News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress (2) thread

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2018, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

I just wanted to say I like this idea very much.
I wish you luck with the numbers. It is a very nice concept!

:)

RedKetchup

the concept is very different of what i've could hear...

the trees when chopped dont give fruits(apple, peach,etc) but logs. and it has 0,16% chance to spawn a box of fruits (same tech i took for the bird nests) and when ready, gatherers harvest that box of fruits and get the appropriated fruits from the spawn of the fruit tree (apples for an apple tree, peaches for a peach tree...)
the spawn chance is lower to countermeasure the fact fruit trees spawn 52 fruits instead of 21 for onions/roots/mushrooms/vanilla_wild_food.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

i made 17 so far ^^

tomorrow i ll start a new icon and i will put the tropical ones inside it ^^

but i was wondering something.... with these... will people still buy orchard seeds ?? ?? ?? ?? ??
so i am wondering if we can do something to compensate ? like a special building material cost ?

i was wondering maybe to make a new building which would take like 500 or 1000 of a certain fruit and process it in order to extract the seeds and use it as building material ? like 500 apples = 1 bag of Apple Seeds. and then, to make this special forester, you would need 32 logs, 12 stones and 1 bag of Apple Seeds ? and each time you want to build one of those, you need to save those 500 apples and get another bag of seeds ?

what you guys think about the idea ?

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on October 26, 2018, 10:35:32 AM
Sounds reasonable to me.

case:

if you dont have a certain seeds already ... like .... apples orchards seeds. then you turn toward the trading post and ask for apples. and you buy an amount of apples. but knowing very well your citizens... they will try to grab every apples they can find for the barn... you would hope your seeder to grab all the 500 apples before citizens in order to extract the seeds and make a bag of apple seeds ^^
or you buy 750 of those knowing very well you will lose some ^^

it can be funny ^^  :P  ;D  ;D  ;D

RedKetchup

but i just got a better idea....

12 stones, 32 logs ... and 48 seedlings !!!

that way it give another thing to do with seedlings out deco trees... and seedlings can be found in wilderness as crafted in greenhouses.....
i love that idea !

brads3

thank you. i prefer to need the seedlings for the orchard forest than the food or seeds. rather we use orchards or forests is much to do with layout. 1 is round other is square. also it comes down to how much logs we need.in reality the forest orchards do take more workers,since you need to plant the trees.

have you thought of any mixed foresters? like a variety of nuts and apples and pears,or more tropical fruits and mulberries,etc?

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on October 26, 2018, 12:23:31 PM
have you thought of any mixed foresters? like a variety of nuts and apples and pears,or more tropical fruits and mulberries,etc?

we cannot. if we put a 2nd link to a 2nd file (for the kind of tree to plant) it just ignore the 2nd link.

tuggistar

Quote from RedKetchup
Quotebut i was wondering something.... with these... will people still buy orchard seeds ?? ?? ?? ?? ??
so i am wondering if we can do something to compensate ? like a special building material cost ?
I like this idea, but to those not abused need to put at least some restrictions. And the gardens will be not useless.

brads3

how did NECORA do it with maples and apples?

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on October 26, 2018, 01:40:50 PM
how did NECORA do it with maples and apples?

thats the natural resource tree file that has been modified and added to the onion/shrooms/root/herb/berry spawns.
like i already have it to add deadwood. it is a multiple kind of different model that spawn multiple different kind of spawns.

the thing i just did is an ONE specific fruit tree spawning ONE specific fruit bucket. i cannot start to make some mix of 2 models of fruit trees that will spawn 2 different kind of box which will end up half of the time 50%-50% to have an apple tree spawning a walnut box and a walnut tree spawning an apple box. and the other half of the time walnut spawning walnut and apple spawning apple. 50% - 50%

if i start to make a mix of apple + walnuts forester lodge, why not one of peach and pecan forester lodge ? and why not also a lemon and lime forester lodge ? and why not also a plum and hazelnut forester lodge ? and then why not a apricot/pear and/cheery forester lodge ? and a Walnut/apple/plum/and_Chestnut forester lodge ?
if we start to make combinaison we will get 2^8 + 3^6 + 4^4 + 6^3 ... possibilities

but you cannot do a forester with a new list made for 3 models or 8 models and ask each model dropping it is own fruit specifically.
it would be a list made from a 3 or 8 suggestions. Like i can take all the model and all the tropical ones and have a list of spawn of 16 longs and 8 items lol and having whatever "looking" model spawning whatever item that RNG decided like a pine can spawn a root, and then a birch that spawn shroom because RNG decided it. or the opposite

RedKetchup

i made the tropical ones.... in the list, they are 5 : Acai, Banana, Coconut, Dates, and i did put Grapefruit in this.

tuggistar

Hi Redketchup. I really like how it all looks, but how it will all work. Colonial Charter already has something similar-Orchard foresters. I don't know how to do it, but I think it's a dishonest way to get fruit. For this in the game there are gardens to grow fruit on the trees of honest ways. We buy seeds from a merchant and grow. And then the trader in the game simply will not be useless, if it is possible to grow fruit simply so. I just love to grow on the gardens a lot of everything.

Because the merchant need to buy cattle and seeds. This is just an opinion.

And cultivation in greenhouses by the way very cool idea. This too is just an opinion.

RedKetchup

the thing i made sure. it doesnt produce as the real orchard. a real orchard 15x15 , 225 tiles, produce 1300 fruits.

this has a radius of 24 tiles , and produce just enough to replace what the forest will produce by itself with onions, roots, shrooms, berries. / or the flowers will produce with the other list (cran,black,rasp, mul, straw berries) so it produce around 2000 same as vanilla forest.

it is just an alternative people asked.
it is you guys asked for it.

tuggistar

Thank you redketchup for the explanation. :)