News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Storage - beta ver5 (Banished Beta 1.0.7)

Started by Discrepancy, February 22, 2017, 11:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

DS Storage - beta ver5

Finally an update to this mod, be it only a small update though.

No new content apart from the Viking Stock Vault getting a 2nd roof texture F-variant.
And new storage yard options for new flags.
All models have had slight-to-major texture changes, as well as mesh improvements.
The Town Tithe Barn has had a major re-texture, the changes haven't been made to the build models yet, so the construction barn looks rather different to the completed.

Various build costs as well as storage capacities have been altered.
The buildings are now all available from the new community toolbar: DS menu: Storage Yards, Barns & Cellars

Download & Installation:
  - Download from here the latest .zip file. (download .zip size = 13,527 KB / 13.2 MB  | .pkm size = 19,261 KB / 18.8 MB )
  - unzip the file (right-click on file, and select unzip/extract/etc).
  - place DSStorage.pkm inside your Banished/WinData folder.
  - enable the mod on the Main Menu and Pause Menu.

Change Log:
DSStorage.pkm

beta ver5    - initial release for Banished 1.0.7 .. 23Feb2017 ..          - .pkm = 19,261 KB (18.8 MB)   | .zip = 13,527 KB (13.2 MB)

StringTable Download:

DSStorageStringTable.rsc - 8KB

TheOtherMicheal

Hey it might only be a minor update but I'm sure plenty of us will be happy that DS Storage is still a "going concern". I use this mod a lot because I make extensive use of the Viking Stock Vault for starting a new town (I demolish any barns provided by starting conditions and replace them with the Stock Vault, I prefer the look of the Vault for my starting areas).

QueryEverything

Ahhhh @Discrepancy this has fast become one of my fave 'large' storage mods - for all my large Barning needs :) 
The town Tithe barn is one of the very first big storage units I build on a map and it's the centre piece of my starter village.

I was wondering, if by any chance in a future update you would consider adding some 'lean-to' type storage that can be fitted to the back of the barn, not changing the original model (unless you wanted to ;) ) but pieces that would line up to the back of it, or to the front.  I've tried a few different ways of doing this myself:
Slink's mini markets; EB's markets; the Carts (yours & the MM ones); and just a lean-to covering:  Kid's covers

I really like how Kid's look, so for now, I'm happy with that - but, if you were wondering what other storage you could add, something like the above - but fits to the building itself. 
I noticed because it doesn't fit to the edge of the tile, none of the existing items fit perfectly.

I was trying to also make an adjacent market place, and that hasn't quite worked either, but it's close enough for me to be happy about it when I pretend I don't have OCD, LOLOLOL.

In the screenshots you will see some of the markets sit flush against the building, that was me holding them there, the tiles were red, and I took a screenshot to show what I was curious about :) 

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]