News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Banished v1.0.7 Released

Started by RedKetchup, September 13, 2017, 10:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Quote from: brads3 on September 16, 2017, 08:50:30 AMproduction chains haven't been used much here @ WOB.

Well, that should not become a hindrance LOL... chains are nice, as long as they don't become convoluted monsters where you need to build three additional buildings and get exotic materials to gain one new product... Like what is discussed now - build a smelter in order to pocess ore into iron, and that's that. Easy enough, I think  :)

Quoteinstead of tearing down and upgrading buildings,we could make options.

Sure, there are different ways to get there. To me, a way to replace a building exactly in the original spot with a higher quality construction is appealing, but I'm not dead set on that...  :)

Quotethere must be a gain to give reason to do processed foods.since it doesn't rot or spoil like plain foods,the output should be more than input.

Agreed, that's why I want various processing facilities - not to produce export goods, but to feed more peeps with the food I grow (and process)... to me, that would encompass everything - crops, orchards, livestock.

There was once a zCorpMasher made - actually quite perfect, except it got foodstuff out of thin air... if something like that could be modded with real food, you'd have your "mixer"   :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

brads3

until you told me a while back i thought the zmasher did mix ingredients.i didn't overuse it and used it as a starter to higher end processing.we learn as we go.

Paeng

Quote from: brads3 on September 16, 2017, 12:08:54 PMused it as a starter

Well, it does have a really cool model, for a town kitchen or such... once in a while I still use it, just for the look, no workers...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Gatherer

Quote from: Paeng on September 16, 2017, 11:45:06 AM
Quote from: brads3 on September 16, 2017, 08:50:30 AMthere must be a gain to give reason to do processed foods.since it doesn't rot or spoil like plain foods,the output should be more than input.

Agreed, that's why I want various processing facilities - not to produce export goods, but to feed more peeps with the food I grow (and process)... to me, that would encompass everything - crops, orchards, livestock.

I'd like that too but only if the output processed food is worth only 1 trade value so it doesn't become a trade good.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

AzemOcram

Eventually, modders will flock to Forest Village since it is still being supported and more of its AI is open to modding. Eventually modding for Banished will diminish. The Black Liquid team wants to make their own game.

I will try to make early modern era (Rennaissance and colonial) housing for Forest Village once I buy the game.

How many of you continued to play SimCity 3000 once SimCity 4 was released?

catty-cb

Quote from: AzemOcram on September 17, 2017, 12:16:34 PM
...How many of you continued to play SimCity 3000 once SimCity 4 was released?

I've still got SimCity 3000 installed on my computer and its great to finally have an electronic disk version of the game as it was starting to get really difficult to play it using the CD's

Abandoned

:) More often than not the sequels are not as good or as well liked as the originals.  Many times they are a disappointment.  There are many good old game.