Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Organizing Mods?

Started by Paeng, September 04, 2014, 12:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkelly17

Quote from: Paeng on September 12, 2014, 04:08:23 PM
Quotebut I'm such an ingenious fool that I can still get things wrong
Yeah, that's the nature of the beast - and the fool is me then, for failing to express things in a clear enough fashion... But believe me, producers develop an uncanny 'antenna' for whether a question is asked due to confusion or due to... well, ignorance.  :)

Just like the students always thought that somehow I couldn't figure it out when they hadn't done the reading.  ::)

A Nonny Moose

^ A teacher?  Welcome to the club.  They think we don't know the material.  I had one set that even copped a wrong answer out of a published instructor guide and figured they'd be safe to hand it in as original work.  Got them each a zero.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

Paeng

Quote from: rkelly17 on September 13, 2014, 08:43:23 AMJust like the students always thought that somehow I couldn't figure it out when they hadn't done the reading.

I guess I was lucky then - my teaching days were mostly spent in adult education, so I mostly had students who really wanted to learn, for better job opportunities and such... so I didn't have to deal with too much 'cheating'...  :)

As for people who don't bother to read instructions - used to wear me out, but  now it doesn't bother me any more, I've learned to accept that as a fact. That's what I like most about retirement - we can choose what we still want to deal with...  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

rkelly17

Quote from: Paeng on September 14, 2014, 07:34:54 AM
That's what I like most about retirement - we can choose what we still want to deal with...  ;)

Isn't that the truth!  :D

When people ask me what I'm doing in retirement I say, "Exactly what I want to." I don't really do things that are all that different from before retirement, but now I work on what makes me curious and if an interesting tangent presents itself, I follow it.

A Nonny Moose

I've been retired for over a decade, and believe me getting old sucks.  I've become more or less immobilized without any wheels (I can't drive safely), and so am a bit of a prisoner in my pad.  However, the internet keeps me in touch.

If you lose your mobility, make sure you have a high-speed Internet link.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

rkelly17

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on September 14, 2014, 12:48:21 PM
I've been retired for over a decade, and believe me getting old sucks.  I've become more or less immobilized without any wheels (I can't drive safely), and so am a bit of a prisoner in my pad.  However, the internet keeps me in touch.

If you lose your mobility, make sure you have a high-speed Internet link.

Losing your wheels really does suck.