News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Selin

Started by Paeng, October 11, 2014, 01:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Vendors will go all over the map, if necessary, in order to stock their market. When you build a market, you are delegating what is probably the most troublesome aspect of your supply chain to the market and its vendors.

snapster

I know that, am wondering what the level of optimization is, if that's an accurate way of putting it.

irrelevant

I think I recall one of the modders posting something that showed the target levels a market has for various things. Basically to restock enough coal, iron, logs, and textiles for one blacksmith and one tailor, plus a certain level of fuel, plus a certain level of the four food groups. The target level of fruit can pretty handily support a couple of taverns in addition to home consumption.

As items are consumed the vendors will restock. If you have enough vendors at a market they can support additional resource producers by trying to restock in response to the additional resource consumption. At some point the vendors will be unable to keep up, and production supported by that market will turn flat. I've never had so many houses relying on a single market that food stocking was unable to keep up. People with different approaches to the game may have different experiences.