News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: New Flora - tanypredator

Started by tanypredator, June 02, 2016, 10:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanypredator

@Betin, I've made a version. Not very good - I couldn't understand, how to make a longer production menu, so that player could see how much of each food type was gathered. But it works.

Betin

Thank you very much, i'll put it in good use. very apreciated ;D

kid1293

Hi.
It's easy to change production menu.

First make a copy of Dialog/Production.rsc to your mod-directory and name it NewFloraProduction.rsc
Change 2 places in that file.

RibbonDescription previousYear4 : "previousYear"
{
ElementDescription _elements
[
"textPrevYear"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
]
}

and

RibbonDescription thisYear4 : "previousYear"
{
ElementDescription _elements
[
"textThisYear"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
"storageItem"
]
}

You can change how many items you want.

then call the file from your gatherer template.
under UIDescription ui

{
ObjectType _type = ProductionUI;
ElementDescription _element = "Dialog/NewFloraProduction.rsc:production4";
String _insertAt = "pageUser";
}

This will give extended menu for those buildings where you use NewFloraProduction.rsc

Abandoned

@tanypredator , if it isn't too much extra work, could you please make a version with the original blue flax flower?

tanypredator

Quote from: kid1293 on July 23, 2017, 10:35:31 PM
Hi.
It's easy to change production menu.

First make a copy of Dialog/Production.rsc to your mod-directory and name it NewFloraProduction.rsc
Change 2 places in that file.

Thank you! Actually, I've done it (thanks to your resources). But what I've also done is that I called to "Template/GathererShelter.rsc:herbalist" only! :-[

Now as I corrected that, the production menu is as long as it should be. Here is corrected version AND it is with "low" flax (new was as blue as old, don't know, why you want it to be mistakenly low, Abandoned).

Abandoned

Thank you @tanypredator  :)  the old flax may be low but not miserable, very petty flower that shows up better on the map, more noticeable I think.  I have had wild flax growing in my yard so I know it is much taller, very pretty.  Your original flax flower also reminds me of the forget-me-not flower, one of my favorites.  I like blue flowers and New Flora mod.  thank you very much.

Abandoned

@tanypredator , the NF Gatherer still had the new taller blue flax.  Yes, it is also a pretty blue but the original shows up better even from farther away you can see it.   :)

tanypredator

Abandoned

no, not enabled on this map. I Have it noted to use flax patch with CC, Maritime, or EB mods.  I do have Kid's workplace that uses flax.  NF loaded first.

tanypredator

Well... it is low in my clean game test. Maybe one of that mods uses new model.

Abandoned

Quote from: Abandoned on July 27, 2017, 08:13:49 AM
no, not enabled on this map. I Have it noted to use flax patch with CC, Maritime, or EB mods.  I do have Kid's workplace that uses flax.  NF loaded first.

@tanypredator , I was just wondering if I did not download the correct file from this thread.  I have the new flax flower, the mod is high in the mod list with none of the above mods enabled, only workplace which is loaded after.  The few mods above NF should have no effect at all.  I will try switching versions and see what happens.  New flower is pretty but I don't mind as much when they gather it.  :)

Abandoned

No, switching files made no difference.  Having the vanilla gatherer gathering New Flora items is very nice, especially when short of workers.   :)