News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

How many mods do you have?

Started by child_of_air, September 06, 2018, 03:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

child_of_air

I was just wondering how many mods most people put in their game. I counted mine and it came out to around 40, but I don't always load all of them at the same time. (I like to have buildings match other buildings, so I don't include Wild West buildings with buildings that look more Tudor-era.)

I started having issues with crashing a few days ago, so I'm trying to pair down my mods. Just wondering what the average amount of mods are for the average user.

brads3

map i am blogging currently has about 140 mods.normally i have near 125. not all get built in every map.sometimes thou 1 or  2 parts of a mod are handy to have.easier to leave the mods in just in case you want or need something from it later.

zak4862

I am currently using 47 mods on my map. But in win data folder I have them around 80.
Like brads3 says its easier to leave them there in case that you need it. And I constantly
put in new mods if I like them.
    Regards  zak4862  :)

rkelly17

On the one hand, I like to think that I go minimalist, 10 or 12, but in reality one of those 12 is Megamod which includes, what, 50 or 60?  ;D

I'm a bit odd in that I like many of the mod versions in the previous version of Megamod, so I just update the individual mods where I want the latest version. If you load the newer separate version before Megamod in your load order the newer version will take control of that mods specific code.

brads3

LOL, that is 50 that you seethere is probably other hidden tweak or start mods that you don't also.you need a powerful comp to run that mod and still add others.

rkelly17

Quote from: brads3 on September 07, 2018, 12:46:07 PM
you need a powerful comp to run that mod and still add others.

I've taken to building my own computers in recent years, though there has been an enforced break the last couple of years as video card and memory prices have been through the roof. Right now I have an i5 6600K with 16 GB of memory, a GTX 950 video card (I find it does well for Banished at 1080p) and a 500 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD for storage. I keep Banished and its subdirectories on the SSD, but even then it takes it awhile to load with the Megamod. From an HDD I'm sure it would take much longer to load. Having an SSD makes one very impatient since it works so quickly. I go nuts watching my grandson's computer load Windows from the HDD. Prices are starting to come down so I'm getting the itch to build again--though my other hobby (model railroading) is taking up a fair bit of money at the moment. An HO model locomotive with digital control and sound runs $300-350 Canadian these days and there are several locomotives that I just have to have coming out.  :) and  :(  Why is having fun so expensive?

Work: They pay you.   Hobby: You pay them.

IcySelena

I have around 200 mods, not all enable and not all are used in one town. I like having varieties of different styles and such. That way I can figure out which to use.

TheOtherMicheal

I like having mods in the game because I like the city building part of the game more than the survival aspect. In the past I had almost 200 mods active but ended up using MegaMod to cut down the number of individual mods.
At the moment I am using MegaMod with some newer versions of mods that are already included in MegaMod so my list is creeping up to about 120 mods in active use.

theonlywanderer

Vanilla Banished got pretty boring for sure, so limited.  I just went randomly searching and found Colonial Charter which completely changed the game for me.   I then found The North 6 for another great change over!    Then came MegaMod and whoa nelly....  that sucker is overwhelming then version MM8.1 came out and geeeeez!!.     Then I saw RK's Editor Choice which is another stand alone full game makeover as well, limited to some of his mods only.     I have yet to do a full customized list of preferred mods.