News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Recoloring buildings from the vanilla game

Started by galensgranny, September 04, 2017, 11:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

I was wondering if it is an easy thing to just change the color of buildings in the original games.  Something like "clone" the original and then change the color codes.

What I really, really would like is the stone houses in the original game in a lighter gray color.  I don't know how to mod but maybe someone who knows how would be willing to do such a thing.  The original stone house building and it's variants are nice in design, but not the color. 

An extra nice thing would be not just one lighter color, but maybe a different choice of stone types, such as modders have been doing with other buildings. 

But, at least, if someone would be willing to make the original stone house a lighter shade of gray I, and likely other players, would be very grateful.

RedKetchup

the problem we have, we dont have the original .png that the developper used.
and since we dont have it... we dont know where are the pixels of the parts of the building inside the .png

it would need an directX hack program to pull out the stored images of the RAM(random access memory) and save them into a files.

i put as an attachement, the one provided by the developper for the apiary example.
as you will see... not easy to define and imagine parts for being replace :)

we would need a copy of the files.

and better, we would greatly need the meshes(3D model) too to make it easier ^^

i tried my best to reproduce them in the NMT Little housing mod with an awesome texture replacement. (the OldWood one)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

galensgranny

Oh, that is too bad that the original files aren't available.  I used to play The Sims and the files were available so people could easily recolor anything when they wanted a different color.  Even I could do it!  I was hoping things might that easy with this game, but not so. 

I really like your NMT little houses and use them. You did a great job with them! 

It sure is a lot of work to mod this game, so hats off to all the modders!

Bartender

If you want, there's a free program called texmod. I've used this before to get some textures from the game, and it's relatively simple to use :). You can just find it on google.

galensgranny

That Texmod program seems interesting, Bartender.  I'll check it out.

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on September 10, 2017, 11:14:07 AM
That Texmod program seems interesting, Bartender.  I'll check it out.

i tried but nothing happends :S

embx61

Same here.

I do what some tutorials say to do and when I click Run an error pops up with the word DOH!!
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on September 10, 2017, 05:19:35 PM
Same here.

I do what some tutorials say to do and when I click Run an error pops up with the word DOH!!

cause you selected 64bits, take the 32bits.

embx61

embx61

Got it to work and got some textures from the game.

Red, you must go to Logging Mode and select the 32 Application as you told me.

Hit run and it start the game.
My virus scanner went of and blocked the application but it is a false positive because that program messes with the momory so the virus scanner thinks it's a malware virus. I just told my virus scanner it was okay and run it the next time and then it worked.

Then with the - and + key you can go throught all the textures. If you see one what you like click Enter and it save the texture.

I could see that the textures for Iron and Stone are just 256x256 so we can resize them in out terrain mods :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on September 10, 2017, 05:46:36 PM
My virus scanner went of and blocked the application but it is a false positive because that program messes with the momory so the virus scanner thinks it's a malware virus. I just told my virus scanner it was okay and run it the next time and then it worked.

Then with the - and + key you can go throught all the textures. If you see one what you like click Enter and it save the texture.

my avast told me nothing!
gonna close it and retry

RedKetchup

i dunno i press the - + enter and i see nothing , nothing pop up as you say. i see nothing
i press in game, i press at this textmod open... nothing.

can you save everything and make .zip ?

embx61

Not sure but I think I read somewhere that running through steam can give some problems.

Your settings are the same as me.

You want everything? 587 textures according to that program. Lots are AO maps to.

Shall see how many I can capture as the second time I used the program it still said 587 textures but when I reached 250 or so ithe counter went back to 112  ::)

But I will try it again and save as much as I can and zip them up

At least now we know some sizes too. Like the Stone and Iron what lays on the ground are only 128x128.

RedKetchup

not really need the AOs ... but things like door, walls, roof, and others are fine :)

embx61

Okay, I will get on it in a minute after feeding the cats.