Main Menu

DS Bryce's Butcher v1.0

Started by Discrepancy, December 25, 2017, 02:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

DS Bryce's Butcher
v1.0 --  25 Dec 2017

adds 3 building options (all buildings are same model):
  • Bryce's Beef Butchery  - this Bryce's butcher will process Beef only. 8-11 Prime Meat Cut + 3-5 Offal Cuts will be made from approx 10 Beef. Butchery requires 89 work to build.
  • Bryce's Mutton Butchery  - this Bryce's butcher will process Mutton only. 8-11 Prime Meat Cut + 3-5 Offal Cuts will be made from approx 10 Mutton. Butchery requires 89 work to build.
  • Bryce's Venison Butchery  - this Bryce's butcher will process Venison only. 8-11 Prime Meat Cut + 3-5 Offal Cuts will be made from approx 10 Venison. Butchery requires 89 work to build.
Employs 1-2 Butchers.

Download from here.

Change Log:

v1.0  - Initial release  -  25Dec2017  -  .zip = 1,438 KB (1.40 MB)

Stringtable download: DSBrycesButcherStringTable.rsc
(for translation modding)

Robsan

Great!
I love you mods!!
Look very realistic :D
You're awesome

galensgranny

Very nice!  Thanks for making us more things for the game!  :)

Maldrick

Yes, thank you!  Building is beautiful. Just love that style.

Having not had a chance to play with it, are the offal cuts food?  Or will there be another use for them?
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Discrepancy

Food they are. Value 1. I have written code for new recipes at the DSSV kitchens and bakery for a patch mod, just have to finalize it. I've also got a few other ideas for its use.

Maldrick

"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Maldrick

Just a heads up...I played a short game last night with just this and one other mod loaded just to check them out.  Noticed that the butcher inventory goes negative at points.
I'm guessing it's completing a batch of production with low inventory and instead of stopping short when it hits the end it completes the full batch and charges ahead for the missing raw meat.  I know I saw -1 and -4 a couple of times. Maybe -2 at one point?  I used the Mutton and Venison versions but not beef. Not sure about Mutton but I know I saw this with the Venison ones I built.

Didn't seem to affect anything, just wanted to bring it to your attention in case it wasn't intended.

Also, just curious as to why you went for separate buildings for each as opposed to a pull down menu for the recipes?  It's great the way it is, just curious what the difference is.

It's a lovely addition. :)  Thank you again!

Discrepancy

Unfortunately the way the mod kit allows production at buildings allows only one thing to be made from an item if you can select the input.
So for the butcher to output 2 different items (prime meat cut/offal meat cut) from 1 single input (beef/mutton/venison) you need separate buildings for each input.

:)

Maldrick

Gotcha, thank you.  Thought there might be something like that and was just curious.

Learned something new this morning. :)

taniu

@Discrepancy :D Thank you for the wonderful mod. Regards