News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Is there any mod that will let me move the main toolbar?

Started by Snacko, January 01, 2018, 02:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snacko

I have a triple screen setup and the toolbar is way over on the bottom/right.  If it is possible, I would like to move it closer to the center.

I looked through the List of mods and even did a text search but didnt' see anything that might help.

Thanks,
Snacko

RedKetchup

we cannot move it , nor we cannot setup a new toolbar. thats an integrated and invisible part of the game which we dont have access.  :(
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Snacko

Discrepancy

Might be in luck...
I know I can alter it to be on the bottom left of the screen. I will try after work to make it sit in the middle.

Discrepancy

Luke obviously used the toolbar to hide a glitch, part of the death notifications.

RedKetchup

wow you found something somewhere ? i  thought it was hidden somewhere.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Maldrick

"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Discrepancy

still struggling. for some reason the 2nd level toolbar buttons are always further away to the left, some longer ones will go out of screen (on my monitor):

Tom Sawyer

That's because all sub toolbars follow the "bottomCenter" property as well. The game seems to calculate it from the position of the parent button to the left of the screen and puts it in center. BottomLeft works better. How made you disappear this death toolbar and is it still working when a citizen dies? Cannot find it in the UI codes.

Snacko

Thanks for taking a look into this guys.  Really appreciate it.  My res is 5760 x 1080 and this mod would be great.

Do you think the sub-toolbars position as a percentage of the main toolbar from the right?  The more you move the main toolbar, the more the sub-toolbars move?  Even just moving it 1/3 from the right would help.

Here's what my screen looks like now:

Discrepancy

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 02, 2018, 02:34:24 AM
That's because all sub toolbars follow the "bottomCenter" property as well. The game seems to calculate it from the position of the parent button to the left of the screen and puts it in center. BottomLeft works better. How made you disappear this death toolbar and is it still working when a citizen dies? Cannot find it in the UI codes.

The death toolbar is easy too.
Only 2 edits to achieve what this mod does:

puts the game toolbar in middle of screen.
Dialog/ToolBar.rsc:main
RibbonDescription main
{
Alignment _alignment = BottomCenter; //was BottomRight
bool _vertical = true;
ElementDescription _elements
[
"toolBar"
]
}

moves the notifications to middle of screen
Dialog/EventNotify.rsc:content
GroupDescription content
{
Alignment _alignment = BottomCenter; //was BottomRight
int _rightPad = 0;
ElementDescription _elements
[
"ribbonNotify"
]
}

notifications seem to work okay:

I have not had a chance to play much more with it so have packaged it into a beta version 01, download below. (the mod will not have an icon but a black square when loaded)

But a warning! only for higher resolutions.
I myself cannot use it and parts of menus go out of view (my resolution is 1920x1080)

Tom Sawyer

Ah, its EventNotify.. Now the sub toolbars need to be tamed. But so far I see no way to bring them to center. They probably will spread over his left screen. I found the idea quite nice, reminded me of other games.

Snacko

Thanks.  That is much better than before.  Much easier to use.  If you cannot get those sub-toolbars nearer to the center this is still better. 

Thanks.   ;D ;D ;D