News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Lumbers continued

Started by kid1293, January 03, 2018, 09:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

The discussion around lumber made me think.
If there is such need for an 'extra step' when building, people will need lumbermills.
I found an interesting sawmill from Sweden :) and decided to have a go at it.
It turned out really nice.

My question: Is there a need for a mod dedicated to the lumber trade?
If so, what will it contain?

adelegarland

That's cool... I think there is a lumber chain in Necora'a Pine set and in Red's stuff.  you could just release it for use with those! 
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

Turis

Your mil could be used to produce lumber for building, kindling(firewood) for warmth and splinterwood for roads.

Nilla

That's a cool building! And your mod looks very like it. Well done! I've never seen anything like this and things like these do interest me (in life). From where is it? My guess that's from a place with only little water, like Öland.

kid1293

Here is a link to that particular photo. There are several others from preserved buildings.
An outdoor museum.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/117907497

@Turis - right now it is producing lumber and firewood. You choose which. I actually
borrowed the idea from Discrepancy's waterdriven lumbermill. I also use the same
resources to be compatible. I can release it as it is, no use in 'inventing' more things. :)
Wish I could make animation to have logs come floating on the river. :)

galensgranny

What an interesting looking mill!  Yours looks just like it!  :)

Regarding your question, Kid, about other things to go with it, some more nice houses and buildings that could be made to need lumber. 

RedKetchup

wow this building you created is really ... very special !
very exclusive !

so much skills !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Kristahfer

Fantastic work on the lumber mill. Mods are becoming playable artwork. Great great work.

elemental

That's certainly a unique and impressive building. I wonder why the real-world building has sails in such an unusual shape.

Will you be changing any of your buildings to use lumber, @kid1293 ?

kid1293

Quote from: elemental on January 03, 2018, 01:18:20 PM
Will you be changing any of your buildings to use lumber, @kid1293 ?

No :)

I can't say I never will but probably not.

pappa

Very nice wow you are talented

Turis

@kid1293 You don't have to do anything, but, provide the building. Each modder could use it for whatever they want.

Maldrick

Very nice, @kid1293 .  Looks just like the pic!

One nice thing about lumber mills, even if you aren't using tons of lumber or at all, is it trades the same as firewood but sits under a different limit.  The mills themselves have a tendency to not be as efficient as choppers so the value of using it for trade is up to player preference, but it's there nonetheless.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Tom Sawyer

Great work, Kid! This modern comfort is eagerly awaited by the hard working Nordic settlers. They urgently need help with making firewood.^^

kid1293

So be it!

It is in upload. I am glad you did not throw tons of ideas at me. :)