News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Making lumber

Started by galensgranny, September 15, 2017, 11:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

See above :)

Work required 2 Work time 4. Why so low don't ask me but a majority want everything easy  :P  :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Necora

I put an input of 4 logs, output of 4:5 lumber. Work time 4, work required 2. This is for the sherbrooke mill, the largest one I made. I think that is equivilent of the CC large mill.

Then, smaller 'basic' work shops have a work time and work required of 10, I think similar to the CC sawpit.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Necora on September 17, 2017, 07:14:37 PM
I put an input of 4 logs, output of 4:5 lumber. Work time 4, work required 2. This is for the sherbrooke mill, the largest one I made. I think that is equivilent of the CC large mill.

Then, smaller 'basic' work shops have a work time and work required of 10, I think similar to the CC sawpit.

ok so you guys have some different numbers....
so i guess i can put my numbers... like maybe ... 5 logs for 4-5 lumbers for 6 working units ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Necora

My numbers might be old for CC though, that was made when they were on 1.6 so perhaps it was changed for 1.7.

It would be good to have a consensus, but I don't mind what you chose ;)

embx61

From the CC spreadsheet 1.76. all the inputs/outputs are the same for all.

Lumber Yard   (Maximum Workers = 2; Work Required = 4; Work Time = 4)                  
Sawmill   (Maximum Workers = 3; Work Required = 2; Work Time = 4)                  
Waterwheel Sawmill   (Maximum Workers = 3; Work Required = 2; Work Time = 4)                  

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Necora

Well why don't we go with that?

RedKetchup

so i did test a full year at :

3 workers on a limit of 3
5 logs = 4/5 lumber
3 work units required for a float time of 4 ...

they can go* through over 1500 logs over a year lol
note that i never made or used any lumbermill before today ^^ but you arent careful... you can lose a stockpile of 2000 logs... in matter of a year hehe

Necora

That is a lot of lumber... I was going to replace wood with lumber in building construction, but even then you can build 50 houses or so in a year (provided you have the wood). I would like it slower I think...

I like your lumber models btw.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Necora on September 17, 2017, 08:10:11 PM

I like your lumber models btw.

thanks you , i even added some details :)
like the trunk with the handsaw and some lumber next to the building..

Abandoned

@RedKetchup , please tell me that all these beautiful buildings you are making are not going to require a production chain of lumber? If all the great new sets are going to require iron ore production and lumber chains I think Banished will soon be losing more member. 

And please no one tell me "if you don't like it don't use it"   I won't.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on September 18, 2017, 04:37:48 AM
@RedKetchup , please tell me that all these beautiful buildings you are making are not going to require a production chain of lumber? If all the great new sets are going to require iron ore production and lumber chains I think Banished will soon be losing more member. 

And please no one tell me "if you don't like it don't use it"   I won't.

no it require a couple of stone, and some wood. around same price as all the other district to be built. (32 wood, 6 stones)

this building purpose is to be able to get lumber from logs with a building that doesnt require lumber from merchant to be built.
this is for the people who need lumbers in order to build some buildings that require lumber in the material requirement. for example, some of Necora and CC buildings.

if you dont need lumber in your game, this lumbermill is totally optional.

Abandoned

:) good to know, thanks Red, I would hate not to be able to use your great new NMT buildings, they are fantastic.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on September 18, 2017, 04:50:10 AM
:) good to know, thanks Red, I would hate not to be able to use your great new NMT buildings, they are fantastic.

not planning for the moment to make buildings that need lumbers.

Abandoned

Paeng

Quote from: Abandoned on September 18, 2017, 04:37:48 AMrequire iron ore production and lumber chains I think Banished will soon be losing more member.

That's a quite daring assumption...  :)

Anyway - what's the big problem? For ore all you need is a smelter. And for lumber a sawmill... Two simple buildings without much of a chain, but a lot more realistic play.

And it's already been discussed to supply low-level or cheap versions for easy startups.  ;)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]