News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES: OSSER #7

Started by brads3, January 11, 2018, 11:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on February 16, 2018, 06:42:52 AM
our oldest is now 85 and still trapping rabbits and foxes from the thatch meadow.

nothing better than experience :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

YEAR 45

a hauler brings tools and firewood for our mead and a little marble.guess the industrial workers up river were thirsty.having extra tools and firewood will help.the baker never shows up all year.we wonder what happened to him.there have been several merchants hauling crafted,clothing,and ales.we did manage to trade rootbeer for thatch.we are well stocked for the winter.

the Bernies are busy clearing a 20x20 pasture for the beef cows.a dock workshop is needed to make ropes for the tobacco dryer.the south meadow has enough fodder for a new stable barn.we did add 2 houses total for the year.
      another farmer died of old age.though we put many to work,we have 20 laborers again due to graduates.2 are sent to the salt mine.hopefully the weather is better and we can get more done faster next year.

pic 1:beef pasture
pic 2: stable #2

brads3

YEAR 46

a perfumery,barn,and a FO.cabin will be added to the south meadow.the road will be extended.another well will be needed for the perfume and then new greenhouse can be added.
     soon after the perfume shop was built,Nickie passed away.she was proud to see Fernies' ranch expand.her son had moved across the stream and worked the thatch meadow.her daughter and grandchildren had stayed at the meadow and continued her husbands dream.sadly she passed away before cows could be added.her and Fernie had came here lost and now their ranch had 2 meadows,2 stables,an apiary,florist,horses,rabbits,and chickens.

a grocery merchant takes 400 marble.we add cherry and cucumbers.with this trade,we do need to increase our food limit.the protein merchant wanted mead.the 800 fish will be sent to our salter.the 4 traders are kept busy moving goods.
      there were 2 deaths. 1 of old age and 1 during child birth.the doctor was able to save the child but not the mother.

though it may look slow,i do think leeping the laborers working in 1 area got more done faster.next year they will need to work somewhere else.

pic 1: perfumery,
pic 2: clearing for road

brads3

YEAR 47

this spring ,the workers head to the east fields.a dryer for the tobacco and more storage is needed.a new house will be added.there are lots of rocks to be cleared by the fields also.by fall, a worker will be sent to gather reeds. they can be bundled to burn or used with feathers to make survival coats.

soon after his 88th birthday,the old trapper passed away.many had wondered if he would make it to 90.he was buried next to his wife.one of his grandchildren took over trapping.

a boatload of miners got lost.they had missed the large ports up river in the dark.a storm must have blew out all the torches,so they never saw the towns.the 47 nomads dried off and then headed back up river early the next morning.

during the summer i took time to check on the mixed forest.the trees are starting to produce nuts.there are many young trees growing.the foresters will plant them for another year.then the chesnut forester can switch to apples.some will claim you will have a dropoff in outputs without a forester working constantly.with the immortal tree mod and the forget orchard mod,i don't see a hard dropoff.some years are better than others due to weather.the new trees take a few years to produce, since they are forests and not orchards.the pear forester did rotate to the grapes and then maple and back to pears.as he does this the young trees have tome to grow and produce.overall the total output has increased.all with less workers than leaving a forester on each forest all the time.putting 2 workers on a hunter or gatherer doesn't seem to double the outputs.2 will collect more than 1 but not twice as much. 2 different workplaces will produce more than 2 workers on 1 spot and usually double. plus if there is a food shortage,you have the option of instantly doubling workers at gather or hunter huts and increasing the food quickly.

the greengrocer returns for more marble. he brings sweet potatoes,turnips,watermelons,and some turnips.we gladly add another 4400 worth of food to our barns.

the NMTers took to building a larger windmill. they will grind barley for now, and hope for wheat seeds.there is enough marble stored to swap a worker.they have processed enough sugar that they will soon need a bakery to produce sugar cookies.

pic 1:tobacco dryer
pic 2: rock and roads cleared.
pic 3: CC windmill added to NMT village.though more universal than the 1 in the main village,it does not grind rice.will grind corn,barley,wheat,and sorghum into flour.

pic 4: growth of the chesnut and walnut trees in the mixed forest.to the right by the white birch,you can see several newly planted trees.

brads3

YEAR 48

the company merchant finally returns in the spring. he brings live chickens and peaches.he did have pecan seeds,but we don't need them.we order more domestic animals and wheat,oat,and vegetable seeds.hopefully,it doesn't take him so long to return.

we have a busy year planned. add 5 houses and workplaces.the Bernies want a butcher for the beef and a crop field.NMTers are busy with a bakery.the south ranch,is clearing a pasture for the 2nd stable barn.we also need another butcger to process more ducks.

Wow,the company merchant returned very quickly. in the fall,he brings the animals,wheat,blueberry,and vegetable seeds.our marble will pay off.he takes 1400 marble and some mead and pipe tobacco for the production towns up river.

construction hit a slight snag just as snow began to fall.the 5th house is a older CC wigwam. as such it needs indian artifacts to upgrade it from a decoration.otherwise everything went well. we do need to build fences for the pastures next year.for now both butchers are working on ducks.

we use our crop rotation and switch a village tomatoe to vegetables and a Bernies pepper field to blueberries.a wheat field will have to be cleared to the north by spring.it will be another busy year for sure.

the bakker sent supplies in the winter.to use up stock,we take on 3500 baked goods including 300 cakes.he is happy with the 500 items we traded. he now has clothes,perfumes,and mead to trade to other villages.

pic 1:Bernies beef butcher
pic 2: 2nd duck butcher
pic 3:NMT bakery
pic 4:decoration wigwam.the frontier mod add-on didn't change this 1 to a functioning house.

Nilla

Finally I got my maps! :) Now I can find my way!

brads3

Nilla

I know that I´m behind, but I wanted to tell anyway. :)

brads3

YEAR 49

we have fences,a new dairy barn and a vegetable sorter to build.we have so many flowers,a 2nd perfumery will be built.whenever the laborers get time they work to extend roads and supply materials for more houses.we built several storage barns also.

a merchant did take some marble and perfumes giving us tools,firewood,thatch,and some iron.with all the construction,the NMTers report they are low on iron and completely out of lumber.they had talked and made deals with various merchants for building supplies.no merchant has brought lumber in a few years though.

pic 1:dairy stables and a pasture. the stables does need to be fed corn.
pic 2: veggy sorter just behind the tannery.
pic 3: more houses added to the east fields.
pic 4:stable barn storage.

Nilla

It´s good, that you have these noice absorbing fences around the chicken! They could be really loud! ;)

brads3

loud isn't the problem. i don't want them getting out. course then i trained them not to run away and left the back open so they can get water.LOL.  fencing with low cow fences sure wouldn't look right.in RL chickens will go back to the coop at night by themself.

brads3

YEAR 50 REVIEW

population 361 in 87 houses.education up to 69%.as our bannies have aged and we stopped accepting nomads,the population growth has slowed.even so,we are 7 houses less than we should be and need at least 6 workplaces.our food outputs continue to increase.
      we have expanded more farming to the east.the south forest has added a  mixed forest of nuts and apples.the Bernies now have a full beef pasture and butcher,along with their own school.Fernies ranch now has a dairy pasture and functioning dairy stables.there are 2 perfume shops and an apiary.the NMTers now process sugar,ketchup, and bake cookies.the marble has been traded to give us many seeds and livestock.we now have dairy cows,beef,and chickens.

we started out as a group of mountain men with some indian wives with hopes of building a trapping and hunting village.surrounded by meadows and then forests.we have worked with the land and hills.Fernie's ranch and the Bernies did help expand our meadows.
       the NMters and factory nomads took us in a different direction by building a city to the north.those NMTers are resourceful and you never know what they will do next.they continue to tell stories of faraway places with waterfalls,fish farms,and huge fancy cities.they even tell of places where it snows constantly but people live there making bricks or mining for gold and silver.
       our children talk of going off to explore and search for such places or adventures.the elders always remind them of how balanced our weather is here.we are not freezing all year log,there are no bad wind storms like near the ocean,nor does the sun burn our crops.even the hills protect us from tornados.the children can dream during the winter. we try to keep them busy when spring arrives so they don't waunder away too far.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: 50yr food graph
pic 4 and 5: inventory

brads3

YEAR 50

work begins on a lumber mill.the NMTers explained they can build better with it.we do have plenty of logs.once the lumber mill is working,the laborers will head to the forest and meadows,gathering stone and iron ore.we need wharehouse space toward the forest so they don't have to be carried so far.
      we are well balanced.there is more duck,flowers, and fertilizer than we can use.otherwise we aren't overproducing anything.

we take on over 6000 food in a trade just to move some marble and rootbeer.we also trade 200 marble for 4 pigs.

the Bernies were busy. they added a small townhall to keep organized and a beekeeper. to work theor meadow.they added a bar-b-q grill near the Pilgrim's rest to supply meals.they will need another potato field to put it to use,however.the NMTers build a huge townhall with the lumber.once the mill put out 100 lumber,it was used to cut firewood.

pic 1:sawmill
pic 2:Bernies tiny townhall by the bar-b-q grill
pic 3: north townhall

brads3

YEAR 51

we send the workers to clear a pasture for the pigs.this will extend the Bernie village toward the west lake.with the beef pasture full,the butcher and grill can start using it.the bernies add a mini butcher to cut deer roasts.it takes til winter but the roads got extended also.
     we make a few good trades this year. we add 2 seeds and 2000 wheat.this will keep the traders moving marble.we take on some extra firewood and thatch.

the NMters build a candle facory to use the beeswax.the library will be lit at night for the children top read.plus candles are handy for mines so they can be traded easily.they also added some fencinf near the windmill to keep people from walking into the blades.

having several options for townhalls is a handy tool.instead of having to jump around the map,you can grab the close townhall to check inventory and adjust production.with so many items, it is quite handy to have 1 list alphabetically.here it worked nicely to use a different 1 in each village.the rowhouse "office" townhall is handy for production or mining areas especially with the matching houses.KID allows you to place more than 1 of these.

pic 1:candle shop
pic 2:clearing pig pasture besides the beef.

Nilla

I can see the point in several townhalls. I seldom do build more than one but I agree, that sometimes it make sense to have several.