BETA : New Medieval Castle : Beta v 0.2a - with Moats and Canals (0.2a bugfix)

Started by RedKetchup, May 23, 2015, 07:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chillzz

yeah a wake is the movement pattern of  fluids. (the wave generated by a solid object like a boat)
one might think those (like reflection etc.) are possible to implement, since they're already in the game...

luke fix it ! :)
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

assobanana76

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

DesoPL

After few days of break, i decieded make an test and well look at screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/KWRt1G7.jpg

The water from canals, don't look good with water from lakes / rivers. But still is possible at some points, make an connection.

RedKetchup

the water color will always dont look good most of time :( i changed it like 10 times already. the color the the real main rivers and lakes are extremly different from tiles to tiles. and i didnt found the good and best one yet.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Mahnogard

So I go play other games for a while and come back to ALL THIS STUFF! Holy (milky) cow, Red! :) Just downloaded your impressive beta to play with it. I already updated New Medieval Town to new and improved (and OMG THOSE HOUSES!) version and I've been having so much fun with that!

Thanks for all you do, Red. :)

RedKetchup

a real pleasure to see people enjoy it :)
thanks for the reply and WelcomeBack !!

Glenn

Red

With the change to the canal bridge to make it two tiles wide, I was wondering if it was possible to still have the traders boat pass under the bridge if it was only one tile wide.

I think it would make a nice addition if by using the F key we were able to alternate between both versions of the bridge depending on what you were trying to create in a game.

Similarly an F version of the canal and trading post that are twice as wide as the original would further enhance the game.

The overall concept however looks great, until a traders boat arrives -- then the canal looks crowded and unnatural -- the boat looks too tight in its dock.

Perhaps a turning bay in front of the trading post -- ie, make the canal at the trading post twice as wide, but the canal to the trading post remaining the same width as it already is.

Just an idea -- what do you think?

RedKetchup

we cannot switch with 'F' key from a 1x4 footprint to a 2x4 footprint and switch back. the footprint needs to stay the same. as also all the other info like : the use of the building, what it produce, and every purpose.

the only thing that can switch is the link toward which .fbx graphic file. [ between brackets ]

i know the in game 'bridge' allow  the boat to pass, but it was refusing to pass my canal bridge :S

and i know i need to redo all my canals and make them larger, but i was waiting to ask Luke if there is something that can be done with the water. the email is gone, waiting the answer (few days or few weeks^^)

maybe i ll put back the 1' width bridge in same time offering the 2' width bridge on another icon.

but the project is on ice for the moment.

DesoPL

Next test, and graphics is messed up with terrain. Main issue is i puted canal bridge close to canal fishing dock, so that's why messed up. ;/ But i keep trying. :)

One more screenshot after building.

It seems, this little bug is with connection of cannal corner and fishing dock.

chillzz

Quote from: DesoPL on June 14, 2015, 01:30:10 PM

Next test, and graphics is messed up with terrain. Main issue is i puted canal bridge close to canal fishing dock, so that's why messed up. ;/ But i keep trying. :)

It seems, this little bug is with connection of cannal corner and fishing dock.

you can flatten the terrain with the flatten tool (pickaxe and shovel)

the one near the fishing dock needs to be reclaimed, flattened are put back.  nothing wrong with the pieces.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

yeah :( works better if you put at least 1 straight between each big piece like tp, corner, docks,bridge..

RedKetchup

assobanana76

@RedKetchup
Red! I can not find a screenshot, that you had made, from which I inferred that I can make an empty channel, it is possible?
I had seen or bad? or was a WIP?
in the case where I can find it in the bar?
I can dig and then build on something?
Can I do size 1x ....?
I was thinking of building the decorative channel Maal (do not know if you know it) but at a lower level than that of the path of the citizens.
I hoped in the mod "irrigated" by Kralyerg but you can not build anything on his excavation, after removing the blue ...
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!