News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Traders from other saved games?

Started by Oenanthe, September 17, 2015, 01:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oenanthe

At the moment I have two games on the go, one started with no mods activated to try and get some achievements, the other with CC Golden Llama added (as well as a couple of other mods) started afterwards when I just felt like building a pretty town.

I went back to the no mods one today having left it for a while while playing the Golden Llama one, and was rather surprised that when the trader arrived he had cloth and silk among the items to trade.  The next one had honey, then dress coats.  I am fairly sure all these items aren't included in the basic game so I think my traders may have got lost.  My towns folk might enjoy the luxuries but I'm not sure letting them have them is a good idea, they might expect more and become unhappy if they can't get them.   :)

I haven't bought any of these items, but I am wondering as they are available has something bugged that will stop me earning any achievements.  I have checked the mods list while in game and they are all showing as un-enabled.

Nilla

Really odd. I change between modded and unmodded games too and have never seen something like that. Are there any other signs of the mod; a different building menu, professions at the profession list?

In any case; it sounds interesting. Let us know how it goes on.

Oenanthe

There is no other indications of any mods, no extra buildings or professions, just traders with extra goods.

Just had peacoats (I think it was) and full livery available (I still keep thinking this is some thing to do with keeping horses not clothing)  Still hoping for a livestock trader with llamas for sale.

Paeng

Quote from: Oenanthe on September 17, 2015, 01:25:00 PMI have checked the mods list while in game and they are all showing as un-enabled.

Yeah, but that does not mean anything, only that you did not "scrub" your registry after changing mods  ;) - that is risky, as Banished and the Windows Registry are not really good friends... at worst, redundant pointers in the registry will cause a crash.  :-\

The items mentioned are definitely from CC, and apparently there are still things in the registry pointing at CC, even though you disabled it...
Do your achievements still work?
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Oenanthe

My knowledge of computers is a bit basic, scrubbing registeries doesn't mean a thing to me.  I just switched between saved games.

The achievements are still showing but I don't see any way to tell if they have been disabled due to mods.  I haven't received any since I started this game but I'm only 66 years or so in and still working on it.

While having fun building a town is the main thing, it would be a bit annoying if it got to the 200 year, or however long it is, or however many hundred people and I didn't get the achievement.

michbret

You can try the nice tool made by Gordon Dry : http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=790.0

Its primary purpose is to create a list of mod in their load order but it is also cleaning the registry. Read carefully the instructions before installing/using it.