News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Old Age breeds Absent Minds?

Started by child_of_air, September 06, 2018, 03:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

child_of_air

Yesterday I was playing and had to slaughter some of my animals in a pasture due to a disease outbreak. Well, the herder took forever to slaughter them, and when I checked her stats, I saw she was about 60 years old. Her happiness was way up, but her health was a bit down- something I see on elders quite a bit.

She would idle and just hang out, walk around and do absolutely NOTHING for several months. Is this typical of elder bannies? And if so, is there a way to "retire" them? I noticed that sometimes when I try to get rid of certain unhappy or uneducated farmers or herders, they somehow still keep working. The game seems to want me to suffer, as if it's showing me- "look at this bad worker you made!"  :)

Any help is appreciated.

brads3

to my knowledge the game treats all adults the same without figuring their ages.the only way to attempt to retire them weould be to turn turn the building off they are on and then drop the worker count down. in your case turn the pasture off then click the dwon button on the number of workers.the game may or may not assign that worker another job. after that,restart the pasture and add a worker.again this will work similar to force moving the bannies, they will do as they please and sometimes do what you want. normally they will do the opposite.they have minds of their own.your best option would have been to assign a 2nd worker to that pasture.

child_of_air

That's actually what I do most of the time. I was hoping to find a different way of "retiring" the bad workers rather than just turning the buildings off. If I need them, that method doesn't work, especially in an early game. Thanks for the tips though.