RedKetchup

woot big congratulations @Bartender  :)
big hit for your first one :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Congrats on your first Mod.
Looking very good.

I guess from now on you hardly going to play Banished anymore but Mod for it instead  ;)   :D
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

kid1293

It's beautiful!
Another of those creations I wish was in the game from the beginning.

As @embx61 said, it's maybe time to start playing again.  ;)
Thank you!

tanypredator

Hello! Great addition, thank you!

Since you have mentioned possability to use your mod with other spawning mods, I went at once to test it with New Flora :). And, hurray! They work together! Just two moments I've noted:

1) My gathering tools failed to work with herbs, though they work nicely with your new vegetable models. I don't know why is this difference, but anyway, I used manual herb gathering most rarely, so no matter.
2) Bannies failed to use thatch as a fuel in modded houses (it was DS wooden tent in my case). I think that those houses are not intended to store construction materials (but I'm not sure, never played with this stuff). If it is right, I see two decisions: to change all modded houses, or to mark thatch as a firewood, but maybe there are some other work-around.

Anyway, I'm definitely happy to see both my plants and yours :)

Bartender

Thanks everyone!

Quote from: embx61 on April 15, 2017, 04:54:15 PMI guess from now on you hardly going to play Banished anymore but Mod for it instead  ;)   :D
Quote from: kid1293 on April 15, 2017, 11:45:43 PMAs @embx61 said, it's maybe time to start playing again.  ;)
Haha, I indeed haven't played much since I started development on this! I guess that is the fate of us modders, but I will try to take your advice ;).

Quote from: tanypredator on April 16, 2017, 02:19:08 AMSince you have mentioned possability to use your mod with other spawning mods, I went at once to test it with New Flora :). And, hurray! They work together! Just two moments I've noted:

1) My gathering tools failed to work with herbs, though they work nicely with your new vegetable models. I don't know why is this difference, but anyway, I used manual herb gathering most rarely, so no matter.
2) Bannies failed to use thatch as a fuel in modded houses (it was DS wooden tent in my case). I think that those houses are not intended to store construction materials (but I'm not sure, never played with this stuff). If it is right, I see two decisions: to change all modded houses, or to mark thatch as a firewood, but maybe there are some other work-around.

It's great to hear that they work simultaneously! I will test them together to see about the first bug you mentioned, and I will do some other tests for the second. I did set a 'fuel' flag for the thatch, but perhaps there is more to it.

tanypredator

Quote from: Bartender on April 16, 2017, 05:38:38 AM
It's great to hear that they work simultaneously! I will test them together to see about the first bug you mentioned, and I will do some other tests for the second. I did set a 'fuel' flag for the thatch, but perhaps there is more to it.

What bannies did was they took thatch to the tent, couldn't put it there and brought it bach to the stockpile. Thatch appears as "construction material" in the main info box, that is why I thought, that maybe those houses cannot store it.

Necora

I think if you want thatch to work as a fuel you will have to process it into something, like a fuel bundle or something. I don't think you can have more than one flag on something that is not food or clothing - unless it needs to be flagged as 'woodfuel' as well, TBH the flags can get quite confusing/messy at times.

Bartender

The vanilla houses can store and use it though, so the fuel flag works for them.

tanypredator

Necora, I know one method of processing grass into the fuel, used in real life, but I think it's not suitable here, lol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_animal_dung_fuel

Necora

'resuse of excretia' lovely ;) perhaps a use for that CC bonemeal though, a cheap dirty and low efficiency source of fuel. It is a shame that we can't control the 'strength' of a fuel in its template file like tools.

And OK, if it works in vanilla then ignore my comment...

tanypredator

Quote from: Bartender on April 16, 2017, 06:04:28 AM
The vanilla houses can store and use it though, so the fuel flag works for them.

Well, I've tested some more, and found out that @kid1293 's houses use thatch, while @Discrepancy 's houses don't. I'll try to upload the most recent version of those. Also I discovered, that annual roots don't want to be gathered by my tools too.

kid1293

I have many of my houses with 'Fuel' flag.
If I remember right Discrepancy uses 'WoodFuel' to stop them from using coal.

tanypredator

Thank you, kid1293. Then I hope it won't be difficult for him to make "fuel" using version. I've never mind bannies using coal.

Bartender

Ah that's it then. I guess adding the 'woodfuel' tag would solve the issue then?

As for the problems with the Herbs and Roots @tanypredator, that's because some of them have other templates. I had to do this to get them to spawn in different area's, or to make some of them annuals. The names of the new resource files are in the description on the download page, if you want to include them.