News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Saltworks

Started by embx61, March 29, 2017, 04:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

Those bag piles looks awesome. Thanks Red.

Now I think I know how to make stockpiles in Max thanks to your awesome example :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

if you dont want it to be store in a stockpile and store it in a barn instead, you will need to change the Material flag (CoalFuel). Because coalfuel goes to stockpile in many mods (note that vanilla stockpile doesnt have coalfuel flag ^^ and got to be changed with all new flags)
and also, being different, (depending of people mods order), it can crash like it happended. the best is just do it :) use the files... or do yours :)

and welcome @embx61  :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on April 05, 2017, 11:25:46 AMStill not convinced that a pile was used

Well, it depends at what stage you look, I guess... out of the saltworks they would indeed be piles, then the salt would be packed in sacks or crates...  :)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

Yeah, I looked at a lot of pictures too like that. But it is still in the pre processing state.

With help from Red's pile files I made a Salt Pile mesh so it can be stored in a storage yard.
I also changed the Saltworks to get rid of the bags and to use the new mesh.

What you guys think?

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Uploaded newer versions of Saltworks and Tannery which include the changes.

Thanks a lot Red :)

Paeng

Cool, thanks for the quick update  :)

I really like salt, specially for the "Preservist" chains... I would not mind a few more buildings that can process fish, still one of my favorite resources  ;)

adelegarland

@embx61 Great Work on you latest mods!   ;D      Just wondering..   Why are there two different toolbars for your mods?  I see one under the mod collection toolbar and one in the resource production toolbar.  Also the leather-works aren't in either of these toolbars. Not to be a pain, but shouldn't they all be in the mod collection toolbar?  Would make things easier if there was consistency in the locations of mods.  Thanks
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

embx61

@adelegarland

Yeah, the Mod toolbar. It is a miss or hit. Some like all the mods under the community toolbar and some have them rather as in Vanilla.
For example Waterwell under food production, Leatherworker under Resource production, and so on.
But some toolbars can become quite long and filled with Icons this way so I experimented with adding EB-Icons in all the sections, like food, town services, etc, instead of a community Icon in the root, with all my buildings for that category in their own toolbar.

It saves the players one click (No community Icon) and all my buildings are still under the category I assigned them to.
I put them all at the end of the Vanilla toolbars (Sorting 900) and have a 1 pixel orange line around them.

I tested this approch with a modified RK toolbar to see if it worked if other modders used the same approach. It worked but I still have to upload the rest of my older mods to reflect those changes but wanted to see first what the community thought about that approach. I just forgot all about to mention it when I uploaded my newest mods. :-[

While we are on the subject. What does the majority rather have. My own Community toolbar or my approach as described above, what I personally think is not bad at all, as players still can easily find my mods in the right places, just as in Vanilla with only one extra click, instead of two clicks as with the community toolbar.

Leatherworks is on the resources production toolbar under my Icon in my test game. The Icon is almost the same as the Tannery. You maybe missed it because of that?
I looked at the code and see no errors.

embx61

Ah, after looking again and agin without seeing errors I decided to download my own Leatherworks mod and test.
Indeed the Icon was just on the Vanilla resource toolbar.  :o
Uploaded my newest version and all should be good.

I am waiting for some more input from the community about the toolbars.

I personally don't care which approach to take. I was just trying a 'new' approach out and it seems to work that way too as long as all my older mods are uploaded too to reflect the toolbar changes.

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on April 06, 2017, 11:39:42 AMWhat does the majority rather have

Tehehe... split decision  ;)

Personally, I'm a big fan of the community bar... it just agrees much more with my style of choosing what to use in a certain situation - my 'mental images' are more like RK Camp, DS Baskets, Kid Workplace etc., rather than "a hunter", "a gatherer", "a blacksmith"...  :)

Plus being in that particular bar then makes it easier for me to choose "matching" items...

embx61

Thanks for your input Paeng

Yeah, I know we can't make everyone happy and about toolbars it is pretty much a split. I read some comments on the BL site from some players who rather see smaller mods not in the community toolbar but on the Vanilla bars instead. But some of the bars can get pretty long this way.
My mods are to be honest not a themed set piece. All my mods not have a certain design as to follow a certain theme.
That is why I was looking for a middle of the road approach so to speak.

I wait it out a bit and hopefully get some more input from other players and then make a final decision and stick with it.
I just uploaded all my older mods which reflect my changes so players can download the newer version(s) to see if they like my approach or not.

Nilla

I like the community toolbar, too. For us, "old inhabitants" of this page, who have followed the development of the mods, it makes perfect sense. But I can understand, that it might be a bit confusing. Many modder also make their own icons and you have to get used to them. I think a compromise would be the best thing. Take @Red Ketchup as a role model. When you open his icon, you find the vanilla symbols again. His different buildings from his smaller mods are  located under the same menu icons, as the vanilla tool bar. That makes it easy to find and easy to use, even if you're only interested in "a barn" or "a gatherer". I haven't tested your new mods yet, @embx61, they are on my waiting list, so I don't know how the icons look, but since they all are small; I would find Red's way the best.

embx61

Thanks @Nilla for the reply.

My approach is not that much different then the community toolbar icon.
I skipped the community Icon all together and if you click for example on the vanilla resource production Icon you see at the end a button with the same icon as the vanilla but with a 1 pixel edge around it. Clicking this button opens a toolbar with only my mods on it categorized by Resource Production. So you will not see the Church or Water Well there for example.

And so I did the same for all the Vanilla main toolbar as Transport (But have no mods for those so no button will be seen), Food production (Water Well, Bakery, Oil Press) and so on.

It is the same as the common toolbar system but without the Common Toolbar in the Main Vanilla toolbar.

So instead of clicking first the community Icon and then look for and click the EB Mods Icon players can click Vanilla Resource Production button, at the end find my button (As long as I have mods assigned to it for that category, otherwise no Custom icon is shown) and clicking that button gives all my buildings for that category.

I merely did this as a test, because of some 'complaints' I read about smaller mods have not a real use under the community Icon Toolbar and tried to find a middle way.

I hope some more players want to test this approach as it is not as bad as it maybe seems. After all if a player want to place a bakery for example just as Vanilla click the food Icon. Then either choose one of the Vanilla buildings to build, or click my button at the end and then choose one of my buildings for food production.

I like to add that I tested this approach with a customized RK toolbar to see if for example RedKetchup chooses to do the same approach his button will show up next to mine with only his buildings for that category :)
Apparently the modkit allows custom toolbar(s) above the main toolbar being modular as well as I was not sure of that.

A picture shows mostly more then a lap of text

So Vannila Resource Production Button --> My Custom Resource Production Button  --> All my buildings for that category.
2 clicks and all the buildings are there to see. Common toolbar is click community button, then a mod button for example DS or RK, then the button for category for that mod what I sometimes read was also a "complaint" (Having to click too much)

brads3

i like the way EMBX suggests. click on housing and you get the vanilla houses but also a modder icon with their houses all under that. same for storage or production buildings. yet a community icon  for like the mission set,medeivel,the rowhouse set,etc. but the buildings in those sets also show under each modders icon in the category places as well. so rowhouses would show under kids icon under housing and list under the community icon as well. that i think fits everyone.