Main Menu

Kid - Mexican Fantasy V2.1

Started by kid1293, September 12, 2019, 08:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

I have
   int _lowCreateCount = 36;
   int _highCreateCount = 40;

Where did you get 12? You must have another bread mod active.

EDIT - I have checked ALL my bread files. Nowhere near 12.

kid1293

Actually, having a mod loaded affects the game even if you don't use it.
I don't know what has happened. My game works.
You must have something loaded that makes only 12 bread come out.
I do not have that number with ANY of my bread!
It must be some other mod.

load a game with only debug and Mexican Fantasy. Add corn and try again.
That is all I can say. I see nothing on your list that I recognize as the culprit.

kid1293

I did the test and can show pictures
24 corn in -> 40 bread out

Nilla

I´ve played with the Mexicans too and can confirm your numbers; 24 corn in 40 bread out. I also think you´re right @kid1293; also mods not activated in the game but activated and used before can someway have an influence. I can remember one game a long time ago where I got feathers in a game where it shouldn´t be any feathers at all. They were simply left from an earlier CC game. I´ve also had merchants arriving that belong to other mods than I have used, so probably production numbers and maybe also menus and production possibilities (your blacksmith in the Egyptian game) I haven´t seen it myself but i guess it´s possible. It has also been discussed here on WOB a long time ago, don´t know where. My only advice is to clean the registry. I think @brads3 (and some others) are better than me to tell how you do this the best way.

MarkAnthony

My registry is cleaned before every game, that's my usual routine when switching mod profiles with ModMan.

And yes I do know that if a mod is loaded even if it is unused they can affect other mods!  ;) I was just making the statement that at that point in the game I was just "physically" building and using Kid's stuff at the time; not sure why I said it but it rolled off my tongue as I was writing the message so I included that.

And like Kid said, I don't see anything in my mod list that would interfere either, I actually thought maybe it was the MarketFood mod or the Mission Kitchen (I've never used those yet so I don't recall everything they make), perhaps not though since Kid didn't mention it. I'll get back to you Kid and let you know if I ever figure it out.

And by the way, I wasn't tossing around accusations or anything like "This is all your fault; fix it!"  -- I was just saying, "hey, I go from 24 Corn to 12 Bread, was that intended?"  :-X

Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

brads3

i was waiting for KID to confirm it. no offence, but i do frown on having all the mods in the WinData folder when they are not being used.they can still be read by the game. there are cases that this might be needed as in the mod is acting as a patch.

after trying hundreds of mods, it is wise to clear the game registry. thou it has been debated and does not happen often anymore,mods can get hung in the registry. a mod that has been REMOVED from the WinData folder can still be active and affect games. this has happened with very old mods. since we have upgraded the game to 1.06 and again to 1.07,i only know of 1 mod that has done it,UNLESS  an older mod was loaded. between my last map and my new 1 i had issues.   the Crystal Cliffs mod was acting as a patch to merge the RKEC and Pine mods.even when it was disabled and removed it acted like it was working as a patch.

i rely on NILLA to fine tune production balances for mods.when using a variety of mods this is 1 of the give and take areas.work time and inputs and outputs can be changed with the mod order. most of the time i ignore them. sometimes you can adjust a mod or 2 and solve it.hard to do unless you can narrow it down to a couple mods.

putting all mods into the WinData folder will feed the Gremlins.they are funny like that.more they have to chew on the longer they cause issues and laugh at you.wait til they dig a black hole for you to get lost in for a days and days. 

MarkAnthony

That was quick to find. I got the 24/40 output after I removed Red's ChooChoo, when re-added I was back to 24/12 output.

EDIT: I just saw your message Brad and only read the first sentence before now replying - This was the ChooChoo mod, nothing to do at all (in my opinion) of extra mods in the WinData.

Now I'll finish reading what you said. :P

I just tested again (all 247 mods still in WinData), only:

• Debug
  • ChooChoo
  • Mexican Fantasy
24/12 output, ChooChoo removed = 24/40

** When I moved ChooChoo below Mexican Fantasy I was back to 24/40 as well. So if using any prepared food production mods (in this case, for Bread) just put ChooChoo below them if the output results are not satisfactory.

P.S.: Sorry Kid, thanks for letting me borrow this spot for posting. Moving on now, case solved. I also went back and removed two or three of my previous comments to shorten the clutter here.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

kid1293

Nilla

Weird with ChooChoo. I haven´t played it for a long time but as I remember, it´s a pure trade mod without production buildings. Good that you´ve found it.

I´ve told that I´ve played a little with the Mexican mod but haven´t said anything about my impressions. It´s a very sweet mod. The buildings are fun and do look very good; typical Kid mod. But I´m sure you already know, @kid1293 that I´m not so fond of the production numbers from the food producers. These tiny patches do produce an enormous amount of food and a second worker even doubles it. OK; there´s an input of water but that too is easy to get and highly productive. And if you clear a small piece of land from the cactus fruits that grow everywhere after some time, you will not need to bother about food for a long time. But honestly, I´m OK with these high numbers. Not everything needs to be a struggle. Nice for people who want to focus on other things. And if I want a more challenging game, I can always find a way. ;) You can look at the number of years at the picture and guess what I´ve been up to.

I also have a "glitch" I´ve never seen before. It´s probably because of some graphics setting but I haven't seen it with another mod, so I´ll tell it here. Sometimes when I build houses, the screen looks like the second picture. It comes suddenly and goes after a while, maybe when the house that caused it is finished. It doesn´t come every time I build something. Maybe it´s some combination of 2-3 floor house, I don´t know. Maybe I should try to change some settings but I don´t really know what could make sense. Any advice?

kid1293

Hej Nilla!
The 'glitch' you are talking about is absolutely a model with scale-error.
It is probably 100 times too big. I will start going through them and I will post an update.
Thanks for nice words :) I admit that I do stretch the limits a bit with my production numbers.
I like to focus on other things, as you said.

I'll be back.

kid1293

@Nilla
I have fixed and uploaded a new version. The graphical error was indeed there. Thanks :)
I took the liberty to raise work time for the patches to make them more balanced.
This means that things will work if you update in a save-game but I am not sure if the new
numbers will be active.

;D I was wrong. Only 40 times bigger  ;)

Nilla

Quote from: kid1293 on September 17, 2019, 03:11:04 AM
This means that things will work if you update in a save-game but I am not sure if the new
numbers will be active.
Thanks, Kid, it works and I´m also pretty sure that the new numbers also work. It will give me some trouble to catch up!  :) Pretty obvious how long I´m using the upgraded version! Thanks again!  ;)

irrelevant

Abandoned

Wow, I had no graphic error showing up at all and I found production numbers to be just fine with the Kid Red Desert Landscape.  Perhaps the problems were due to Egypt. 

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3215.0

Abandoned

Added thought, these patches are farmed year round- they are small and do not need 2 workers.  Better to limit to 1 worker and leave production numbers alone.