Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Decorative Plants

Started by Voeille, May 27, 2018, 02:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

I am using Direct X 11.

Voeille

Does it work fine if you switch to DX9 in the game settings?

kid1293

Using custom material has sometimes shown to produce errors on certain graphics cards.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1725.0

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2266.0

Both these threads are about water but uses custom material files. Maybe it is related to
this shadow problem.

wiscoke

I only have it with the trees.

kid1293

Yes, but the material Voeille is using is not 'standard' and we have no guidebook how all settings
actually work. It is very much trial-and-error. Some settings are really game breaking.
Like the pink water described in one of the links in my last post.
Maybe adding/removing things from vanilla material files can upset a graphic card.

Voeille

That must be the problem indeed, despite the fact I didn't change that much. Maybe just the very fact I changed something causes the problem.

galensgranny

Quote from: Voeille on May 30, 2018, 07:52:27 PM
Does it work fine if you switch to DX9 in the game settings?
When I switch the game to DX9, the screen freezes on that options screen, no ability to even cancel, and I have to go to Windows Task Manager to stop Banished.
When I was in my normal DX11, even after placing the plants or trees, it makes the whole screen darker.
So, unfortunately, I can't use your items.  Maybe someday I will get a new computer and then they will work.

RedKetchup

have an intel or radeon video card ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Quote from: Voeille on May 30, 2018, 10:58:51 AM
Do you mean lighting on the plant or in the whole game? Someone mentioned to me that they had the plants casting really huge shadows when using DirectX 11 in the game options.

I mean the whole game. It is mostly dark (except maybe the decorative trees themselves???) with lightening flashes of normal. I have an MSI Invidia GTX 950 and use DX11. I use full screen at 1080p. I'll have to look at specific graphics settings for the game, but they are mostly in the mid-range. When I place the hibiscus and hydrangea, it is OK until they are built, then it goes wonky. With the trees it goes wonky as soon as I select them for placement.

Voeille

That really is strange. I have NVidia GeForce GTX 860M, and I have DirectX 9 set in the game settings, all the graphics settings are set to highest. Does it do something if you change settings to higher/lower?

galensgranny

rkelly17

Further settings: Refresh 60 hz (same as my monitor); VSynch On; Full Screen On; Antialising 2x MSAA; Texture Filtering Trilinear; Shadow Res Medium; Reflection Terrain. I'll try changing and see what happens.

RedKetchup

Quote from: galensgranny on May 31, 2018, 01:15:15 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on May 31, 2018, 10:36:15 AM
have an intel or radeon video card ?
I have Intel.

intel was a brand that had the pink water color problem. definitely not working as same as the Nvidias
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

galensgranny

@Voeille , I have good news! I turned off anti aliasing in the options menu, and now I don't that weird shadow, light flashing, dark screen problem!  When I am using the cursor keys to "travel" around the map, sometimes when I pass over a building or crop field, the screen goes a bit dim, but when I stop traveling around, all is well.

So if anyone else has an Intel graphics card, try turning off anti aliasing.  Or maybe even if you don't have Intel, but have problems, try that.

galensgranny

To clarify my previous post, when I selected one of the deco plants to place, and am moving over the map to it's desired placement, that is when there is a dimming of the screen as the plant "floats" over a building or crop field.  But, one it is "planted" using the cursor keys to move all over the map does not result in dimness.  I am so glad I got this solved as I really, really wanted to use the hydrangea bushes, and now I can!  :)