News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Maritimes Trees

Started by Necora, March 25, 2017, 09:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

awesome !!! great feature for everyone :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

adelegarland

Just downloaded and they look wonderful, but crashing when my bannnies cut em down...   
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Necora

@adelegarland  yup I just realised I forgot to turn the animations off.... bear with me while I change it!

Necora

It might take a while for the new files to sync, I'll post here as soon as it is updated.

Necora

@adelegarland the crashes should be fixed... now the trees will just vanish when harvested. I can't get the animations to work so this will have to do for now.

Let me know if it works!

adelegarland

@Necora  Just downloaded, no problems!  added to an existing game and no hitches!  YAY!
PS> they look beautiful
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Necora

Nilla

I downloaded this mod yesterday, too and tried it on a new map.

Most of your trees are lovely. It's nice to have a different look of the forest. Despite what I said looking on your picture in that other thread; the orange trees are too orange for my taste. I would have preferred them being green or at least less bright.  But I know, it's a matter of taste, so if people like it, I can live with these red trees. I have discovered some other things, that looks a little bit odd. Nothing bad, and my guess is, that there's not much to do about it, but I want to tell anyway.

First picture: It's early spring, the fir trees are thick covered with snow, the other trees bright green and orange. It looks kind of odd.
Second picture: Some of the snow covered trees have a green tip. That, too looks odd.

Despite this, I will use this forest with joy! Thanks @Necora!

Necora

@Nilla those two things are unfortunately the way the game deals with certain aspects and I don't think there is anything to do about it.

The green leaves are a material that makes them appear and disappear in the spring/fall, but I think this material also means they don't get snow covering. If you get a late snow then they will be green despite everything else being snow covered. It is probably the same for the vanilla trees.

As for the black tips, it is another way that the game deals with snow. Snow only accumulates on flat surfaces, not vertical ones. I put the vertical faces on the top so you can get a crown full of green for the pines, but that means that they are too vertical for snow to collect on the. Again, not sure there is anything to do about that apart from try some really small faces up there that are flat rather than vertical.

QueryEverything

Just posting this here, I was asked recently about the load order I use for the Maritimes Mods as well as the load order for start conditions, so here are a couple of screenshots of how I have my load order working.

Please note that these are above CC & MM.

Top of the list (near the top), I have:
Maritimes Riffle
New Flora (Tany)
Pine Set v103
Maritimes Trees
Natural Diversity

This means in this load order I get the beautiful trees by Necora and also get the NatDiv & New Flora resources to harvest straight off the map.  I then build my Pine Set foresters & gatherers straight away to then harvest the newly producing Pine Set items. 

As for the remaining mods, I then load in the order shown.  These mods are placed under the start condition mods, but over CC & MM.

Maritimes NS Inshore Fisheries
Maritimes Dock Set
Maritimes Crystal Cliffs Collection
Maritimes Storage Collection
PEI Shore
Maritimes Sherbrooke Collection

I hope this helps anyone else who is curious about the load order. :)

@Necora if my load order is out of date, please let me know :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Gatherer

@Necora

Could these trees be made available also as decorative sometime in the future?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Necora

@Gatherer I'm working on it :)

I will try and get it done before the end of the month. Work got super busy, the sun is staying in the sky later in the evening, and I have a large vegetable garden to plant. So modding time has fallen off considerably! I managed to spend some time doing things today, but it is mostly bug fixing and updating things, so not as fun as creating, and harder to justify above other things :(

I will be going away for a few months in June, and want to try to release as much as I can before then. So hopefully the decos will be done soon.

QueryEverything

@Necora I read 2 conflicting posts over the last few weeks (just tried looking for them but couldn't see them, I'm being lazy, haha).  It's about the Maritimes Trees and Maritimes Pine Set

1 post was that you only needed 1 or the other, not both
1 post was that if you wanted to have the trees replace the vanilla trees at start up, you do need both as Maritimes Pine Set only affects the trees when the foresters plant them.

Post 2 makes sense to me, unless you wrote in the MPS that the trees will overwrite all the Vanilla trees at map startup.
Can I can an official answer please :D

Thank you, sorry for the confusion, just random thoughts ... haha
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Necora

@QueryEverything I was thinking about this the other day when it came up. Technically, you don't need both because they will both change the vanilla trees to the maritimes trees. The difference is...

Maritimes Trees

Maritimes Trees is purely visual, it only changes the tree models associated with the natural resource tree template and nothing else. That means that it will change the trees on start up, and the trees that are grown by the vanilla forester, but as it doesn't touch the code for spawned resources (or growth rates or anything else) then it is compatible with other mods that add new resources that are spawned by trees, so NatDiv or New Flora.

Pine Set Trees

The pine set trees are functional, i.e. they change the whole natural resource trees template to not only change the models but also the resources spawned by them. So the trees on start up and those planted with the vanilla forester will be the maritimes trees models, same as the tree set, but these will also spawn new resource such as chanterelles, fiddle heads, beaver lodges etc. This means that they will not be fully compatible with other mods that also change/add resources such as the New Flora mod. However, as the NatDiv mod only changes the models of other raw materials, and adds other things in other places not in the tree template, it will work with it.

So the maritimes trees is just for visuals, and it is made specifically so people can get the trees while also using the New Flora mod (which is the one I had in mind when doing this), and others.

This means that you technically don't need both.

However, there might be a catch, I was thinking about this the other day, so perhaps you could do some testing ;)

If you are just using the maritimes mods alone, you definitely don't need the tree set if running the pine set. However, if you are using other mods such as the New Flora mod, you might need both depending on load order and what you want on the map. I have not tested these extensively, I don't use the New Flora mod because the flax doesn't work with anything else, but if you want to use them it might be worth playing around with different combinations of the three to see what works and what doesn't. I would guess, if you put the pine set above new flora, you won't get the goods from new flora. If you put new flora above the pine set, you won't get the goods from the pine set. So if you wanted new flora items with maritimes trees in start up/vanilla and pine set goods only from the three pine foresters, then you would have to go Maritimes Trees > New Flora > Pine Set.