Red's new Work In Progress (2) thread

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2018, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

like this ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

good morning. can it be faked so the game thinks it is loading a medium setting and will then load any other start mods with it?not sure how the game reads the difference, but some mods will load others not when we change the start. your pics show too few ofv trees. can they be set to 50% of normal?  drop flower outputs to 25%. drop high temperatures of all seasons by 10-20%. 1 crop seed, 1 livestock type but only 5 animals.

it would be better if the trees didn't die off or at least die much later like not til they are 50 years old.the age mods slow the bannies to a year year speed but the trees still die faster like the vanilla speed.

curious question,how much of the pine mod do you plan to add in to the RK? when the pine mod was developed some of us talked about adding the apple or other fruit trees to the maps. a scattering of a low % of trees ,like 1% or less. 1 issue NECORA mentioned was the problem of trees spawning logs when removed not apples. creating an apple tree like a blueberry shrub would give the fruit but then not logs. the trees would have to be kept at a low amount so it didnt end up being a cheat.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on October 22, 2018, 09:14:37 AM
good morning. can it be faked so the game thinks it is loading a medium setting and will then load any other start mods with it?

no you cant. but you can give a personal list of items to spawn on the ground when it generates the map and fills it. like for this example, i made a copy of the file NaturalResourceTree.rsc and i renamed it NaturalResourceLessTree.rsc. and inside that lessTree, i lowered the numbers of chance to spawn on the map. when i ll be back at it, i ll up the numbers. i think 50% of old number is still alot, maybe at the end you will tell me 30% ^^

drop high temperatures of all seasons by 10-20%.

that you cannot. it is set in the climate file (harsh, mild, fair.....), not in the start condition file.

curious question,how much of the pine mod do you plan to add in to the RK?

i already took what i planned. like 50% of his wild trees to modify/add to the vanilla forest. to make vanilla forest more natural than the old 3 trees (spruce/oak/birch)

the fruit trees idea can be tricky a bit. like you said, remove an apple tree gives logs of course. what you would want to try is spawning an apple tree which will spawn buckets of apple to grab over time. when it is just an apple tree.... thats simple, bah complicated but simple.
if you want to also have a pear tree to spawn that spawns pear buckets, and also spawn a plum tree that will spawn plum buckets... and a peach tree with peach buckets... and a chestnut, and a pecan and a cherry and a walnut...... there it is starting to be alot more complicated.

brads3

RedKetchup

when you say more trees... more trees everywhere ? or more packs of trees with big zones of grass ?

brads3

a mixture of forest areas and meadows would be good. with the original NAT DIV mod there was that. as i use the RK more there has been less and less meadows. the forests overrun the maps. as the years go by,the trees take over more on their own. can you set it so the trees die less often too?

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on October 23, 2018, 05:30:02 AM
can you set it so the trees die less often too?

the only way is asking the tree to live longer. it is not a random death like citizens. when they die, they got to the end of their lives :)

brads3

then we can extend their lives to 50 years?

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

brads3

that is better. i am not sure how BARTENDER set the game to have both meadow and forest areas. with a NAT DIV start,there is open madows with no trees.

brads3

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on October 23, 2018, 02:03:32 PM
like this

i copied over his spawn code for his trees....

NaturalResourceDescription naturalresource
{
ComponentDescription _rawMaterial = "Template\RawMaterialWood.rsc";

// placement
float _noisePersistance = 1.0;
float _noiseOctaves = 4.0;
float _noiseScale = 30.0;
float _noiseCutoff = 0.35;
float _spawnChance = 0.4;

bool _groupModels = true;
float _groupPersistance = 1.0;
float _groupOctaves = 1.0;
float _groupScale = 5.0;
float _groupCutOff = 0.5;
int _groupRandom = 5;

float _minHeight = 0.0f;
float _maxHeight = 1.0f;
float _maxAngle = 0.75f;

bool _animated = false;
Time _preAnimateTime = 6.0;
Time _postAnimateTime = 3.0;
ToolType _toolType = Axe;

float _positionTolerance = 0.4;
}

GrowthDescription growth
{
// maximum growth before death, -1 for ever living
float _maxGrowth = 5.0;

// growth +- some amount
float _maxGrowthTolerance = 1.0;

// length of growth period to maturity
float _growthInMonths = 36;

// temperature dependant growth
bool _temperatureDependent = false;
float _growthTemp = 0.0;
float _growthTempRange = 0.0;

// re-seeding.
bool _autoSeed = true;
int _seedChance = 12;
int _seedDistance = 8;
int _seedTimeMonths = 3;
float _growthForSeeding = 0.9;

// max neighbors when reseeding
int _maxNeighbors = 1;
int _maxNeighborsSelf = 0;

float _minScale = 0.2f;
}

and this is what it gives (2 first scrren in plains, last in valleys)

brads3

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on October 23, 2018, 04:01:59 PM
good job.that looks super.

yeah but there is something that piss me off on this
those screenshots you see , are from a modified file of trees with all the old vanilla plus all the new ones mixed all together with all the falling trees animations OFF. it is OFF cause some have animations, some dont have. so all are OFF.

usually as i was doing before, i have the original tree file with animations ON plus i was adding another layer of trees with animations OFF. when you generate a map with 2 layers of trees... you dont get the same overall layout.

i spent 4 hrs tonight trying to find a way to add anims... without any luck.