News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Inaccessible Icons

Started by Kimbolton, August 28, 2017, 12:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimbolton

Does anyone else have an issue with toolbars running off the screen so that you can't click on the icons?

Below I have clicked on the Garden Walls toolbar. It runs off the screen on the left so I can't access the gate icon. This happens with other items too. Wondering if there is a fix. 

Also if I accidentally click on the full non scrolling professions list I have to just exit out of the game as I can't remove it because the minimize option is off the screen. 

embx61

The community Icon is on the second row and because of that way more to the middle of the screen.

Is this a mod what creates a double row? If so disable it and the community icon going to be almost all the way to the right.

If it is a standard thing the game creates a double row then you have to get rid of one mod so you have one icon less and this will move the community icon to the first row.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on August 28, 2017, 12:21:37 PMIs this a mod what creates a double row?

I think Banished has only room for 18 icons (or so), then it will make a second row... didn't we have mods around that stretch the base tool bar? Maybe in one of Discrepancy's UI mods...

EDIT

QuoteAlso if I accidentally click on the full non scrolling professions list I have to just exit out of the game as I can't remove it because the minimize option is off the screen.

Just hit one of the default shortcuts - 1,2,3,4,5... one of them should close the professions list  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

Kimbolton

Thanks to you both. :) I will download it now.

I can also see now that Kid's Colonial Houses Mod has it's own icon (the bell) on the top row. So I must have that doubled up in my mod folder as it is also under his mods in the community toolbar so I can get rid of the separate icon and that should move the community mods up to the top. Don't know why I didn't notice that before.

Kimbolton

Oh and now I see Kid's Forest Outpost Mod is up there too. (slaps forehead). I must love Kid's Mods so much I have them twice! :)

embx61

LOL

It is all Kids fault  :P

So this will fix it if those double mods are gone.

But if you ever run into more then 18 icons you can always use DS mod as it can take 30 icons on one row :)

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on August 28, 2017, 01:17:36 PMIt is all Kids fault

Tehehe... Yes!  :D

But anyway, that's one of the reasons I love the community bar so much - it really helps to "tame" the base toolbar  :)

RedKetchup

you way too many icons there ..... all the red X need to disappear ^^
and the community icon should be near the right screen edge.

the community icon has been placed just side of remove icon, all the other between services and remove are bad placement and push the community on the 2nd bar.
if at least those would have been placed after it, the community would go right it should be.

but the good news, the very old RK icon should disappear ^^
and all the [CC] icons will get soon inside the community toolbar too :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Since we're at it - there is another little weird thing...  ::)

Let's say you have plenty sub toolbars open (like in OP's screenshot) - now if they overlap a default UI element (e.g. minimap, or a trade window etc.), then you click right through the toolbar into that element... meaning you click on an icon in the toolbar, but instead of opening that item it will punch right through and hit the UI element below it...

This does not happen with regular bars and UI windows - they always target the one that is on top... I guess there is some sort of priority queue to determine which item is really "on top" - did you ever see anything like this in the code?

It's only a minor annoyance (one has to move the UI window out of the bar's way), but maybe there is an easy fix...  :)

embx61

Did you hear anything from Black Liquid that the CC icons go into the community bar?

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on August 28, 2017, 01:50:41 PM

It's only a minor annoyance (one has to move the UI window out of the bar's way), but maybe there is an easy fix...  :)

no i didnt saw anything about priority in the toolbar codes

Quote from: embx61 on August 28, 2017, 01:52:54 PM
Did you hear anything from Black Liquid that the CC icons go into the community bar?

yeah i got news from K yesterday and he asked me a set of icons like we use but with a lovely "blue" [CC] icon :)

so it will come with time :)

embx61

Did kral mentioned they still go further with developing CC?

Good news indeed if that is the case and that BL comes out of MIA.

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on August 28, 2017, 02:03:47 PM
Did kral mentioned they still go further with developing CC?

Good news indeed if that is the case and that BL comes out of MIA.

he plans to split and make some more standalone pieces first

Kimbolton

Quoteyou way too many icons there ..... all the red X need to disappear ^^
and the community icon should be near the right screen edge.

I am working on it now. :)

When I started playing again there was so much added that I just threw everything in the mix and sighed with relief when everything showed up in game and worked. I don't know how to remove the CC Icons (refined, precious, luxury) at this time but if they are going into the community toolbar that will solve that issue. I have cleaned it up enough that the community toolbar is now on the top row at right though.  I will get it straightened out eventually.