News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

NMT3.0Series: Canal Set 1.0.7

Started by RedKetchup, May 15, 2017, 11:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

You my forum friend are not alone, marvel in the story that is "Pink Water".
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1725.0

@Whoyou13 it seems another player is having the issue as well.  If you would be able to share your graphics card, video card &/or system specs on that thread, see if there is something in common :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

QueryEverything

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Whoyou13

I am not complaining beside I am thankful for the progress and development. Well @QueryEverything said it is pretty though. Indeed it is. I will just assumed that the people like to throw the guts of the fish back into the river. hahahahaha

QueryEverything

Hahaha :)  Yeah, at least the colour turned pretty, and not Thames brown ;)  :D :D :D

calli74

Pink is better than a "honey river", now i'm making myself think of Cities skylines, which I should be playing cos I got the new DLC today, but I want to help debug these canals if it's at all possible for those of us on stoneage hardware. The hubby did say yesterday that around Christmas I can upgrade my graphic card (so need it for cities too). Posted my silver canal pic in the pink water thread.

RedKetchup

thanks you.

i let @Bartender working on this water code though....

personally i am working to redo ALL the canal pieces. the stupid moiré is starting to piss me off terribly. those canal were so bad. i was so terrible back in time ^^
hopefully he will find something to propose to fix the Australian Pink Water by the time i redo all the meshes.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

You are going to remake the canal meshes? Sounds like a big job.

Can we have some canal pieces with water at river level? I like the lower water level and as people have already said, it's not unrealistic to have lower water level. I think the lower level makes it visually interesting, too. But some river-level pieces would be great for joining canals to rivers. A gate with canal-level water on one side and river-level water on the other side would be good too. Also, a set of open canal gates. Then we can build locks.  :)

QueryEverything

Quote from: elemental on May 18, 2017, 07:43:27 PM
You are going to remake the canal meshes? Sounds like a big job.

Can we have some canal pieces with water at river level? I like the lower water level and as people have already said, it's not unrealistic to have lower water level. I think the lower level makes it visually interesting, too. But some river-level pieces would be great for joining canals to rivers. A gate with canal-level water on one side and river-level water on the other side would be good too. Also, a set of open canal gates. Then we can build locks.  :)

Oh, I really like that Lock idea @elemental :)  +1

RedKetchup

the biggest challenge in the remake is about how i do it and it comes from fitting all the pieced together. how it imbricates each other.

if i take my old ones , loaded in my 3dsMax , and i just overwrite the piece with a new one at the good spots where it should be .... i wouldnt worry about that.

about the water level... i will maybe make it go up a bit so it doesnt look too much difference.
i will also check to make AOs so the stones under water get darker.

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 18, 2017, 07:22:26 PMthe stupid moiré is starting to piss me off terribly.

:D

Well, I feel your canals are worth the upgrade you do now, even if it means a load of work for you (again)...  :(   :)

As for the pink stuff, if there is no easy solution - I'm already happy with the silver trick (thanks @Calli), I feel that with a little bit of photoshopping I can have at least my journal images presentable  ;)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Nirahiel

Is there a new version to this ?
I really like it, i even removed my steam version of NMT just to get this (and the forestry 4 in 1 thingy) but something is bugging me, we can't see the arrows of the canals with the ghost version of buildings. I understand that the ghost is just, well, a ghost version of the actual building and displaying arrows on the ghost would mean displaying arrows on the final buildings too, but is there a solution to prevent me from having to cancel a canal and rebuild it just because the arrow isn't pointing in the right direction ?

Also, is it possible to add a few more variations to intersection canals ?
Here's what I had in mind :
For the corners (L shape), make the water go diagonally instead of NS/EW, and edit the arrows on the blueprints accordingly.
For the 3 ways (T shape), we need 6 variations. Coming from the base (e.g. south) and leaving on each side (e.g. E and W), or coming from one branch and leaving on the other branch + the base. (2 branches, so 2 variations).
Also the same but in reverse, where the T isn't used to split the flow, but rather merge two canals into one. (Also make the water flow visually correct please ^^ )
Same deal with the 4 way intersection, with either input/output set as 1/3, or 2/2, or 3/1.

I'd love if you did that ^^

RedKetchup

no, there is no new version of this and i am not planning to update this. sorry.

and there is no way to know the direction of the flow before to put it on the ground. the only way would have been to include a HUGE 3d Blue arrow floating over the canal piece pointing at a direction. but a such 3D item would not go away and be struck all the game with all the blue arrows floating around the long of the canal... (like a exclamation mark foating over a quest giver...)

Nirahiel

I see. Well, too bad. Thanks for your answer anyway.
The trading boats can only arrive to a trading station on a canal if there is a way in and also a way out, following arrows ?
Or can they go against the direction of the arrows ?

brads3

the arrows are only for the look of how the water goes. the boats don't worry about that. they can even go up and down the same streams. as for update. it is updated to 1.07 item flags and some more options of textures and buildings. the arrows are hard to see. you can clear the ground of trees before laying 1 down. use the 1st as a guide to place others.you can layout the canal and then pause pieces  too. 

RedKetchup

yeah clear the zone first so you can see better. i know that can be hard at start, but you will get used to use those. as brads said, the water flow is only for look, merchants use them both way as they need.