News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Decorative Plants

Started by Voeille, May 27, 2018, 02:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voeille

It's good to hear that at least something works :) Incidentally, how does the game work with an Intel chip in general? It's integrated with the processor, meaning it not only needs to deal with all the normal processor stuff, but also graphics, and Banished can out a strain on the processor anyway. I have two built-in graphic cards (it's common in laptops), one is the NVidia card I mentioned, the other is the Intel chip. I always run games with NVidia, but there's one based on Sims 2 engine that won't launch with NVidia and I'm forced to use the Intel chip, and the difference how it runs compared to Sims 2 (which runs with NVidia just fine) is quite significant.

galensgranny

It seems to me my game runs fine with the Intel chip.  I do remember when I first got Banished, there was a problem getting it run.  After searching and reading several posts, I did something that made it all ok in some settings for the game, some kind of start condition.  I don't remember what it was.  Maybe it was that I needed to use Direct X 11.

I play with shadows on low.  And I need to use the "no smoke" mod so things aren't overly slow.
So basically, in general, it seems this Intel chip system is not so good anymore for recent games.