News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Tunnel Mine v2.0 (updated 20 Dec 2017)

Started by Discrepancy, September 01, 2016, 04:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

DS Tunnel Mine
v2.0 - 20 Dec 2017

*v2.0 Requires a new game.

- suitable for vanilla games.
- does not add any new resources.

Build a Tunnel Mine in your town:

Random production version - produces Iron, Coal and Stone randomly. Employs 1-8 Miners. (*allows 2000 resource production)
    Select production version - produces Iron, Coal or Stone, select production via UI. Employs 1-8 Miners. (*allows 2000 resource production)
        once depleted, or if you like straight away, you can upgrade either mine to any of the following:
            Upgrade option 1: Tunnel Mine upgrade - upgrade the mines for further Iron/Coal/Stone production. Employs 1-13 Miners. (*allows 32000 resource production)
            Upgrade option 2: Old Tunnel Mine Storage Cellar - stores all Foods, total capacity is 20000 by weight.
            Upgrade option 3: Old Tunnel Mine Mushroom Farm - Grow Mushrooms in the old mine. Employs 1-3 Farmers.

Installation:
    Download file "DSTunnelMine_v2.0.zip" - download here
    'Unzip'/'Unpack' file, and copy the file "DSTunnelMine.pkm" to your Banished WinData folder.
    Enable mod in mod list.

**DO NOT use with DSTunnelMineCC.pkm ! - they will override and cause game-crash issues. Pick only 1.

:)

Change Log:
v2.0   --   20122017
             code re-write, requires new game.
             altered some textures and added AO to all models.
             altered the flag pole to be compatible with the decorative flags available in DS Small Village: Production.
             adjusted build prices of mine
             alters the Steel Tool & Mushroom resource file to call up small sprite icon, place this mod below others that alter these files.
             text and icon changes.
             added new options: Random production / or Select production at mine.
             added upgrade options to mine:
             - Further Production of Iron Ore, Coal & Stone.
             - Storage Cellar - stores Food only, 20000 capacity by weight.
             - Mushroom Farm - Farmers Grow and Harvest Mushrooms all year/all weather.

v1.0   --   01092016
             initial release.

Discrepancy

Just a few more pictures showing off the model :)

Gordon Dry

Hey, nice.

I got 2 requests:

• Either a version of it or an addon mod that it produces iron ore instead of iron
  • When it's depleted, make it upgradable to a vegetable storage or a wine cellar

Discrepancy

I especially like idea number 2 :)

I will message CC/kralyerg regarding Iron ore resources.

RedKetchup

looks awesome ! good work !!!!
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Another nice one!

I wonder with all those mods pushed out on short notice when Banished finally will grumble under all that load ;)

With all the mods Banished is about 14 times the size of Vanilla Banished is my estimate.  :)

I also sometimes wonder what Luke thinks about his creation being quite popular under modders.
Does it surprise him? Did he expect it?

Would be nice if he chimed in so once in a while to tell his experience.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Discrepancy

Quote from: embx61 on September 01, 2016, 10:36:41 PM
I wonder with all those mods pushed out on short notice when Banished finally will grumble under all that load ;)

With all the mods Banished is about 14 times the size of Vanilla Banished is my estimate.  :)

I have also been wondering about this... how many mods can it handle?

I have a game running with 81 enabled mods... not everything in them is built though.

Gatherer

Quote from: Discrepancy on September 03, 2016, 05:47:54 AM
Quote from: embx61 on September 01, 2016, 10:36:41 PM

I have also been wondering about this... how many mods can it handle?

I have a game running with 81 enabled mods... not everything in them is built though.
I'm running Castle Rock VIII with 91 enabled mods. My forum nick wasn't chosen randomly.  ;)
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Discrepancy

New

version: 2.0

DS Tunnel Mine (CC version)

available from the blackliquidsoftware.com (ColonialCharter) website

Build a Tunnel Mine in your town:

• Random production version - produces Iron Ore, Coal and Stone randomly. Employs 1-8 Miners.
  • Select production version - produces Iron Ore, Coal and Stone, select production via UI. Employs 1-8 Miners.
    Upgrade option 1: Tunnel Mine upgrade - upgrade the mines for further Iron Ore/Coal/Stone production. Employs 1-13 Miners.
    Upgrade option 2: Old Tunnel Mine Storage Cellar - stores all Foods, total capacity is 20000 by weight.
    Upgrade option 3: Old Tunnel Mine Mushroom Farm - Grow Mushrooms in the old mine. Employs 1-3 Farmers.

You will find the menu button in the Resource Production menu.

Turis

Could the version 2 be used with the North mod and still produce iron ore?

Discrepancy

Place below the north and it seems to work,
I think it might be a bit faster at producing the iron ore:
the north iron ore is produced at Ed=8 / UnEd=6
while i based my work time upon CC's Ed=3 / UnEd=2

The iron ore is processed at the bloomery :)

Turis

TheOtherMicheal

Nice work and a really great idea with the upgrade options  ;D

Tom Sawyer

I've also testet it. Basically, it works. Only the material limit not, because ore is flagged as 'iron' and coal as 'fuel'. And as DS said, all of the resources come faster and have a higher maximum production if the North is on top.

Discrepancy

DS Tunnel Mine (CC edition)
Updated to v2.1
        Fixed issue with Mine upgrades only allowing 4000 production (changed to 6000 as stated in UI text).
        Changed build cost of Mushroom Farm - lowered cost of Logs & Stone, added in Mushroom build requirement.

Download here - blackliquidsoftware.com

Like commented above, it is compatible with The North.

Should be save-game compatible, as long as you haven't built the Upgraded Mine. If you have, Upgrade that mine into the Cellar or Mushroom Farm. You should then be able to  update the mod in your WinData folder.