News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Bannies age problem

Started by zak4862, July 27, 2018, 12:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zak4862

A few times before, while playing the game I have encounter a children of age 6 or 7 years living on their own.
Yesterday the game suddenly split a family (mother and 4 children), so now I have 2 children of age 4 and 5 years
and  1 female child of age 1 YEAR living on their own. WTF...
Anybody knows what is the cause of that or how to prevent it?
   Thanks in advance     Regards   zak4862    ???

RedKetchup

thats simple, you build too many homes and you are pushing your citizens to seperate.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

zak4862

Thanks RK! I didnt knew that. I will slow down building new houses.
        Regards  zak4862  :o :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: zak4862 on July 27, 2018, 01:25:05 AM
Thanks RK! I didnt knew that. I will slow down building new houses.
        Regards  zak4862  :o :)
you must only build house when you have a match pair:
amale or a female who is adult and have the other mate over or equal of 10y
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

consider yourself lucky. if the parent dies, many times the young child dies also. unless they were living with both parents and only 1 died.

in the beginning,it is easy to build houses as there are graduating or child bearing aged females. after a while,i build a house for every 2 adults.remember the boardinghouse counts as 1 house. so if there is 20 working adults and you built a boardinghouse,you want 11 houses.
when nomads come,you can pause the game,accept the nomads,and unpause and repause the game quickly.pull up the boardinghouse and see how many are adults and how many are children.the adults will of course already be added to the laborer count as well. then you know how many new houses you need. building too many, can result in more children being born and more food and firewood being needed.

Goblin Girl

This can happen even if you don't have too many homes.  Sometimes you'll get a couple who want to divorce.  So one parent will move out with some or all of the kids.  If you set the building to demolish, then wait until the jerk parent and his kids aren't showing as homeless any longer, and then cancel removal of the building, you will probably get the new young couple to move in.  For some reason when this happens it's the same family over and over.

rkelly17

Quote from: Goblin Girl on July 27, 2018, 09:56:57 AM
This can happen even if you don't have too many homes.  Sometimes you'll get a couple who want to divorce.  So one parent will move out with some or all of the kids.  If you set the building to demolish, then wait until the jerk parent and his kids aren't showing as homeless any longer, and then cancel removal of the building, you will probably get the new young couple to move in.  For some reason when this happens it's the same family over and over.

I haven't seen exactly this, but sometimes when I am building houses to start a new center in another part of the map--which is by definition further away from other built-up areas--a new house will sit vacant for a bit and then half a family will move in. Almost always if I mark the house to demolish and then restore it a new couple will move in.

What complicates the whole thing is that, when a house vacates because of someone dying, new people will automatically move in and one is usually unaware of who and which house. At the point when the first generation starts dying off and I have been building houses for every new couple so as to maximize population, this can mess things up pretty quickly. Later in the game I am usually so far behind in building houses that it doesn't matter so much.

zak4862

Thanks again to all of you for all your replies, explanations and help.
Still, its sad and frustrating. I am now checking every 10 minutes if those kids have enough food and if they are well.
    Best regards   zak4862  :)

brads3

don't get too scared. i once had a homeless child live at the school. he never starved or froze.stayed  there until he graduated no matter what houses or boardinghouses i built. these bannies have minds of their own. the more we do, the more opposite of what we want they will do.

zak4862

Hey brads3!
I am not scared. I am more shocked and a bit sad that the game code allows a 1 year old child to live on his own in his own house.
That is not realistic.Its crazy. Thats all.
Thank you for your reply.
     Regards zak4862  :o :)

Nilla

What happens if you "fake demolish" the house of the 1 year old ?

smurphys7

Quote from: Nilla on July 28, 2018, 06:25:28 AM
What happens if you "fake demolish" the house of the 1 year old ?

It is possible to demolish the house of a lone child and have that child move back into their original home.

Goblin Girl

Quote from: rkelly17 on July 27, 2018, 12:00:04 PM

What complicates the whole thing is that, when a house vacates because of someone dying, new people will automatically move in and one is usually unaware of who and which house. At the point when the first generation starts dying off and I have been building houses for every new couple so as to maximize population, this can mess things up pretty quickly. Later in the game I am usually so far behind in building houses that it doesn't matter so much.
This exactly problem is why I start checking the houses of the pioneer families in year 7.  Typically I'll have someone in their 60s by then, so I just make sure I'm a few houses behind until they all start dying.  I imagine aging mods change it up, but I don't use them so I can't say for sure.

zak4862

Nice tip/trick GG. Thanks for your reply.
   Regards zak4862  8)

rkelly17

Quote from: Goblin Girl on July 28, 2018, 09:58:07 AM
This exactly problem is why I start checking the houses of the pioneer families in year 7.  Typically I'll have someone in their 60s by then, so I just make sure I'm a few houses behind until they all start dying.  I imagine aging mods change it up, but I don't use them so I can't say for sure.

Good idea, but it goes against my natural laziness.  ;D

In the early game before I build a town hall, or in modded game some other building that gives me the same stats, I do check every house quite carefully for potential matches before I build a new house. If I notice an over-balance of one sex or the other, I build new houses close to the school so that "married" students can finish more quickly. This is based on the observance that the longer students spend traveling to and from school, the longer it takes them to graduate--and that Bannie students don't switch schools even if they pair up and move far away from their original school. There is a way to get them to switch (close a particular school when there are sufficient openings for all students in other schools), but it always runs the risk of booting them out altogether.