News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Necora's Work in Progress

Started by Abandoned, February 27, 2017, 07:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

@Necora I am glad you are posting your mods here on this site.  I have been following your progress on your Black Liquid thread.  I thought this would be a good spot for you to keep us updated on work in progress.  :)

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Abandoned

@Necora I have a few thoughts on the Maritime Dock Set and PEI Shores I am using in currant map.  So far so good, I am doing a little better with the dock set. It seems to me that the mid level and the corner pieces are the same 1x1 pieces.  I think the mid level pieces could use the f-variant with the ropes.  The PEI set is pretty cool, I wonder if the edible storage unit could have a door on both ends, I placed it backwards so they enter from on shore rather than the dock walkway but both sides would be good. 

Also I noticed that the riverboat food merchant had pike, mackerel, and hemp on board which I believe are from Nova Scotia Set so if both sets would be used at the same time the resources would be in there twice. Also I posted in the 1.0.7 discussion thread, the fisheries statistic boxes have 12 rows where less are needed.   Like the sets though  :)

Necora

@Abandoned thanks for starting the thread.

I put all of the mid level pieces as F-variants for one button. I can expand the set, but I think I'll only use 1x1 pieces rather than all of the others too. I'll put it on a list for the next update.

Access for the storage, yup I can also add that as well.

As for the fish, pike is not mine... but mackerel is unless someone else introduced it too. I'm not sure what DS Village has now? I know that added more fish too. But mackerel and hemp should not be in that set, there are no mackerel or hemp files in the PEI or Dock Set packs, only the NS pack. As for two resources from different packs, as long as they are named the same 'under the hood' only one version will be used by the game, which ever comes first in the mod list. So you should't have multiple hemps etc. if using different sets that add them.

brads3

it doesn't surprise me that she has weird animals in her maps. hell she is not even on the same planet anymore.lol

adelegarland

Hi Necora,  I Love the sets!  Question, is there a particular order to load these mods?  I'm having a crash when a 1x1 dock and the rope maker is loaded, also with the food cellar. I get the fatal access violation crash...   So far I can't get them to build these items without crashing.  Help?? ???
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Abandoned

careful @brads3 you could get beamed up for supper of mackerel and mushrooms  :)

@Necora , I don't know where these fish and items come from, I thought they maybe got left behind when you separated into modules. I only have PEI & Dock Set downloaded and in map (story #11).  The only mod I activated but didn't list in intro because I decided not to use it in this map is @Discrepancy Jetty and Bridges.   Anyways, I can't wait to get to the chapter with the latest screenshots, I think you will like how the dock is turning out.

Necora

@Abandoned  Ah, DS Jetty and Bridges includes the fishing spot and fish monger which is where they are coming from.

@adelegarland  hmmm... what a random combination of buildings. There should be no load order, but perhaps put the Nova Scotia set on top to be sure. It is probably best to always load the mods in order of most recent. I tried not to change anything between mods in the core files, but you never know. What are you doing to trigger the crash? Is it when placing? Or some other time?

Abandoned

oh, a fish monger, that explains it, thanks.  :)

brads3

tune in tomorrow as the world is invaded by pelicans and ostiches.

taniu

Fauna in Canada .Canada's fauna can be divided into three provinces. They are: Arctic province, Canadian and Western US
Province Arctic:This province overlap with tundra covers the Arctic Archipelago and the areas located on the northern outskirts land of Canada
Animals ;musk-ox,karibu,foxes and arctic hares,lemmings,Arctic is the snowy owl and ptarmigan,Snow geese, brent goose ,predators;-polar bear.
to marine mammals include seals and walruses
Canadian Province:It covers an area of boreal forests and is the largest area of Canada
Animals;Moose and deer wapiti, inRocky Mountains-sheep,goat snow,in the forests they live black bear and grizzly,wolves, lynx and wolverines
rodents ;beavers and squirrels,birds -owls, hawks and eagles

taniu

Fauna in Canada
Province of the Western US -This region is the smallest part and represents the areas of the prairie. There are there mainly herbivorous species.
Animals;American bison,the pronghorn and mule deer,rodents -gopher and black-tailed prairie dog ,badger, birds -hawks and owls.
In Canada, there are numerous national parks and nature reserves ;Nations Parks Wood Buffalo ,Jasperand Banff
If you want to add any more animals to "Maritimes Pine Set" I made a list here
@ Necora . Stunning work! Thank you very much. Really adds to the game. Thank you for helping @ Necora a fantastic part of the "Maritimes." . Great moderators, I have great respect . Thank @Shock Puppet, @ kralyerg,@ Discrepansy . @ RedKetchup

adelegarland

Quote from: Necora on February 28, 2017, 05:32:07 PM
@Abandoned  Ah, DS Jetty and Bridges includes the fishing spot and fish monger which is where they are coming from.

@adelegarland  hmmm... what a random combination of buildings. There should be no load order, but perhaps put the Nova Scotia set on top to be sure. It is probably best to always load the mods in order of most recent. I tried not to change anything between mods in the core files, but you never know. What are you doing to trigger the crash? Is it when placing? Or some other time?

Seems to crash when the buildings complete building or when I add the worker to them.  I'm not sure which item is doing it...  going to try another game from scratch to see if I can pinpoint the stinker! 
Will let you know.    ;)
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

calli74

I had a crash yesterday after I started using the maple forester and the maple gatherer, the pine trapper and the skinner. It didn't happen when the buildings were completed or on adding a worker to any but after I'd finally had them working for a few mins in game. I had labourers clear out the old forrest so that the foresters could replant with the maples, things were spawning fine and being collected by the trapper and gatherer, the only thing I didn't see working was the skinner. I will help with testing if you want too because I was enjoying this mod, first time I've used it.

Edit: I'm using the beta 1.07 version and the new 1.72 CC for 1.07. Most of my mods are all the updated ones from here with a few old favourites so as the wagon vendor from DS.

Nilla

I had a crash, when I tried to change the limit, where lumber belong. I'm pretty sure, it was because, I played these 1.0.7 mods without upgrading the game. I have upgraded now and will start a new game tonight. I hope there will be no more crashes. But if there are, I will report it on this site as well as in my blog, where I describe my efforts and my opinions of these mods more thorough.