News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

What is this blank entry in my trade post?...

Started by joey3155, July 24, 2017, 03:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

In complete agreeance with @TheOtherMicheal on this one :)

And the other way to look at it is as well - you will know it when you need it.
Meaning - when you go to build something that needs it, you will know what it is, and hopefully where it came from.  ;)

As for mod load order - I can not stress this enough, the information you were just given above TOMichael's isn't the most accurate, and I certainly wouldn't be following it.  It is no longer about whether or not you have colour warnings etc, it really comes down to how the modders have coded their mods, and their dependencies etc.

So - deep breath - so far for you - no crashes, just a rogue item.
If you want to find what it is, and it's not showing up and you've built all the items from your enabled mods, then it may be something else that you haven't come across yet (always a possibility).
You're now running on the correct DS version for your game type (without The North), and there's no issues, which is excellent.

So, just play on - and when you need that pesky item, you'll know what it is - and when you know you'll let us all know.
By now too - after swapping mods around a bit etc, it may not even show up.

I will keep an eye out for P-R items in Raw Materials & Finished Goods over the next fews days, if I find it, I will let you know as I run most of those mods. :D

--UPDATE-- 
Just checked, I have an item within the 'R' range that has 0 details, I loaded a fresh map, debugged to view all in the Town Hall and there it was.
I also have a couple in the A, but that doesn't match with the complaint that @joey3155 has.

So - narrowing it down:  R, Raw Materials - Finished Goods Traders, from the mods he has listed.
Next step - building all the buildings I guess. 
I am unable to do so this evening though.  :(

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

grammycat

After a few trials and much checking, I think I found your culprit.  I also had the same thing with an item missing-it was reindeer hide between reeds and rice.  It's in the DS Small Homes mod.  They added reindeer tents for those who play Tom Sawyer's The North mod where the deer are changed to reindeer.  As long as you don't try to build reindeer tents you shouldn't have any problems.

QueryEverything

@grammycat I can confirm, I loaded my game & did a quick check, all items show as available except Reindeer hide - so, @joey3155 I think Grammy got it for you :D

Team work! ;)

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

TheOtherMicheal

I also use the DS Small Houses mod so out of curiousity, I have to ask, do you remember the trade price for those reindeer hides?
Would it have been 10 units?
If it is, then you've solved my missing name/icon as well.  :)

grammycat

Yes, the price is 10.  I checked it using Debug mod.  First start new town with DS Small Homes enabled.  Pause your game-open Debug-click the star to show all resources.  Then click add textiles to storage area & check your barn-you will see 2 reindeer hides.  On Debug click free to build & build a town hall and trading post.  In town hall you will see a blank space between reeds and rice showing 2 items.  Go to trading post & add the 2 blank items to it like you're going to use them to trade-check value and it will be 10.  Thus reindeer hides is your blank item.

TheOtherMicheal

@grammycat thanks for the information, much appreciated. Considering I bought some when I was trying to figure out what the blank item was, maybe I should build some reindeer  hide tents to use them up!  ;D

adelegarland

Wow, thanks all for figuring this out.  I have the same blank and have been wondering what it was...   One more question, where do you get the reindeer hides if not from the trader?  Who specifically hunts the reindeer and from what mod are the coming?   I must have a part of this mod but not all of it...  Any help would be appreciated!!! ;D
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

grammycat

The reindeer hides are from Tom Sawyer's mod The North.  Discrepancy added the ability to make reindeer hide tents in DS Small Homes for those who use the North mod.  Without that mod I guess you buy them from the traders.  The North mod is like playing a different game-it changes so many things and is a real challenge.  These changes all affect start conditions so you need to read about it to know what mods it works well with.
http://www.banishedventures.com/north/

Nilla's testing village blog:  http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1404.0

edited to add:  Forgot to add the deer are changed to reindeer in the North mod.

joey3155

Thank you Grammy! I'm currently testing to see if that's the missing one for me but I'm almost sure it is just confirming it. But I have another problem I tried to setup some bakeries and a windmill cause I liked the idea of bread it reminded me of Valkyria Chronicles (I need to replay that game) in anycase I went to build water pumps they produce 32 water and then never produce again. From what I can tell it's because they're not picking the items up from the building and so it gets clogged up.

QueryEverything

@joey3155 depending on the mod, the water is tagged as food (in some mods), so you will need to make sure that you have ample food storage that is close to the well, and that you have a high enough food cap on the limits :)

Is it happening to all the water wells, or just the one? Have you tried building more than 1? 

joey3155

No it's happening to all the wells. And I have a lot of spare food storage and the food cap is almost double what the actual amount is (Cause I'm increasing the size of my nest egg).

RedKetchup

if you use the fountain mod, or any of this guy, you will need to put them at the botton of your list, because they tag the water as non-edible
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

joey3155

So the mystery material is definitely reindeer hides (wonder why it's blank)

Also the water issue I think I fixed. I did what Red Ketchup said and moved fountain to the bottom of the list, I placed NMT above DS mods, and I started building random storage units until I found one that the laborers will take the water to. For some strange reason even though Banished labels water as food it does not take it to any of the storage barns that are capable of storing food nor does it take it to the markets (probably cause it's not in storage) however the general warehouse will store it which is fine with me. Sitting here watching the water pump and medieval watertowers produce water, albeit slowly, and they're now starting to pick it up and take it to storage.

brads3

did you try putting the north mod higher in mod order? is your water being stored in houses at all? sounds like you have a mod that tagged the water inedible.so even though it is food it doesn,t get used as food by the bannies nor will it store as normal food.you definetly want a 1.07 upgraded general barn to back storage up with the new tags. and try not to let the general storage pile get full either. that will stop the bannies from clearing for new buildings.

TheOtherMicheal

Quote from: joey3155 on September 29, 2017, 09:30:43 AM
So the mystery material is definitely reindeer hides (wonder why it's blank)
I believe it's blank because the DS mod does not include the icon or name for the hides. That's because as far as I remember, Discrepancy included the data in his mod so that it would be compatible with The North but it relies on The North for the icon and name.