News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Banished in Crops

Started by Demonocracy, May 21, 2014, 12:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demonocracy

I wasn't sure where to put this, but I had to share.  I'm a little embarrassed to admit how long I spent putting this together.

Kaldir

solarscreen

Brilliant!  When we start having contests on here and awards are handed out, don't forget to submit this one!

;D
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

Demonocracy

It was really hard because when I started with it, the population was sitting around 300.  By the time I had managed to get everything lined up just nicely for a picture-perfect moment, the population had boomed to about 750.  I wasn't really prepared or focused on that aspect of the game, so then it was just a scramble to keep everyone alive until it all came together like that. 

I'm not familiar with contests here.  What kind of contests?  I do enjoy a challenge!

solarscreen

Quote from: Demonocracy on May 21, 2014, 07:26:25 PM
It was really hard because when I started with it, the population was sitting around 300.  By the time I had managed to get everything lined up just nicely for a picture-perfect moment, the population had boomed to about 750.  I wasn't really prepared or focused on that aspect of the game, so then it was just a scramble to keep everyone alive until it all came together like that. 

I'm not familiar with contests here.  What kind of contests?  I do enjoy a challenge!

It's something I would like to do here on the forum.  Things are new around here and I am looking for ways to add value, attract new members, and provide features that will make this forum the place to be.

Thanks for joining and participating!
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

Boris_amj

Excellent!

This is exactly the kind of mentality I like: looking for possibilities.

I was thinking of a similar experiment, but (as usual) got lazy and left it only as a thought.
If you like a challenge, here is one:

The idea is to pave the terrain with roads (dirt of stone) but leave gaps uncovered.
Maybe those gaps could spell something like "Banished" or have a more abstract look, maybe even using wells for decoration.

The point being to fill those gaps with trees, by putting a forester nearby.
The tricky bit is to make those trees only of one kind.
That is, only pine, or birch, etc.

What do you think ? You seem just the type of compulsive obsessive guy to achieve it. :D

rkelly17

Absolutely amazing @Demonocracy! I never thought of such an audacious thing. And weren't you the one who was just telling us that your cities aren't beautiful? I'm sure that your citizens went to such an effort was the year is 1920 and they saw odd winged machines flying over and wanted badly to communicate with them.

Next insane idea: Put the name of the town in crop letters.

Demonocracy

Quote from: rkelly17 on May 22, 2014, 10:52:36 AM
Absolutely amazing @Demonocracy! I never thought of such an audacious thing. And weren't you the one who was just telling us that your cities aren't beautiful?

You'll note that I deliberately excluded the disaster of houses and shops crammed together haphazardly though.  I couldn't dare reveal my shame so publicly!

In any case, thanks for the compliments!  It was not an easy task, and I'm really happy that people are enjoying the effort.

slink

This is a fitting entry into the Creative Pattern Challenge at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=73.0   :)

canis39