News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Jetty & Bridge v2.1 (updated 20 April 2018)

Started by Discrepancy, February 16, 2017, 07:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

Looks great!  :)

How compatible is this with Red's new big mod. That would be something I would like to try, but I'm no @brads3, so I want everything to work smooth together. If they don't workwell, it will have to be two different games. That's good too.

kid1293

elemental

I'm looking forward to this.  :)

Have you fixed the problem of the wooden bridges stopping boats from visiting trade ports?

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Discrepancy

Quote from: Nilla on April 02, 2018, 03:34:21 AM
How compatible is this with Red's new big mod. That would be something I would like to try...

It should work fine together.
All storage flags for added resources should all match up.

A few differences might be in the create counts for individual resources, but I'm not 100% certain yet. I am still balancing a few things.
And also depending on load order, some other things.

Quote from: elemental on April 02, 2018, 04:45:10 AM
Have you fixed the problem of the wooden bridges stopping boats from visiting trade ports?

In all of my testing with the mod I have boats stopping always on vanilla maps or my own lake map I've made. That said I am always cautious about how i place the trading posts - I first build one clearly on a river before observing where the boat travels through a lake before adding in too many jetty components. The new version has altered footprints for the traders making it easier to place correctly. I have also slightly adjusted the traders interact points so that might be helping also.

It is still a confusing issue/bug that is no doubt going to return for some players though. For example my jetties and CC lake water maps don't seem to like each other.

Quote from: kid1293 on April 02, 2018, 03:38:42 AM
This is a most welcome sight! Thanks! :)
Quote from: RedKetchup on April 02, 2018, 05:33:14 AM
all the buildings are looking so GREAT !!
Thank you! :)

elemental

Quote from: Discrepancy on April 03, 2018, 05:56:32 AM
It is still a confusing issue/bug that is no doubt going to return for some players though. For example my jetties and CC lake water maps don't seem to like each other.

That doesn't sound promising seeing as I play CC lake waters maps, which are excellent maps for water structures. Your stone bridge set had the same problem and you successfully fixed that, so I was hoping it might be fixed here. From my experience it isn't a problem with port placement. The modular bridges block boats no matter where they are placed. Boats will find a way around them if they can, but if there is no possible way to avoid the bridge then I get the problem of no boats stopping. But as I said, you did something to fix this problem with the stone bridges and it was a very happy day when I saw the first boat go under your stone bridges.  :)

Gatherer

Stone bridges are 2 tiles wide are they not? So zig-zag walking solves the problem. Just as it does with Mr. Red's canal bridges. Modular bridge pieces are 1 tile wide.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

elemental

There's a two tile wide wooden bridge as well as a single tile wooden bridge. I love the look of the wooden truss bridges. Wish I could use them anywhere and not just in lakes off the main river.

Even if just the extension pieces were fixed that would be enough to make a bridge the doesn't block boats.

Discrepancy

Updated to v2.0

v2.0 -  04042018  --  Major update - released 5 April 2018.      - .pkm = 218,226 KB (213 MB)   | .zip = 133,110 KB (129 MB)
              - Adds 2 new homes, tailor, workshop, mushroom farm, chicken coop, school, chapel, water store, kitchen, hospital, farmer's merchant.
              - Adds jetty construction buildings: lumber yard, forge, sand mine, glass-maker.
              - Added the ability to upgrade-to-demolish the driftwood gatherers.
              - Adds new resources Lumber, Glass, Sand, Iron Ore, Iron Fittings, Wagon Parts and many more.
              - Changes to the UI of buildings.
              - Toolbar alterations and image changes.
              - Menu arrangement altered.
              - Text changes.
              - Building footprint changes.
              - All construction costs altered.

Contains files that alter the vanilla Banished: Citizen, Storage Barn, Yard and Cart, Market, Trading Post and Town Hall, adding new resource limit flags.
Also alters the following Dialog (UI) files: CreateBar, ToolTip, ToolTipToolBar, ToolTipUpgrade.
these changes allow:
              - Vanilla buildings and citizens to utilize and accept the new storage/limit flags.
              - Alters toolbar & upgrade tooltips to display extra construction materials.
              - Alters all toolbar hover-over toolbar tips to show a full size icon instead of a 16x16px icon. this was done to display alternate toolbar icons correctly (i.e: 16x32px, 22x32) without having them distorted.

Jetty Construction:
New in v2 is the introduction of advanced building materials: Lumber, Iron Fittings, Glass (& Sand), Wagon Parts and Fishing Gear.
4 land, or land/water based buildings supply a large proportion of these resources.
With these added resources comes an increase in construction costs for all jetty pieces.

Though difficult, it is possible to start a Hard game and only build jetty buildings (to a certain extent).
You will need to micro-manage the town for the first few months/years.
Start by clear felling an area to collect some Logs, Stone & Iron (if playing with a mod that adds Iron Ore, it is possible, though this makes a harder game again).
After making a stockpile, you must build the Jetty Construction: Lumber Yard, also at the same time start building the Jetty Construction: Forge.
Once the Lumber Yard is built change the production to firewood, it is slower than a firewood splitter, but for now it is all you have.
With the forge built you can start making Iron Fittings with Iron & Firewood (or the forge can turn Iron Ore into Iron, or Iron Ore straight into Iron Fittings),
you might want to build a vanilla Hunter or Gatherers Hut to collect some food.
With enough firewood produced to make a few Iron Fittings, change the Lumber Yard to produce Lumber.
With Logs + Lumber + Iron Fittings you can build a jetty house, don't build anymore than 1 at this stage, and build the first close to or on the shore so the front door is accessible.
Get building a Jetty Firewood Splitter to produce more firewood. Keep up the Logs as you'll be supplying it for firewood, lumber and construction use.
To start producing the Fishing Gear needed to fish from the jetties you'll need to build the Jetty Workshop, this will also produce Wagon Parts,
needed for constructing Markets, Merchants & Drawbridges. The workshop will also produce Iron Tools & Iron Fittings.
Though not necessary in early game, Glass is needed for some more comfortable housing, the Jetty Construction: Sand Mine is built on a shoreline and will extract sand.
The sand is used in the Jetty Construction: Glass-maker, a building also requiring a shoreline placement.
Once you can build, staff and supply these production buildings, you can start constructing other buildings and walkways to join them up.

Discrepancy

added in v2.0:

Nilla

WOW! :)

I know what i want to play in my next game!

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

galensgranny

brads3

https://i.imgur.com/dKzKOn3.jpg  won't you catch the dock on fire??

can these buildings be placed on dry ground like the CC docks or do they have to be over water?? like the hospital,school,or market?

WOW,there is soo much in there. so many pieces i wish i could take out of it. the grass roof textured buildings would go good with yor hovel houses.

Nilla

Why would you like to take some out? I´m looking forward to try everything!