x7 and 15x10 are both do-able orchard sizes by a single worker in vanilla.  But you are also limited by what you already have laid out.  Changing things would take forever and may not be possible.
I've never had much luck with orchards. I'm growing peaches because I need them for the breweries. But even with 15x4 I find that yields suffer tremendously when I cut from two farmers to one.

irrelevant

Damn! Even with 1000 ale, 1000 firewood, 500 leather and 8500 mushrooms in the TP, it trades away everything else to the General Goods merchant and leaves all the mushrooms behind. :o >:( :(

Going down to 500 ale and 400 leather.

Same thing with the leather. 2000 leather, 1000 ale, 1000 firewood, trades away the ale and the firewood, leaves the leather untouched.

irrelevant

I just noticed, ten years or so prior to the previous high peak and low trough where I lost 35 professionals, health spiked back to 5 hearts for a few years. I had full health due to complete diet without herbs. I'm just too good  ;)

Getting rid of wheat will fix that.

irrelevant

It took some of the mushrooms, but only because it took everything else first.

I hate to have nothing but mushrooms in the TP because the Resource merchants won't take them, but it looks like I have no choice.

irrelevant

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on March 14, 2018, 06:25:14 PM
Damn! Even with 1000 ale, 1000 firewood, 500 leather and 8500 mushrooms in the TP, it trades away everything else to the General Goods merchant and leaves all the mushrooms behind. :o >:( :(

Going down to 500 ale and 400 leather.

Same thing with the leather. 2000 leather, 1000 ale, 1000 firewood, trades away the ale and the firewood, leaves the leather untouched.

you cannot put those food ontop of exchange list ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 14, 2018, 07:09:38 PM
There is no way to prioritize what you sell, only what you purchase. A serious shortcoming for auto-trading.

irrelevant

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on March 14, 2018, 07:14:45 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on March 14, 2018, 07:09:38 PM
There is no way to prioritize what you sell, only what you purchase. A serious shortcoming for auto-trading.

oh ok
so what he takes first ? things with the highest value first ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

I just saw another thing, that might save you a few professionals; you have very small pastures. This is another "out of the box" thinking. @smurphys7 is right. Normally when we build a larger efficient settlement, we care about using the land in the best way. Normally using a worker more or less isn't critical, at this point you normally have much more laborers than you need. I would rebuild the pastures and try to make them bigger. At least I don't think, that the wool/meat production will suffer.

Maybe you could also sell some mutton and be able to close some brewers to be able to cut some orchards. You are right; orchards are a pain. Most of the time some trees are dead or too small to give fruit. The harvest also starts too late for one farmer to manage the full harvest many years. I would try to cut the number of breweries to only use the fruit you can buy.