News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Wild West themed game - mod load order woes

Started by g_BonE77, September 23, 2019, 07:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g_BonE77

All,

as i thought it was pretty rude of me to hijack Pai's thread here: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3151.0 i just opened this new one where hopefully these load order issues can be ironed out and maybe a few tips and guides collected for other people looking into solutions.

@Gatherer, @theonlywanderer, @Abandoned, @brads3 and @MarkAnthony were kind enough to point me towards two ways to organize an ever growing mod list and the caveats in doing so incorrectly. The go-to resources right now are these:

- @brads3 's thread: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1790.0
- @Abandoned 's thread: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3126.0
- @Discrepancy 's post regarding load order of his mods: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2147.msg48149#msg48149

A few words about my goal:
I am very fond of CC1.76 and everything it adds, as well as the DS Jetty and a few other mods and looking into a desert, wild-west styled game where i settle on and around a lagoon map.
So far i collected quite a few mods with me becoming aware of even more while browsing the forums and the download section. Unfortunately it's a little complicated to understand how mod load order really works so i ended up having crashes and incompatibilities in the beginning. After weeding out the mods i settled with this for now:
~ Fenster fährt mich Nüsse ~

TaylorItaly

Looks good , good luck !!!
What is Stablepopmod ?
I have a list similar to yours.....

g_BonE77

So i just did @brads3 's trick on revealing all items, crops seeds, orchard seeds and livestock and it all seems to be in order. No blank tags or strange names for items. Looks like this will work splendidly... until i find another mod tempting me.
I'm really considering @kid1293 's The Mission, Abandoned Places, Tequilla Mod and the WestwardHo (full version) or the Red Desert mods for a game start. Right now i use Antilles Medium from CC as it gives me a sand based map.

g_BonE77

@TaylorItaly StablePopMod is an old mod from 2014 (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=337544530) which changes the ageing behaviour. I remember it being suggested by someone and so far i fared quite good with it. Sure, the game start is a little slower but it pays out a few years in.

TaylorItaly

Yeah , just find it.
I have thought false as Stable from Animals and Pop , hehe...

Also a Quote from Reddit about this mod :
One fun observation is that it seems to do goofy things when used alongside CC. Most of the higher tier buildings in CC have extra spots for children in houses, which end up being full for longer periods of time, and creates a lot more mouths to feed. It's... not bad, but feels a little less clean than Stable Populations used with vanilla housing. I feel like it decreases the effectiveness of the mod somewhat, but I'm not sure how one would test that.

brads3

most of KID's ods can be added withut issues.

when you are in the mod menu in game,the mods have a minimize button atthe top. if you click that it opens a list of the conflicts for that mod.
it will tell you which mods it conflicts with.this can be useful especially with start mods.you want to avoid a mod conflicting with a mod above it.in the case of the forgetabout orchard mod you can check to see if it conflicts with the seasonFX. if it does,you can try the game with the mods flipped to see if you have any changes.

note: 1.07 building mods all show conflicts due to the comunity icon button.

whichever start mod you choose,you want that mod below the start mods but above any other mod that adds or changes the starts.the start mod controls the animals,trees,grass, rocks and minerals, and the terrain.you may want to try using different mods to see which way you prefer.

you only need 1 of KID's veggy seed mods.i would try the garden start 1 above the CC.

if you load the mod manager, you coud use it to label and save the mod order.without it, i would keep a list. as you find issues while playing, you can make notes for the next map or use the  mod manager to adjust the order. the mod manager is a huge time saver when moving mods in the order.

i would enable the debug mod. if you find a problemthe quick build option on the Debug is handy to check things and test any changes you made to the order.

once you start a game, pause it and save it at the start.this way you can look around at the landscape and textures to be sure things are as you hope. you can not alter the start mods once a map is started. however, you can add building mods to the bottom of the order.

MarkAnthony

Quote from: g_BonE77 on September 23, 2019, 07:53:43 AM
@MarkAnthony i use @Discrepancy 's mod banishedUImt (Banished UI: Minimised Toolbar, http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=185) which basically puts all the vanilla buildings into a sub-category thererby cleaning up the toolbar quite considerably. Thanks for the tip tho, its much appreciated!
I wasn't speaking about the main toolbar, but all the others - those are the ones that get really full. I still think the mod I offered you will fix your crashes with ChooChoo, just try it.  /shrug

Here's an example of the mod in action: I used to use a large handful of Kid's mods when I played a "Kid game" but one day I decided I wanted to load all of his mods at once to see what would happen. I got to a point where I was down to the last six mods I wanted to add but could no longer add any because the game kept crashing when I clicked on one particular button. That particular button was not on the main toolbar but in one of Kid's toolbars; the Kid Themed Mods button; the game would crash anytime I clicked on it. It crashed because his mods added so many buttons to that one toolbar. Then I installed that mod and now I can load all of Kid's mods together. I think that ChooChoo mod was doing the same to you that's why I offered you that toolbar mod suggestion.

Here's my ModMan profile of that Kid game, it has nearly every Kid mod there is enabled. As you see on the main toolbar I also have that button Discrepancy made for the "Vanilla" buttons. You'll also see a custom-made set on my main toolbar that adds all of the "gamer's" needed tools - the Paths button, Priority, Remove Resources, Cancel Removal, Remove Roads, and Remove Structures tools. My mainbar isn't long and yours probably wasn't either but check out my last screenshot with nearly all of Kid's mods loaded! -- That's what I was talking about.  ;)
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

MarkAnthony

When I was doing it for myself I had 105 of Kid's mods enabled. The post of mine above only shows 89 of them enabled.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

g_BonE77

Aaaaand started all over again, unfortunately not with the Red Desert but again with a Prairie. This time im going to play a little longer and not get distracted by shiny new mods. Or so i hope. It's hard i tell ya.

(1) mod list
(2) map and seed
(3) the place to be

g_BonE77

Enjoy a few more pictures of the Wild West. Time for bed now:

kid1293

HI. Regarding your start picture.
The placement of the wagons is not right.
You chose Prairie Circle but that picture shows no circle.
Something is interfering with the mod.
I can not see anything wrong with your modlist though.

g_BonE77

Hi @kid1293 . You are right, the initial wagon circle has been disassembled after i had my bannies "settle" at the intended place. Those wagons were placed by me.

I found a quirk with my mod setup tho: When using the Brewer from "Workplace Village" mod to brew ale from wheat i can see the bannie running to the barn, picking up wheat and putting it in the workplace but it never shows up in there - so basically the wheat disappears. I'll try with a different brewery soon. Brewing ale from wild honey or honey works as expected. Strange indeed.

kid1293

Hi. That's a tricky one. I have set my Workplace Brewer to accept and store 'Alcohol' and 'Edible' (all food).
Now you have loaded inedible Wheat. It can not be stored in the Brewer. That's why they go back and forth.

g_BonE77

That makes perfect sense. Thanks for the explanation!

I've continued playing for a few hours yesterday and must say it's really drawing me into the game again. So many things to build, see and do. So many production chains to play with. So many ways to loose bannies due to stupidity ;) Just wonderful.

Food, it's always the food...

I'll see to post a few more pictures later today.

brads3

food isuch harder with the inedilbe mods. the bannies can't eat it.